True2Ourselves Forums

True2Ourselves Forums (http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/)
-   Theology (http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/theology/)
-   -   “I Don't Want to Believe in God” (http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/theology/5103-i-dont-want-believe-god.html)

peacebwithu 08-30-2010 10:16 AM

“I Don't Want to Believe in God”

Acts 17:27 God wanted them to look for him and perhaps search all around for him and find him, though he is not far from any of us: 28 'By his power we live and move and exist.' Some of your own poets have said: 'For we are his children'.
Matt. 10:29 Two sparrows cost only a penny, but not even one of them can die without your Father's knowing it. 30 God even knows how many hairs are on your head. 31 So don't be afraid. You are worth much more than many sparrows.

“I Don't Want to Believe in God”
Written by Leah Jones
Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Christian Web News - Do you not want to believe in God because you are afraid of letting go of something that you have held on to for so long? Are you afraid of putting your faith in someone other than yourself?

“I don't want to believe in God.” The words linger in my mind. It gives me a sense of hope. Maybe a some calm assurance that there is a chance, that there's still hope.

Deep down inside, in the very depth of me, my main goal in life is to change the lives of others by simply leading them to Christ. God has placed a burning fire inside of me. A passion for the lost. A lyric from one of my favorite songs says “break my heart for what breaks Yours.” If you ask then you shall receive, right? My heart breaks for those who are hurting. For those who are lost. My heart cries for those who think they are alright, but are without God.

God is all we need. He is our creator. He is our Father. He is our peace, our joy, our comforter. He is the very reason for us being here. Without him we would not exist. Do you not comprehend that? The Bible is not some made-up fairytale. It is real. It is the truth, and it is not the only evidence that God is real. There are scientific and historical facts that prove that God is real.

But, I have been thinking a lot here lately about those simple words, “I don't want to believe in God.”

We, as humans, tend to build walls. We place ourselves inside a bubble and only allow a select few inside. We label ourselves with “things” and “stuff.” We try so hard to figure everything out on our own and refuse to ask anyone for help. We put so much on ourselves, so much stress (when the Bible tells us plainly in Philippians 4:6 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.”) If we cast our cares upon the Lord we can be set free from anxiety and worry.

Maybe something has happened to you in your past that has caused you to have resentment or to say “How could God let this happen?” or “God can't be real if this is taking place.” Maybe someone close to you has passed away or walked out of your life. Maybe a friend or relative has been diagnosed with cancer or was born with a defect or illness that cannot be cured. I can't explain to you why these things happen; only God knows. But I can tell you this: there is a God Who loves you so much that He sent His only son to take a beating for us, and to die up a cross for our sins. FOR US. For me, for you!! Yes, YOU!! Jesus died for you. He paid the ultimate price so that we can be with Him in heaven eternally.

I can't express to you enough how much the Lord loves you. I can't even fathom in my own mind His love He has for us. However, I can tell you this: If you take that step of faith and welcome Him into your life to be your Lord and Savior, He will rock your world. No, things will not be perfect, but you will be highly blessed. Just imagine walking in the favor of the Lord, the LORD. The Almighty God. Most powerful One. Ruler over all the earth. Just imagine walking in His favor.

So, now tell me, why don't you want to believe in God? Are you still afraid to let go? Stop holding on to your past! It's your past for a reason. Let go, and let God.

I want to let you know something. I pray for you all the time. Yes, you. The one who “doesn't want to believe in God.” Even the one who despises God and declares that He is not real. I pray for you because I love you and I want you to experience true joy, real peace, and total comfort that only the Lord can give you. And I want to see you in heaven.

Tear down those walls. Take a step of faith. And Let Him in today. He's right there waiting... on you...

If you would like to ask God into your heart today and live for Him for the rest of your days then say this prayer:

"Dear heavenly Father, we come to you in Jesus name and first of all we thank you for all you have done, are doing and will continue to do for us. God, we need you in our lives. Right now, Lord, I ask you to come into my life, be my Lord and Savior. I want to live for You for the rest of my days. I ask that you forgive me of all my sins. Cleanse me, Lord. From this day forward I will chose to reject the ways of the world and run after you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen"

Christian Web News - cwnewz.com - “I Don't Want to Believe in God”

Gentlewind 08-30-2010 12:59 PM

Re: “I Don't Want to Believe in God”

Very nice, Peace. Thank you.

peacebwithu 08-30-2010 01:31 PM

Christians confess: "I was wrong." From skeptic to believer.

Do Christians blindly believe that God exists and the Bible is His word?
Authors who defend the faith (Christian apologetics) admit..

The most influential apologist from the 1900s was C.S. Lewis. He was originally an atheist and did not want to except what he observed to be true. Lewis stated the he came into Christianity "kicking and screaming". Gary Habermas today is the world's leading expert on the historical evidence for the resurrection. Before looking into the resurrection, he doubted the Bible, argued with and debated Christians and considered becoming a Buddhist.
One of today's leading apologists Lee Strobel once thought, "the idea of God existing is just stupid, looking into Christianity is not worth my time."
Popular author and speaker Josh McDowell he says: "I thought Christians were walking idiots, if they had a brain cell it would die of loneliness." "Christianity is for weaklings it's not intellectual." "My conversion was ego-shattering." He now has authored/co-authored 100 books about the faith he tried to prove wrong.
Ralph Muncaster was forced to attend church as a child and it turned him into a hardened atheist. As an adult someone challenged him to prove the Bible wrong. Three years later (in his mid 30's) he accepted Christ.

Sir William Ramsey one of the greatest archeologists spent 30 years trying to disprove the New Testament. After many archeological findings he finaly became a Christian and said, "Luke is one of the greatest historians of all time."

Lawyer Frank Morison set out to prove that the resurection was a myth and planned to write a book on his findings. After reviewing the facts using his legal training he changed his mind. And wrote his book about the evidence for Christ's Resurection.

Many other authors have taken the path (from skeptic to a believer).. Norman Geisler, Frank Turek, Anthony Horvath, J. Budziszewski, Philip E. Johnson, C.S. Lewis, Ralph Muncaster, Lee Strobel, Josh McDowell, Sir William Ramsey, Simon Greenleaf, Frank Morison(geneticist), Mortimer Adler, Steve Beren, John Whitcomb, Kirk Cameron, Bruce Cockburn, Franicis Collins, Joy Gresham, Alister McGrath(biochemist), William J. Murray, Monty White, George R. Price(geneticist), . I'm sure there are more that I haven't found out about yet.

Praise the Lord for what he has done and continues to do threw the lives of these men!
Jesus Christ continues to lead people to the truth of His Message.

Gentlewind 08-30-2010 01:38 PM

I have Josh McDowell's The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict. Great book of apologetics!

Wonderful post! I laughed at some of the quotes!:D

alphaomega3160 08-30-2010 03:40 PM

Sometimes Man Will Attempt To Find Evidence For God
And While That Evidence Is There; In Nature And Creation Itself
The True Path To Finding The Evidence For God Is Through Jesus .

This Man ( Son Of Man ) Is Related To The World .
His Linage Includes Those Of Japheth Ham Lot Ishmael Esau Abraham Isaac And Jacob

This Man Lived And Died ; And Was Risen Again

He Healed The Sick ; Bought People Back From The Dead ; Feed The Multitudes With 2 Fish And 5 Loves Of Bread

He Said He Had Come Into This World To Redeem Mankind
------- That He And His Father ( God ) Where One
------- He Was The Truth , The Light And The Way
------- He Would Die And Go Away ; And Comeback One Day

This Jesus Is Said To Be God ;
So If One Seeks God ;
He Need Not Look To The Jewish Jesus
He Not Not Look To The ( Religious) Christan Jesus
He Can Just Start With Jesus ; His Very Own Relative
He Can Hear His Story
And See If He Claims This Relative Of His ( Jesus) As Family
Then He Can Go From There ; If He Wants To Seek God

Gentlewind 08-30-2010 06:39 PM

^ I claim my kinsman redeemer, Jesus, the only begotten son of the Father!:)

alphaomega3160 08-30-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentlewind (Post 92033)
^ I claim my kinsman redeemer, Jesus, the only begotten son of the Father!:)

good because he claims you too

another group hug?

PermaPetra 08-30-2010 07:34 PM

Group HUG!!!

alphaomega3160 08-30-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PermaPetra (Post 92036)
Group HUG!!!

yea ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ need the ~"s to get to 10 digits lol