Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Name of the beast:"Vicar Of The Son Of God"

Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 AM
irondumpty

Default Name of the beast:"Vicar Of The Son Of God"

Just some research I did. Tell me what you all think.
Notice how I add NO interpretation at all?

Hebrew

200 - resh
6 - vav
40 - mem
10 - yud
10 - yud
400 - tav
רומיית =666
Roman Kingdom
-------------------------------------------------------------
Greek

ΛλLambda=30
ΑαAlpha=1
ΤτTau=300
ΕεEpsilon=5
ΙιIota=10
ΝνNu=50
ΟοOmicron=70
ΣσςSigma=200
ΛΑΤΕΙΝΟΣ=666
LATEINOS (ie: Roman Man)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Latin

V=5
I=1
C=100
A=0
R=0
I=1
U=5
S=0
F=0
I=1
L=50
I=1
I=1
D=500
E=0
I=1
VICARIUS FILII DEI=666
VICARIUS: substitute, deputy, one acting for another; successor; slave to do one's work;
FILII: SON
DEI:God
Vicari of the son of God. (The title of Popes)

I corrected this on/18/2009 I added the word Kingdom to the Hebrew section.

Last edited by irondumpty : 11-18-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Name of the beast:"Vicar Of The Son Of God"

I have little faith in numerology. I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit and as it has never illuminated me that numerology is important to me, its not. To me anything that to be understood must be taught by man is not good for our foundational knowledge or for teaching. Although reading about a lot of stuff can be amusing or interesting, anything of real importance must be acknowledged by the Holy Spirit as valid. It is to be our guide.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Redeemed

I'll keep it in mind as history unfolds.

Ellen White, prophetess of the 7th Day Adventist Church, believed the antichrist would arise from the papacy, too. But on Wikipedia, we are told her name numerically comes out to 666, too. Although hers is not a Roman name . . .
Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondumpty View Post
Just some research I did. Tell me what you all think.
Notice how I add NO interpretation at all?

Hebrew

200 - resh
6 - vav
40 - mem
10 - yud
10 - yud
400 - tav
רומיית =666
Roman
-------------------------------------------------------------
Greek

ΛλLambda=30
ΑαAlpha=1
ΤτTau=300
ΕεEpsilon=5
ΙιIota=10
ΝνNu=50
ΟοOmicron=70
ΣσςSigma=200
ΛΑΤΕΙΝΟΣ=666
LATEINOS (ie: Roman Man)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Latin

V=5
I=1
C=100
A=0
R=0
I=1
U=5
S=0
F=0
I=1
L=50
I=1
I=1
D=500
E=0
I=1
VICARIUS FILII DEI=666
VICARIUS: substitute, deputy, one acting for another; successor; slave to do one's work;
FILII: SON
DEI:God
Vicari of the son of God. (The title of Popes)
Dude! What is wrong with you? You posted that same nonsense in another thread and it was proven false. Now you post it all over again?

This is one of the most common falsehoods spread around by anti-Catholics. The truth is, no pope has EVER had the title of VICARIUS FILII DEI. We can thank the SDA's for that piece of misinformation. The pope's title is "VICARUS CHRISTI" - Vicar of Christ. "Vicarius Filii Dei" (Latin for: Vicar of the Son of God) is a lie that the SDAs cooked up. Why? Because they can make it add up to 666 and thus claim that the pope is the antichrist. Its really really sad that they actually have to make up a title and pin it on the pope to justify calling him the antichrist. But, as I said, no pope has ever had the title "Vicarius Filii Dei". His title is "Vicarus Christi" (Vicar of Christ.) So that's the end of that nonsense. Next time you want to regurgitate bogus propoganda, at leat pick some that isn't so blatantly dumb and easily disprovable.

We are told that the number of the beast is 666 and that this is the number of a man’s name (Rev 13:18). Not a "title", a name. Not coincidentally, the persecuting, pagan Roman Empire was headed in the A.D. 60s by Caesar Nero, whose name happened to add up to 666 in the Hebrew system of letters and numbers. (In Hebrew, "Caesar Nero" = "NRWN QSR" = N 50 + R 200 + W 6 + N 50 + Q 100 + S 60 + R 200 = 666; a variant spelling of the name, NRW QSR, adds up to 616, which some manuscripts have in place of 666). Mant theologians believe, and I agree, that Nero - who made himself a god and tried to kill off all Christinanity - is who John was speaking about.

Since you posted the same dishonest material twice now, I have to wonder what your real motivation is.

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 09-12-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Knight of the Forum

I do have to say that I saw this then just went to look at the other thread to see where you left it, Iron. Is there a reason you didn't stay there and defend your views but felt the need to reiterate the exact same thing in a new thread?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
CatholicCrusader

Oh, but he DOES have the gift of prophecy. <<rolls eyes>>
Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 PM
quietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
I do have to say that I saw this then just went to look at the other thread to see where you left it, Iron. Is there a reason you didn't stay there and defend your views but felt the need to reiterate the exact same thing in a new thread?
As this is a public forum, and all words are subject to scrutiny, and can be verified, and citing the public record of this forum as my source, I would say his motives are to stir the hornet's nest. I have attempted to engage in civil discourse with him on a couple of occasions. Civil meaning each member begins the discussion on equal grounds. However, his pattern of posting is consistent with that of an inciter of riots. He misrepresents your views from the beginning (aka tells you what you believe), or posts completely provocative material about your faith, and then with great apparent dispassion sits back and lobs Bible bombs at you to destroy your attempt to demand conversational equality. You never actually get to discuss the topic, because you spend all your time just trying to get him to acknolwedge that he's misrepresenting you. He's a great asset to the community in that way—a real promoter of unity.

The very, very sad thing is... he parades the title of "Minister." Of what? And for whom?

Oh, and in the interest of fairness, if you, Irondumpty, can prove that I have misrepresented you, I will gladly make a public apology to you for these comments. Then I'll remove the offending comments. I am not too proud to admit an error. You love to call on others to prove you wrong. Prove me wrong?

Last edited by quietude : 09-12-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:08 AM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietude View Post
......and citing the public record of this forum as my source, I would say his motives are to stir the hornet's nest.....
I agree. I think I've just about had my fill of it
Old 09-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Knight of the Forum

I have seen this tactic many times from extreme fundamentalists who are anti-Catholic and anti-anything else that is not what they think. They cannot sustain a conversation on the merits of a given topic, get mad, and immediately come the attacks. Typical...
Old 09-13-2009, 06:54 AM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaVerbumDei View Post
I have seen this tactic many times from extreme fundamentalists who are anti-Catholic and anti-anything else that is not what they think. They cannot sustain a conversation on the merits of a given topic, get mad, and immediately come the attacks. Typical...
But... ...but.. .. but.. he has the gift of prophecy