Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > What does it mean to be " IN CHRIST "

Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Default What does it mean to be " IN CHRIST "

Hi to all , and what does it mean to be " in Christ "

1) Paul is the one who develops , what it means to be " in Christ" , with at least , more than 30 times in his letters.

2) Yet here in Rom 16:7 , Paul says , who were in Christ before me .

3) Then in Gal 1:22 , he says that the Assemblies in Judaea which were in Christ , before even Paul wrote his letters, and how can this be ?

4) Check Eph 1:1 and Phil 1:1 , we are in Christ and it is different from the Rom 16:7 and Gal 1:22 passage ,.

5) Is there a difference ????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: What does it mean to be " IN CHRIST "

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
I read these verses and to me they shed some light on what it means to be in Christ.Me thinks it is a call away from our indepedence of Christ and our pride.
Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

That word WAIT there means to intwine....to be wraped up in. An act of the will to move in concert with the God of all creation.
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
preachergirl

Good Word DHS...as always. If we are "in him" the fruit of "his" Spirit will be we...like grapes on the vine.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Knight of the Forum

Come on Dan. You are just kidding right. As he is in you , you are in him.

Last edited by colin : 10-22-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 PM

that "I may be found IN HIM, not having a righteousness which is my own, but that which is through the faith of Christ." Philippians 3
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
preachergirl

Key truth....A "Righteousness" that is not my own...amen.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by davvvyc View Post
that "I may be found IN HIM, not having a righteousness which is my own, but that which is through the faith of Christ." Philippians 3
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all , and what does it mean to be " in Christ "

1) Paul is the one who develops , what it means to be " in Christ" , with at least , more than 30 times in his letters.

2) Yet here in Rom 16:7 , Paul says , who were in Christ before me .

3) Then in Gal 1:22 , he says that the Assemblies in Judaea which were in Christ , before even Paul wrote his letters, and how can this be ?

4) Check Eph 1:1 and Phil 1:1 , we are in Christ and it is different from the Rom 16:7 and Gal 1:22 passage ,.

5) Is there a difference ????
Ephesians 1:1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, to the saints who are in Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 1:1Paul and Timotheus, servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with overseers and ministrants;

Romans 16:7 salute Andronicus and Junias, my kindred, and my fellow-captives, who are of note among the apostles, who also have been in Christ before me.

Galatians 1:21 &22 then I came to the regions of Syria and of Cilicia, and was unknown by face to the assemblies of Judea, that [are] in Christ,

Dan, Paul is simply acknowledging folks who were Christians before he was and were parts of churches that existed before he converted. The churches at Antioch and Jerusalem are examples of ones that predate Paul. As doinghiswill points out, Jesus planted the idea that we are "in" Him, Paul simply expanded the idea in his teachings. Is this where you were seeing a contradiction?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Seeker100

In Christ is a spiritual state where man is in union with God. It is where man takes his place and joins into the interaction of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Man in this state becomes his true self and does the work of God that he was made to do.

In this union man follows God in his heart. He feels the joy of God and does what God commands him to do. In this state man is in love with God. In loving God man receives God and the joy of God in his heart. Man being in love with God wants to do things for God out of joy.

In doing things for God man sees Jesus in all people and serves Jesus there. Man does things for and to Jesus in each person he meets.

This is being in Christ. This is being alive.