Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Bible comparisons

Old 09-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Bible comparisons

In acts chapter two verse two it says.

King James, And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as a rushing mighty wind.

NIV, Suddenly a sound like the b l owing of a violent wind came from heaven

Now to the untrained eye they seem to be the same. When you have understanding you know that a rushing mighty wind means , they go the quickening of the spirit and spoke with cloven tongues means they understood both the flesh and the Spirit or both tongues or the interpretation of the word.

Now the NIV says a violent wind so that says the spirit of violence. The wind means the spirit. If you understand the word you know that any man that exacutes judgement with violence is cursed of God.

I've been noticing lots of errors in the new bibles now and there are some serious mistakes. Here is my main point. When there are new translations of the bible it shows that even the interpreters or translaters are in error and if of understanding of Gods word and not only that but the later is corect for them. To them the word is from a violent spirit. That is not the Holy Spirit. So their own writing of that translation shows and exposes their Spirit and the ignorance of the word to the understanding of God. Even to say they spoke with differant tongues doesn't mean with cloven tongues. You can eat of the cloven hoof animals means you can believe a man that has understanding of the spirit as well as the flesh but to say they spoke with differant tongues means they spoke without the spirit.

I've used just about every bible and learned much from each but now days I only trust the origanal King James. Makes a lot of differance when you can speak with the cloven tongue. Now if I could only figure out how to use a spell check. hahahaha

Last edited by colin : 09-19-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Bible comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Now if I could only figure out how to use a spell check. hahahaha

LOL! Ah, but Colin, dear brother; you speak the words of God so The spelling doesn't matter! Thy hands type His message plainly. Blessings to you, Peggy
Old 09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Knight of the Forum

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Rom 3:4

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

Who is not in a measure, double-minded at times? Only the overcomer!

Unfortunately, when our heart is not toward God, we certainly do lie to ourselves and therefore also to others. Even many people who love God and serve Him faithfully still too often look down toward the water instead of continuing to look at the Master's face.

When our heart is toward God, He will pull from the words of scripture His Truth and write it in our hearts even if words on paper went astray because of the interpreter or translators was looking down at the water. Our God is able, but when we gain such knowledge of differences, should we tempt the Lord?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Rom 3:4

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

Who is not in a measure, double-minded at times? Only the overcomer!

Unfortunately, when our heart is not toward God, we certainly do lie to ourselves and therefore also to others. Even many people who love God and serve Him faithfully still too often look down toward the water instead of continuing to look at the Master's face.

When our heart is toward God, He will pull from the words of scripture His Truth and write it in our hearts even if words on paper went astray because of the interpreter or translators was looking down at the water. Our God is able, but when we gain such knowledge of differences, should we tempt the Lord?
Well said John. I think when a man gets understanding from God it is easy to decide witch is truth and what to speak or not. If people see the Flesh of Jesus and consider this his Glory. My friend , how much more will they Love him when they see him in his Spiritual Glory. How much easier is it to believe when you understand from God. John , I believe this. With every greater understanding I am given , greater is my hope and more fulfilled is my Joy. The more I understand the closer to the Lord I feel and for this thing to be happening to us right here, I feel like we are the true people of God because he is here taking care of us and teaching us to overcome this world as he did. It's Jesus Christ doing this to us John. Our Lord and our Savour. Sorry if I've been again picking on people for not understanding but the good news is that period is oven and the new day has begun. I love you my friend. Take care