Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > When is Matt 28:19 going to be fulfilled ???

Old 09-05-2009, 05:14 PM

Default When is Matt 28:19 going to be fulfilled ???

Hi to all , for there is much confusion , on what Baptism signifies, who can be Baptized , and how to immerse , pour or dip !!!

1) In Matt 28:16 , you will notice that the Context is the 11 disciples .

2) The command that they were told to do , First teach all Nations .

3) Teach is the Greek word MATHETEUO , AND MEANS , to disciple , instruct , teach , to be come a pupil .

4) But what are they to be taught ????

5) The 12 Disciples only knew one things that interested them and that is in Acts 1:6 , the restoration of the Nation of Israel , but there are other things also . They , the 12 Apostles could ONLY teach about Moses Law , because that is ALL the knew !! There is NO Christianity HERE !!!

6) And then Baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Spirit.

7) This command was given to the 12 Apostles ONLY and NOT to Gentiles .

8) There is not Apostolic Succession here and can NOT be proven by the word .

9) Do we see any Jews Baptizing Gentiles ????

10) Israel was set aside in Acts 28:28 and Rom 11:11 comfirms that Israel has fallen and that through their fall , salvation has come to the Gentiles and that is WHY you do not see any Jews Baptizing , they have been set aside .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: When is Matt 28:19 going to be fulfilled ???

So am I understanding you to say that you don't believe that the disciples learned anything from Jesus during His time with them? And so they had nothing to teach from Him?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all , for there is much confusion , on what Baptism signifies, who can be Baptized , and how to immerse , pour or dip !!!

1) In Matt 28:16 , you will notice that the Context is the 11 disciples .
http://www.true2ourselves.com/forum/...lies/peace.gif
2) The command that they were told to do , First teach all Nations .

3) Teach is the Greek word MATHETEUO , AND MEANS , to disciple , instruct , teach , to be come a pupil .

4) But what are they to be taught ????

5) The 12 Disciples only knew one things that interested them and that is in Acts 1:6 , the restoration of the Nation of Israel , but there are other things also . They , the 12 Apostles could ONLY teach about Moses Law , because that is ALL the knew !! There is NO Christianity HERE !!!

6) And then Baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Spirit.

7) This command was given to the 12 Apostles ONLY and NOT to Gentiles .

8) There is not Apostolic Succession here and can NOT be proven by the word .

9) Do we see any Jews Baptizing Gentiles ????

10) Israel was set aside in Acts 28:28 and Rom 11:11 comfirms that Israel has fallen and that through their fall , salvation has come to the Gentiles and that is WHY you do not see any Jews Baptizing , they have been set aside .
Dan, the diciples of Jesus christ were the first converts to christianity and they did have the teaching of Jesus himself with were the teachings of the true understanding of the Law of moses. The spiritual understanding. The truth as revealed by Jesus. The baptising in the name of the father,son , and holy spirit means teach them in the teachings of the Father , son and holy spirit. To baptise just means to wash them or cleance their soul in the teachings. John the baptice was baptising and he was a Jew.

I don't get your point again Dan. It was also said it was not for them to know what time the Father has set for the kingdom to be restored to Israel. Jesus's diciples were baptising too. Baptising doesn't mean putting them in water to me but whatever. What are you trying to say here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Dan, the diciples of Jesus christ were the first converts to christianity and they did have the teaching of Jesus himself with were the teachings of the true understanding of the Law of moses. The spiritual understanding. The truth as revealed by Jesus. The baptising in the name of the father,son , and holy spirit means teach them in the teachings of the Father , son and holy spirit. To baptise just means to wash them or cleance their soul in the teachings. John the baptice was baptising and he was a Jew.

I don't get your point again Dan. It was also said it was not for them to know what time the Father has set for the kingdom to be restored to Israel. Jesus's diciples were baptising too. Baptising doesn't mean putting them in water to me but whatever. What are you trying to say here.
Hi colin , I will be as clear as I can .

1) The command to baptize was given to Israel in Matt 28:19 , that is plain to me and in verse 16 , the Context is the 11 disciples .

2) Since they are dead , and Israel has been set aside for over 2000 years , the RCC have said that they are the successors to Peter , ONLY if you believe in Apostolic Seccussion , which I don't .

3) What is referenced in Matt 28:19 is for Israel only , and there are NO Christians in the Gospels and you do not have a verse that says so .

4) In Num 23:9 , better to read the Context in chapter 23 , but Jews are NOT to be reckoned among the Gentiles , so Jews stand alone , from Gentiles !!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi colin , I will be as clear as I can .

1) The command to baptize was given to Israel in Matt 28:19 , that is plain to me and in verse 16 , the Context is the 11 disciples .

2) Since they are dead , and Israel has been set aside for over 2000 years , the RCC have said that they are the successors to Peter , ONLY if you believe in Apostolic Seccussion , which I don't .

3) What is referenced in Matt 28:19 is for Israel only , and there are NO Christians in the Gospels and you do not have a verse that says so .

4) In Num 23:9 , better to read the Context in chapter 23 , but Jews are NOT to be reckoned among the Gentiles , so Jews stand alone , from Gentiles !!!!
Dan , there may be a lot more to what you are saying then meats the eye. I understand the apotholic ministry and I'm supprised to see that even the catholics don't. I can see the new man child being born now and that is from those teachings. I still believe it is not to the Jews of old time . All the old teachings say it will be salvation for all , Jews and gentiles.

To me restoration back to Israel means back to the Spiritual teachings of God. Israel is the land promiced to Abraham and his seed. Gentiles come from that seed too. They where the sons of Abraham not much spoken of . There where sons becides Isack and Ismeal. I think they wher the ones who became the gentiles. Anyway Dan, forgive me for talking to you so bluntly.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Yaright

Dan, you have mentioned several facets which need to be addressed individualy on a first-person basis with our Father in Heaven. But as far as the term 'Christian' is concerned, you are not 100% correct when you say there is no use of the term Christians in the Bible. I used to think the same way. The root of Christian is 'Christ' and the suffix 'ians' means to be followers of, or a people of Christ. When Jesus said "Repent, pick up your cross and follow Me" is to become a people called by God. The Jews who were called first were a nation by God's choosing. These were circumcised in the flesh according to Law. Because many of the Jews saw the means of Law as a source of power because they were Jews; God became angry with them. It's a bit like having someone become married to you because Law said that person had to marry you; More than this is to see that this person who became married to you, loved you only because Law said to love. This very thing was as a stench to God our Father. In Law and Prophecy there is a time spoken of when the Jews were temporarily cut off; Jesus was Sent as the Dawning of a Great Light which came upon the Gentiles who sat in darkness and could not see the hidden things of God. For those who follow in the teaching of Jesus, Law and Prophecy are being fulfilled in them until that work is done in them. This is true of the first disciples, leading up to this present day; By the obedience of faith in Christ, Son of the living God, these things take place in a person's life. You seem to catch the attention of several people, and I must say you sure cause many to consider who we are and why we are that way in God's sight. When Jesus said, "Repent" this is the Baptism of Repentence, but to fulfill all righteousness, it is important as a witness of the things God has done in our lives, that we become baptized by water. The sins of the flesh are brought to focus by this process of being 'raised up in Christ'. This first gift is by water. The second gift is by fire. Both of these elements are found in the function of the Temple of God. One is according to flesh and the second is according to the spirit of a man. This same thing is demonstrated for each of us, that John the Baptist baptized the disciples by water; But as these same disciples followed, Jesus led them through the teachings of Law and Prophecy to the place they were prepared to be Baptized by Fire. The first speaks of the flesh and the second speaks of the spirit of a man.

Last edited by Yaright : 09-15-2009 at 02:25 AM.