Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > more about babylon and fire

Old 09-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default more about babylon and fire

Put the two treads togeather about babylon being a place built up on the glory of man, Well consider the glory of man being the teachings in the bible with the understanding of man. Then as gold being refined the word of man being refined and that is the smoke from babylon rissing as she falls.Then think about the Israelites being leed out of Egypt and the pillers of fire and the smoke rissing as they we being purified. Now if you think about Sadam and Gamora you should see what it means when God sent fire from heaven to distroy that place. Jesus even said it would be better for those in that place then for people that do not believe. Now think about going into the mountians like lot meaning going to the place of higher rightousness. Now think about Jesus saying to the Jews how will you escape the fires of hell. God's fires purify but men's fires condem.If you can put this all togeather you can understand the lake of fire because the flood of teachings gather and the earthly flood is a sea but pure waters are like a lake. Ok well that's how I woke up this morning.The enemy being consumed in the lake of fire because he lives in the thoughts of men in error of truth and is consumed away by fire when we are purified.

Last edited by colin : 09-12-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: more about babylon and fire

Quote:
colin:Put the two threads together about babylon being a place built up on the glory of man, Well consider the glory of man being the teachings in the bible with the understanding of man. Then as gold being refined the word of man being refined and that is the smoke from babylon rising as she falls.
The teachings, even Bible teachings, using man's way of thinking has given us many Doctors of Divinity without God and many magnificent buildings called 'churches'. When I visited Europe from 1969 to 1970 I entered many of these remarkable edifices, but I didn't have God in my heart and He wasn't there in those buildings either for me. Our natural buildings, for the most part in America, do not even aproach the beauty of those in Europe, but many of them are just as empty of God's Spirit.

But, the places where men are who are filled with His Spirit are easily discerned by others who also have His Spirit or by those who are open to His Spirit.

The smoke is all that is left when a carnal man without God's Spirit and without a real desire to meet God, encounters God. Our God is a consuming fire! His fire will consume all that is wrong in men. Some men will be completely consumed because they have nothing in them that can be refined. They have nothing of the gold from God. The smoke that remains will b.l.o.w.n. away and be gone. They will be remembered no more.

Quote:
Then think about the Israelites being led out of Egypt and the pillars of fire and the smoke rising as they we being purified. Now if you think about Sodom and Gomorrah you should see what it means when God sent fire from heaven to destroy that place. Jesus even said it would be better for those in that place than for people that do not believe. Now think about going into the mountains like Lot meaning going to the place of higher righteousness.
It was all burned up! There was nothing left in Sodom and Gomorrah. When Abraham discussed the matter with God it was agreed that if only 10 righteous were found in the cities they would be spared. Ten could not be found and they were not spared! God called those few out who had a bit of His Truth in order to bring them up higher.

Will we be burned up where we are, or called out of her to go to a higher place in God? Remember that being called to go up higher is not necessarily the end of the story with everyone living happily ever after.

Lot's wife looked back to her old ways and could not move on toward God. Lot's daughters' decided to give their father an inheritance through the evil ways of their own flesh. Where was Lot's part in God? [Maybe in Ruth?]

Quote:
Now think about Jesus saying to the Jews how will you escape the fires of hell. God's fires purify but men's fires condemn. If you can put this all together you can understand the lake of fire because the flood of teachings gather and the earthly flood is a sea but pure waters are like a lake. Ok well that's how I woke up this morning.The enemy being consumed in the lake of fire because he lives in the thoughts of men in error of truth and is consumed away by fire when we are purified.
If we remain in the city when God calls us out we will be consumed. We choose our own hellfire. Some, however, like the three Hebrews in Daniel 3 will be joined by the Son of God and be untouched by the fire.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: more about babylon and fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post

The teachings, even Bible teachings, using man's way of thinking has given us many Doctors of Divinity without God and many magnificent buildings called 'churches'. When I visited Europe from 1969 to 1970 I entered many of these remarkable edifices, but I didn't have God in my heart and He wasn't there in those buildings either for me. Our natural buildings, for the most part in America, do not even aproach the beauty of those in Europe, but many of them are just as empty of God's Spirit.

But, the places where men are who are filled with His Spirit are easily discerned by others who also have His Spirit or by those who are open to His Spirit.

The smoke is all that is left when a carnal man without God's Spirit and without a real desire to meet God, encounters God. Our God is a consuming fire! His fire will consume all that is wrong in men. Some men will be completely consumed because they have nothing in them that can be refined. They have nothing of the gold from God. The smoke that remains will b.l.o.w.n. away and be gone. They will be remembered no more.

It was all burned up! There was nothing left in Sodom and Gomorrah. When Abraham discussed the matter with God it was agreed that if only 10 righteous were found in the cities they would be spared. Ten could not be found and they were not spared! God called those few out who had a bit of His Truth in order to bring them up higher.

Will we be burned up where we are, or called out of her to go to a higher place in God? Remember that being called to go up higher is not necessarily the end of the story with everyone living happily ever after.

Lot's wife looked back to her old ways and could not move on toward God. Lot's daughters' decided to give their father an inheritance through the evil ways of their own flesh. Where was Lot's part in God? [Maybe in Ruth?]

If we remain in the city when God calls us out we will be consumed. We choose our own hellfire. Some, however, like the three Hebrews in Daniel 3 will be joined by the Son of God and be untouched by the fire.

Thank you John. Well that is how I wake up . million thoughts going through my head. Take care my friend

« Gold | The walls »