Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > What does Matt 28:19and 20 mean ??

Old 11-19-2010, 07:52 PM

Default What does Matt 28:19and 20 mean ??

Hi to all and I know that we will not all agree on what many call the Great Commission .

In verse 19 , it reads , Go ye therefore , and teach all NATIONS/ETHNOS .

Anyone who does a word study on ETHNOS will be more careful on what Nation means .

Lets look at some verses to see the differences .

In Matt 10;5 , the CONTEXT is to the 12 apostles in verse 2 .

Go , not into the way of the GENTILES/ETHNOS .

But the command is to go to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel and that command has never changed .

Then in Acts 2:5 , And there where dwelling at Jerusalem Jews , devout men , out of every NATTION/ETHNOS .

Then in John 11:50 , " and that the whole NATION/ETHNOS perish not and here ETHNOS is used mfor Israel .

ETHNOS can be translated by the following English words ;

#1 , Heathen
#2 , Nation
#3 , Pagan
#4 , Gentile
#5 , Or Jew

So , I submit to all that Matt 28:19 has nothi9ng to do with Gentiles , but the FUTURE calling to Israel in the Tribulation to Repent and be Baptized and Acts 2:39 , for the promise is to all Jews and to their Children and those a far off , as the Jews are scattered around the world .

The Jews will have the Languages of the world and , this time it we be the 144,000 Jewish virgins that will reach fellow Jews , during the Tribulation .

So , there are no Gentiles here at ALL , DAN P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:05 AM
CatholicCrusader

Default Re: What does Matt 28:19and 20 mean ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
.....I submit to all that Matt 28:19 has nothi9ng to do with Gentiles , but the FUTURE calling to Israel in the Tribulation.....
Unfortunately for you, there is no support for such an extremist interpretation.

Jesus told them to make disciples of all nation: Period, dot. Nothing about Israel, nothing about some Tribulation... ..none of that.

Thank God the early Church read it correctly, and began making disciples of all nations. If they had read it the way you say, you would not even be a Christian right now!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 PM

Default Re: What does Matt 28:19and 20 mean ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Unfortunately for you, there is no support for such an extremist interpretation.

Jesus told them to make disciples of all nation: Period, dot. Nothing about Israel, nothing about some Tribulation... ..none of that.

Thank God the early Church read it correctly, and began making disciples of all nations. If they had read it the way you say, you would not even be a Christian right now!
Hi CC, you did not comment on the Greek word ETHNOS and its meaning , and you are avoiding it .

I did not exhausted where ETHNOS is used , did I ???

yOU HAVE SAID THAT i HOLD AND extremist view , know prove it , and looking for your reponse , dan p