Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Who is God?

Old 07-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Who is God?

I. There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions, immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute, working all things according to the counsel of his own immutable and most righteous will, for his own glory, most loving, gracious, merciful, long-suffering, abundant in goodness and truth, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin; the rewarder of them that diligently seek him; and withal most just and terrible in his judgments; hating all sin; and who will by no means clear the guilty.

II. God hath all life, glory, goodness, blessedness, in and of himself; and is alone in and unto himself all-sufficient, not standing in need of any creatures which he hath made, nor deriving any glory from them, but only manifesting his own glory in, by, unto, and upon them; he is the alone foundation of all being, of whom, through whom, and to whom, are all things; and hath most sovereign dominion over them, to do by them, for them, or upon them, whatsoever himself pleaseth. In his sight all things are open and manifest; his knowledge is infinite, infallible, and independent upon the creature; so as nothing is to him contingent or uncertain. He is most holy in all his counsels, in all his works, and in all his commands. To him is due from angels and men, and every other creature, whatsoever worship, service, or obedience he is pleased to require of them.

III. In the unity of the Godhead there be three Persons of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. The Father is of none, neither begotten nor proceeding; the Son is eternally begotten of the Father; the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son.
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Mirage

Default Re: Who is God?

I believe there is one God. I believe that the 'god' worshiped by people of all religions (with the exception of Satanism) is the same God.

I believe that God has no gender nor sexual orientation.

I believe that God loves all people in the world and is there to guide us if we are willing to surrender our and live our lives if God would have us live them. I believe that God does not exclude anyone who tries to follow God as God speaks to their hearts. I believe that God transcends all human conceptualizations of what God may be.

I believe that God forgives all people who humbly ask for forgiveness.

I don't know where God came from or what God is; nor does it matter to me.

This is what I believe about God at this time in my life.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Gentlewind

Who is God? I asked that question for 33 years, until I learned about Christ.

Jesus is God. And He is absolutely awesome.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Suspended for Review

God is my father, who loves me dearly, and who like any good father, just waits for His children to run to Him and sit in His lap and put there arms around Him, but so few do, they keep Him at a distance. He loves it when we come to Him and thank Him for all He has done, He loves it when we come to Him with our problems and then leave them with Him so that He can fix them. He loves it when we praise and worship Him, He loves it when we allow Christ to change us, so that others can see Him in us, for He sees His work being done and He is glorified, He loves it when we run to Him with our stain of sin upon us and ask for forgiveness, He specially loves it when we put Him first above all things, for in this He sees His heart and His love in action.

For in Jesus we see God and His heart,

Luk 10:38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
Luk 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
Luk 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
Luk 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Id rather sit at His feet and learn from Him then have a headfull of mens understanding.

In His LOve
Old 07-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
I believe there is one God. I believe that the 'god' worshiped by people of all religions (with the exception of Satanism) is the same God.

I believe that God has no gender nor sexual orientation.

I believe that God loves all people in the world and is there to guide us if we are willing to surrender our and live our lives if God would have us live them. I believe that God does not exclude anyone who tries to follow God as God speaks to their hearts. I believe that God transcends all human conceptualizations of what God may be.

I believe that God forgives all people who humbly ask for forgiveness.

I don't know where God came from or what God is; nor does it matter to me.

This is what I believe about God at this time in my life.
May I ask you what you believe about the blood of Christ as to what is accomplishes for us in our salvation? We are told this about the sacrifice made for us on the cross:

"Without the shedding of blood, thjere is no remission of sins."

Jesus Himself said this:

"All that came before me are thieves and robbers. I am the way, the truth and the life, No man comes to the Father but by me".

It seems to me that Jesus forces us into a corner to either believe He was THE only begotten Son of God, that He is THE way to eternal life, that He alone is the gate, through His shed blood, and that all who enter in must do so through Him alone, or he was a simple madman and totally beside himself and we must discount all that He has said.

What is your opinion?

Blessings,

Bruce
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
God is my father, who loves me dearly, and who like any good father, just waits for His children to run to Him and sit in His lap and put there arms around Him, but so few do, they keep Him at a distance. He loves it when we come to Him and thank Him for all He has done, He loves it when we come to Him with our problems and then leave them with Him so that He can fix them. He loves it when we praise and worship Him, He loves it when we allow Christ to change us, so that others can see Him in us, for He sees His work being done and He is glorified, He loves it when we run to Him with our stain of sin upon us and ask for forgiveness, He specially loves it when we put Him first above all things, for in this He sees His heart and His love in action.

For in Jesus we see God and His heart,

Luk 10:38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
Luk 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
Luk 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
Luk 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Id rather sit at His feet and learn from Him then have a headfull of mens understanding.

In His LOve

Excellent answer!

Blessings, Bruce
Old 07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
I believe there is one God. I believe that the 'god' worshiped by people of all religions (with the exception of Satanism) is the same God.......
So you think Buddah, and the 8-armed Hindu god, and the God of Abraham are the same? LOL. Gimme a break.

doinghiswill: In the OP, you said that God is "without body, parts, or passions." Should I take that to mean that you do not believe Jesus was God?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
So you think Buddah, and the 8-armed Hindu god, and the God of Abraham are the same? LOL. Gimme a break.

doinghiswill: In the OP, you said that God is "without body, parts, or passions." Should I take that to mean that you do not believe Jesus was God?
CC if you'll look at the JW thread you'll see right where i stand on that subject....caught a little heat for my stand too....
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Representative Clergy

^Right, it is speaking of the divine nature. However, I must depart from you on the last part of the last clause:
"the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son"
I think I'll stick with Scripture on this one: The Spirit eternally proceeds from the Father, and in time is sent by the Son but nevertheless, even then is recogized as ek (from) the Father in terms of eternal relations within the Trinity.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
^Right, it is speaking of the divine nature. However, I must depart from you on the last part of the last clause:
"the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son"
I think I'll stick with Scripture on this one: The Spirit eternally proceeds from the Father, and in time is sent by the Son but nevertheless, even then is recogized as ek (from) the Father in terms of eternal relations within the Trinity.

Hmmmmm never really paid attention to the wording before
I think perhapes I'll agree with you on that.