Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Visions I've had

Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Visions I've had

I won't lie about a single thing here. I was studdying the bible every day. I'de study then break and pick up my guitar and sing hyms to the Lord. study again and sing again. Every day and every night. When I wasn't working I was studding the bible.Praying praying , and praying. If I wasn't at this I was in one of three Salvation Army churchs at bible studies or up on stage playing and singing hyms. Then it happened. 1 oclock in the morning . I was studding and I felt like a little Kid and started jumping and dancing. Then I sat down and prayed verry serious and said. Lord , I ok now. I have everything I need. I'm happy and my life is great. If I had one wish , I wish I was at the cross when they crusified you and I wish I could look you straight in the eyes and tell you ( IT WORKED ) YOU DID IT.

Then I opened my eyes and there I was. At the cross, Looking into his eyes and he looked at me and he Smilled. Heres the clencher. When I looked at his face I expected to see the Jesus from ( Jesus of nazarath) . Nope. It was my brothers face. The I began to see everyboddy from his eyes and I was looking down at them as he could see, I saw.

Now I couldn't understand why my brothers face so I asked the Lord and this is what he said. If you speak to your brother do you not expect to see your brothers face.

Next vision. Same thing studdying , praying , singing with my guitar.
Now I was ussing the psalms to interpret the bible and every thing David said and as he compared things I would seek out wher something was said in the bible and find out what it meant. I was at psalms 119, half way through and started to pray and then I opened my eyes and I could see myself in a hospital. Then I saw the Lord and he said to me , Colin, You do not need to be here, This place is for the sick. Then I looked into his face and this time it was my doctor. My doctor was about sixty but it was him but he was just a young man here. I knew it was the Lord because I just knew. The he said to me, behold and he pionted at the doors. It was two hugh church doors and then I looked and could see it was a church, not a hospital and the doors opened and as I walked through there was a great field of wheat and some children playing there and as I walked out I began to rise and the children took my hand and more and more came and we all rose into the sky. Then I looked to the west and I could see an ocean and on the shore was fire and people battling with swords and the water was set afire. Then i clossed my eyes and there I was at the bible again. True story..

I don't want to bore you guys but I've had so many visions now. Great visions. This is not to say I'm and better the anyone else. This is just showing you what the lord does and how he apears as differant people in you life and visions and dreams, to relate to this world. I'm no prophet or nothing more then anyone. The Lord is no resepcter of persons. Love the Lord and tell him and study and ask and seek. Tell him what you want to do for him. Crying shows the Lord you are repenting in you heart. You won't even know it but all of a sudden tears will flow and you won't even know why. That is because your heart is changing.

See, I asked some of you and my friend Amadeus , a while back. Have you been having dreams yet or visions. When these thing started happing to me all of a sudden a hold bunch of people started telling me they wher having these dreams and they knew it had something to do with the Lord.

You know what, I wish I could tell you some of them. Really neet dreams. OK, one quick one. My girlfriend then was a salvation army minister and she told me she had this dream the night before. She said she was walking down the sidewalk and she had a baby in her arms naked except for the diper. Then every step she took the baby got bigger and soon it was like a full grown man but still a baby in dipers. I knew what it meant . I never had the heart to tell her but it meant this. The walk was her walk with the lord and the child was the lord but he never matured with her. I was hungry and you never feed me, I was naked but you never clothed me. I thirst and you did not give me to drink. What you do in your walk with the lord, I tell you this, the same you do to the Lord. God gives you his son and what you do to him will be your reward or loss. Add wisdom to the word and you give Jesus water to drink. Bitter wisdom , he will not drink. Add understanding to the word and you feed the word as you yourself are feed. Dress him up in the robe of rightousness and see what the lord does for you.

That girlfriend would kill me if she knew what I told you but that was about 9 years ago. Don't even know her know. She was a really nice person too. Darn, I feel like I judged her. Sorry Lord.

Last edited by colin : 09-02-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Redeemed

Default Re: Visions I've had

Very cool! I love that: "If you speak to your brother, do you not expect to see your brother's face?" Sounds exactly like what He would say!

The second vision you related: Was the hospital like the earth (sick) and then you left with (God's) children (the rapture), looking down upon war and destruction? The wheat field--what was the symbolism there? Sifting?

Wow! I've had dreams and I've "heard" things just as I'm awakening, but never visions while I'm awake. You know, according to the bible, I think we'll see more of this type of thing as the end draws near. He's speaking more directly to His children, perhaps, preparing them, emboldening their faith.

I break out in "goose bumps" when I hear things like this. I call them "Holy Spirit" bumps. So cool. And so encouraging in our faith.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Knight of the Forum

Yes, Colin, we are having dreams and visions. We are hearing words from God. We may be timid in speaking of them, but we are receiving, we are hearing, we are seeing, and we are growing. Travel on, brother: we are walking as one. Peggy
Old 09-03-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
Yes, Colin, we are having dreams and visions. We are hearing words from God. We may be timid in speaking of them, but we are receiving, we are hearing, we are seeing, and we are growing. Travel on, brother: we are walking as one. Peggy
Sometimes its not being timid Peggy, sometimes its discernment in action to keep from hurting others when the hurt is not God's Will. Until we know for a fact what a vision/dream means (symbolism can help us see things that may be valid, but I have seen this fail to be accurate on many occasions), sharing our interpretation can cause hurt to others. I have had so many dreams with spiritual meaning that I have lost count a long time ago. I usually try logic/symbolism/comparison/deduction, etc to understand them and sometimes that helps see it through a glass darkly, but when a significant portion of the dream happens, then it hits me from the Lord as "Truth". This truth has often been different from the deductions I made from logic/symbolism/comparison/deduction, etc. This is ultimately man's knowledge and can certainly point the general way often, but only God can give us true meaning. I recently had a dream about this site, and I felt the Lord didnt want me to post it for public viewing, but when the truth of it came to me, I still only private messaged those whom it might edify or teach per the direction of the Lord. It can still hurt some whom the Lord doesnt want hurt now.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
Sometimes its not being timid Peggy, sometimes its discernment in action to keep from hurting others when the hurt is not God's Will. Until we know for a fact what a vision/dream means (symbolism can help us see things that may be valid, but I have seen this fail to be accurate on many occasions), sharing our interpretation can cause hurt to others. I have had so many dreams with spiritual meaning that I have lost count a long time ago. I usually try logic/symbolism/comparison/deduction, etc to understand them and sometimes that helps see it through a glass darkly, but when a significant portion of the dream happens, then it hits me from the Lord as "Truth". This truth has often been different from the deductions I made from logic/symbolism/comparison/deduction, etc. This is ultimately man's knowledge and can certainly point the general way often, but only God can give us true meaning. I recently had a dream about this site, and I felt the Lord didnt want me to post it for public viewing, but when the truth of it came to me, I still only private messaged those whom it might edify or teach per the direction of the Lord. It can still hurt some whom the Lord doesnt want hurt now.
Certainly, Soulheart, I understand that. I'm sorry I implied that was the only reason to hold back on speaking of our dreams/visions/words. There are times that God has clearly said to me not to share what He has shown me. We must always be mindful of the reason He has given us such a great insight into His works and to do with it as He directs us. Otherwise, our pride bespoils the very gift He has given us. Anything of this sort we receive from God must be discerned for it's truth, meaning, and purpose and we must go as God leads us with it. Not all messages are for the body as a whole, but specific to a person/people. You were wise in your treatment of things; may we all be when faced with the same choices.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:05 AM

Not all that say Lord,Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven!
For you see(visions/dreams)your calling brethren,how that not many wise men after the flesh,not many mighty and not many noble are called!
Spiritual awakenings are not going to get many to see the coming of Christ in the clouds as it was prophesied of Him.
Jacobs vision came as a result of tribulation/the Apostle Paul in Acts also had the same recourse,so it is likely that if you aren't experincing diffulculty in spiritual matters then you may not be having true visions,but are puffed up with knowledge as the Pharisees were in imagining that they had saw the coming of christ in later times.
therefore those that are not having oppostion in what someone is saying is not of God/what is of God are the ones that God is not speaking with in the 1st place!
It is often diffulcult for those who have been enlighten to give those that are still in religion an teaching it to accept Christ in His poverty state where much of His Prophecys/Visions appeared and not while he was reclined in a good postion as many in society and modern christianity are!!!

Last edited by erinblanco : 09-03-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Prayer Warrior & Knight

Thanks for sharing Colin!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
Not all that say Lord,Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven!
For you see(visions/dreams)your calling brethren,how that not many wise men after the flesh,not many mighty and not many noble are called!
Spiritual awakenings are not going to get many to see the coming of Christ in the clouds as it was prophesied of Him.
Jacobs vision came as a result of tribulation/the Apostle Paul in Acts also had the same recourse,so it is likely that if you aren't experincing diffulculty in spiritual matters then you may not be having true visions,but are puffed up with knowledge as the Pharisees were in imagining that they had saw the coming of christ in later times.
therefore those that are not having oppostion in what someone is saying is not of God/what is of God are the ones that God is not speaking with in the 1st place!
It is often diffulcult for those who have been enlighten to give those that are still in religion an teaching it to accept Christ in His poverty state where much of His Prophecys/Visions appeared and not while he was reclined in a good postion as many in society and modern christianity are!!!
So Erin, are you saying sinse no one is opposing me in my dreams, that I am puffed up with knowledge like a pharisee? Or are you talking to Colin?
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Knight of the Forum

Thank you for sharing this Colin. Maybe some who used to scoff will begin to understand a little. I know that we cannot change the world of men because they form their own hearts by the way they live, by the way they do, or do not serve God.

My visions are not like yours my brother, but then each of who serves God is any measure is a different person with different functions to perform in and for the Body of Christ. We all need to learn to do what He wants us to do! Glory to His name!

John,
Old 09-03-2009, 01:57 PM

I really don't see what you are advocating in this matter sir,but I will say that those that commend themselves and compare themselves as are not wise,in regard to what they are trying to appear as!
I really don't have any evidence that I can point at you or Colin in this matter,for what is truly your ambition in this statement that you are making to me to address sir?