Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Lazarus and The Rich Man.. A True Story or a Parable?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Lazarus and The Rich Man.. A True Story or a Parable?

I am venturing through this community to gather insight as to whether the story of the rich man and Lazarus is a true story, or just a parable. As it should be obvious that it is a parable (being that a parable is what it is commonly called, implying that a parable means it's not a true story), to some it is not so obvious for some reason...

But to give the benefit of the doubt, I am hoping to see some good, backed-up argumentation from those who think it is a true story. I will say that I have done lengthy research into the matter, from reading numerous arguments to deciphering the greek texts myself. I know most of the arguments regarding the assertion that the rich man and Lazarus are real people in real places, so I am hoping to argue against something original.

Should be fun. Anyone want to bring up a case?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Minister

Default Re: Lazarus and The Rich Man.. A True Story or a Parable?

why do we need to argue? why cant people discusse the word and actually be edified by each other, rather than to cause striff, or conflict?????

pr.20:3 it is an honour for man to cease from striff.....
2tim. 2:24 and the servent of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men....
james 3:18 and the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace...

to go into a situation with a plea to argue could not be further from the teachings of CHRIST........I WOULD RATHER SPOON FEED THE HUNGRY THAN FORCE FEED THE BRILLIANT........

How about trying to lead people to Christ rather than wanting to have "some fun" in an arguementative conflict????? doesnt make much since to me.....i just hope that i can edify others in the spirit...help to lead those to Christ...

may God lead us all, in the name of Christ.....amen

Last edited by RevStevenMRobinson : 12-20-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Minister

Old 12-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevStevenMRobinson View Post
Amen, my Brother!
Old 12-21-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevStevenMRobinson View Post
That's the first non-contradictory thing you said the entire time I had the honor of debating with you

You can spend all the time you like witnessing to people, but everyone is saved whether they know it or not. So I will tell people they are saved from time to time, but no hurry.

I like to debate with numerous Bible people about different Bible topics to tickle the brain. It's good exercise. You should try it sometime.

So I created this thread just for that. If you have a problem with it Mr. Rev, you don't have to pay attention to it. Did you know that there are numerous other threads out there just waiting to quench your thirst for "edification"? This one wasn't designed for "edification," and your point?

So why don't you save your energy and emotions, kindly leave (don't let the cyber door hit you in the rear on the way out!), and go to the "edifying" threads and get "edified."

When you decide you would like a challenge for your Bible knowledge, come on back and we'll have some fun

Regards
Old 12-21-2008, 12:06 PM

And good to see you again my annihalation friend! And did I spell annihalation correctly?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 PM

Dear Sir;it Seems Like You Are The One Who Has A Problem Having "a Ear To Hear What The Spirit Is Saying To The Churches" Who Worship Him In Sprit And Truth Not As The Spirit Of This World Instructs The Many Who Follow Christ In The Broad Ways That Has Filled Many With A Spirit Of Pride Just Like The Rich Young Ruler Who You Might Believe Is Also The Figment Of Someones Imagination But Inspite Of What Your Unbelieving Heart Could Conjure Up The Truth Is That Jesus Was Seen By Many Of His Day As It Is Prophecied In(mark 16/14);"afterward He Appeared Unto The 11 As They Sat At Meat An Upbraided Them With Their Unbelief/hardness Of Heart,because They Believed Not Them Which Had Seen Him After He Was Risen."
The Question Sir Is Have You Seen Him Since You Believed? This Is Not The Time To Be "jesting" Which Only Produce More Ungodly Reasoning Among Men,who As The Book Of Jude 1/10;says"these Speak Evil Of The Things Which They Do Not Understand,but What They Know Naturally(without The Spirit Of God)as Brute Beast In Those Things They Corrupt Themselves".
Therefore They That Have Not The Spirit Of God Cannot Hear From God Therefore Jesus Spoke To Them In Parables What They Knew Naturally(good/evil) And It Is In This Very Thing That Adam/eve Were Decieved By As Well As The Whole Human Race That As We Speak Many Are Without The Knowledge Of God And I Speak This To Your Shame Sir!!!
For You Are As Those Foolish Virgins That Will Say "lord,lord Open To Us And He The Lord Will Say I Know You Not Depart From Me You Workers Of Lawlessness To The Lake Of Fire/brimstone Prepared For Satan/his Angels Who Have Led So Many Into Bondages/burdens That Can Not Be Moved By Human Strength/intellect;this Is A Very Grave Matter Sir One That Will Not Go Unpunished I Truly Hope That You Will Repent Of This Foolishness That You Are Carrying On Before It Goes To Far And Have Someone On This Forum Poking Fun At The Things Of God And Bring A Swift Destruction On Themselve And The Blood Of It On Your Hands!!! Beware.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Minister

may God bless.........but sir, or madame, which ever it may be, i am not debating with you............i do not need the swelling pride that debate brings to feel that i am worth something special on this earth.........i just want others to see that there is a better way then one brought forth by a person that seeks striff, bitterness, and discontent...........
there is a better way........turn to Christ and he will aid you in your search......as for debating the bible........i dont need to debate the bible, God told me what was real...and i dont need to read between the lines to try to find the truth....the word of God has been written in the heart of every man...

GOd bless

Last edited by RevStevenMRobinson : 12-21-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Knight of the Forum

Perhaps not, but we will live with the understanding of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikronman View Post
And good to see you again my annihalation friend! And did I spell annihalation correctly?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Minister

Turning to Christ will save you from certain annihalation....