Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The seven Spirits

Old 08-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default The seven Spirits

I'm sure everybody knows there are seven Spirits sent out and they are the Spirits of God or angles. Like when the seven where sent out in the book of acts ans Steven had the face of an Angle. Spirits go out to people in the teachings so they go out from the mouth and enter in as understandings or enter into your heart . To be filled with the holy Spirit is to be filled with the teachings of the Holy Spirit. The seven are not the holy Spirit. They start out as Angles and that means spirits of God and their purpose is to try men when they are in their beginning as childen first born again. They put you through the works of men but as time goes on people start to sin so they start teaching in darkness or without understanding because the Spirit of Sleep falls on men that try to put people in bondage for their own purposes. Then when they are in error the Spirits that come out of people speeking are the spirits of error or the evil Spirits. Well dark Spirits.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:13 PM
preachergirl

Default Re: The seven Spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
I'm sure everybody knows there are seven Spirits sent out and they are the Spirits of God or angles. Like when the seven where sent out in the book of acts ans Steven had the face of an Angle. Spirits go out to people in the teachings so they go out from the mouth and enter in as understandings or enter into your heart . To be filled with the holy Spirit is to be filled with the teachings of the Holy Spirit. The seven are not the holy Spirit. They start out as Angles and that means spirits of God and their purpose is to try men when they are in their beginning as childen first born again. They put you through the works of men but as time goes on people start to sin so they start teaching in darkness or without understanding because the Spirit of Sleep falls on men that try to put people in bondage for their own purposes. Then when they are in error the Spirits that come out of people speeking are the spirits of error or the evil Spirits. Well dark Spirits.
Oh boy, this has to be your best one yet! So, the 7 Spirits of God go out to try new believers? Never heard of it. And then because men sin they start working in darkness? I thought there was no darkness at all in God? The spirit of sleep? Where in the bible did you ever come up with this? And then we have as a result of the 7 spirits of God evil spirits coming out of people? Hmmm. That just don't jive...I don't think anyone in the light is going to believe that God's Spirits contribute to evil spirits or cause them...that sorta borders on blasphemy doesn't it? Are you sure you are not smoking something over there?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Redeemed

Preachergirl~ I Laughed Out Loud at your reply. Hah!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
Oh boy, this has to be your best one yet! So, the 7 Spirits of God go out to try new believers? Never heard of it. And then because men sin they start working in darkness? I thought there was no darkness at all in God? The spirit of sleep? Where in the bible did you ever come up with this? And then we have as a result of the 7 spirits of God evil spirits coming out of people? Hmmm. That just don't jive...I don't think anyone in the light is going to believe that God's Spirits contribute to evil spirits or cause them...that sorta borders on blasphemy doesn't it? Are you sure you are not smoking something over there?
hahahaha. Come on preacher. didn't you read where Jesus said if a man leaves his house and it is cleaned and the seven spirits return because it is cleaned and the condition of the man is worst at the last. Don't you know there are seven holy Angels. I'm still laughing now preacher.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM

In regard to what you are saying Colin,don't these spirit's teach us the ways of God to form Christ in our hearts through our obidence to submit to Gods Will,for us to live godly after Christ?If so then why would a believer choose to live in willful disobidence and insult the Spirits grace given to them to recieve of Him,who is the fulfillment of ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN TO THE GODHEAD?
If any of you have time,please look at Colossians 2/5-9;For in it I see what Colin is saying,yet also again we see where Grace has abound in our hearts to keep the commandment's of God to ordain Christ in our life/livelihood as HOLY!
I believe that if we keep what Galatians 6/12-16(read);is saying we will not faint at the sight of those things that as Christ pointed out in Matthew 24/8-12(read);will rule over those that have a form of the Holy Ghost,but not the authentic divine nature that it is to produce,which is the works of Christ!
Also in Luke 2/9-15(read)This is where in the prophetic scene of where many are at today in Christ who have recieved of the Lord,but are in fear as to what these things mean that are to appear to them and those that they minister too.
You can also look at Zacharias in Luke 1/12;for the same thing over came him as well and also a judgement that was prophesied to him from the ANGEL OF THE LORDS PRESENCE,that was bearing this burden for Elisabeth,who Zacharias belittled and doubted!
This can be very dangerous for those that do not walk HOLY BEFORE THE LORD WITH THE GRACE/MERCY,that is to perfect us as AMBASSADORS FOR CHRIST,just as the sheppards were and Zacharias once he repented of his evil,that bought about the judgement of what Galatians 6/8-12(read)speaks to us as well!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

Kim, perhaps this would help a bit in regards to Colins' thoughts here. Footnotes from the American Standard Bible on Luke 11:

5. That there was a vast difference between the devil's going out by compact and his being cast out by compulsion. Those out of whom Christ cast him he never entered into again, for so was Christ's charge (Mk. 9:25); whereas, if he had gone out, whenever he saw fit he would have made a re-entry, for that is the way of the unclean spirit, when he voluntarily and with design goes out of a man, v. 24-26. The prince of the devils may give leave, nay, may give order, to his forces to retreat, or make a feint, to draw the poor deluded soul into an ambush; but Christ, as he gives a total, so he gives a final, defeat to the enemy. In this part of the argument he has a further intention, which is to represent the state of those who have had fair offers made them,-among whom, and in whom, God has begun to break the devil's power and overthrow his kingdom,-but they reject his counsel against themselves, and relapse into a state of subjection to Satan. Here we have,
(1.) The condition of a formal hypocrite, his bright side and his dark side. His heart still remains the devil's house; he calls it his own, and he retains his interest in it; and yet, [1.] The unclean spirit is gone out. He was not driven out by the power of converting grace; there was none of that violence which the kingdom of heaven suffers; but he went out, withdrew for a time, so that the man seemed not to be under the power of Satan as formerly, nor so followed with his temptations. Satan is gone, or has turned himself into an angel of light. [2.] The house is swept from common pollutions, by a forced confession of sin, as Pharaoh's-a feigned contrition for it, as Ahab's,-and a partial reformation, as Herod's. There are those that have escaped the pollutions of the world, and yet are still under the power of the god of this world, 2 Pt. 2:20. The house is swept, but it is not washed; and Christ hath said, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me; the house must be washed, or it is none of his. Sweeping takes off only the loose dirt, while the sin that besets the sinner, the beloved sin, is untouched. It is swept from the filth that lies open to the eye of the world, but it is not searched and ransacked for secret filthiness, Mt. 23:25. It is swept, but the leprosy is in the wall, and will be till something more be done. [3.] The house is garnished with common gifts and graces. It is not furnished with any true grace, but garnished with the pictures of all graces. Simon Magus was garnished with faith, Balaam with good desires, Herod with a respect for John, the Pharisees with many external performances. It is garnished, but it is like a potsherd covered with silver dross, it is all paint and varnish, not real, not lasting. The house is garnished, but the property is not altered; it was never surrendered to Christ, nor inhabited by the Spirit. Let us therefore take heed of resting in that which a man may have and yet come short.

(2.) Here is the condition of a final apostate, into whom the devil returns after he had gone out: Then goes he, and takes seven other spirits more wicked than himself (v. 26); a certain number for an uncertain, as seven devils are said to be cast out of Mary Magdalene. Seven wicked spirits are opposed to the seven spirits of God, Rev. 3:1. These are said to be more wicked than himself. It seems, even devils are not all alike wicked; probably, the degrees of their wickedness, now that they are fallen, are as the degrees of their holiness were while they stood. When the devil would do mischief most effectually, he employs those that are more mischievous than himself. These enter in without any difficulty or opposition; they are welcomed, and they dwell there; there they work, there they rule; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Note, [1.] Hypocrisy is the high road to apostasy. If the heart remains in the interest of sin and Satan, the shows and shadows will come to nothing; those that have not set that right will not long be stedfast. Where secret haunts of sin are kept up, under the cloak of a visible profession, conscience is debauched, God is provoked to withdraw his restraining grace, and the close hypocrite commonly proves an open apostate, [2.] The last state of such is worse than the first, in respect both of sin and punishment. Apostates are usually the worst of men, the most vain and profligate, the most bold and daring; their consciences are seared, and their sins of all others the most aggravated. God often sets marks of his displeasure upon them in this world, and in the other world they will receive the greater damnation. Let us therefore hear, and fear, and hold fast our integrity.

There are different teachings on the 7 Spirits of God: some based on the Book of Enoch and this gives each a personal name and mission to accomplish, then others say the the 7 spirits are attributes of God (wisdom, understanding...) from Isaiah 11:1-6 . There is also a teaching that there are 7 evil spirits that stand opposed to the 7 Spirits/Angels of God. Anyways, it seems to me that Colin is saying that unless the new believer is filled with the Spirit of God, the empty spaces in him can be refilled by evil spirits and it is of this evil abundance then that the person teaches.

But I could be wrong here.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
preachergirl

Originally Posted by colin

I am aware of the evil spirits that are even worse than the former, that return to the swept house.....but why begin with God's own 7 Spirits...who then he says are Not the Holy Spirit...so that now as a result we have evil spirits....from God's spirit going out? It's a big stew of mixed ideas.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:40 PM

I am not going to express an opinion about this except to say that in all cases the seven Spirits are integral parts of Christ. I will contribute the following:

Re 4:2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.
Re 4:3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.
Re 4:4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads.
Re 4:5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Isa 11:1 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.
Isa 11:3 His delight is in the fear of the Lord, And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;

From 11:2 we have:

Spirit of the Lord
Spirit of wisdom
Spirit of understanding
Spirit of counsel
Spirit of might
Spirit of knowledge
Spirit of the fear of the Lord.

Re 1:4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,

Re 3:1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

Re 5:6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Knight of the Forum

I know what you guys are thinking but what I'm saying is that these Spirits are there to try man . When people first come to church and repent of their own life before church they have to be tried by the spirits and overcome them to move up closer to God. Like the clay in the potters hands and the clay must be tried by fire to prove it's integrity. Man has to be tried by adverce teachings to prove his integrity and God makes his ministers, ministers of fire , so to speek . Then people that don't overcome are temped and then they fall asleep and thats when error begins. The spirits are not the same then. Its like saying the spirit of wisdom is not wise. No. if you lose the wisdom the spirit is no more and they it is the spirit of confusion. And also , I didn't get the understanding of this from Enoch. With all these Spirits there is also the Spirit of Sleep and there is ( of cource) the holy Spirit. Everything has its counter part.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
In regard to what you are saying Colin,don't these spirit's teach us the ways of God to form Christ in our hearts through our obidence to submit to Gods Will,for us to live godly after Christ?If so then why would a believer choose to live in willful disobidence and insult the Spirits grace given to them to recieve of Him,who is the fulfillment of ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN TO THE GODHEAD?
If any of you have time,please look at Colossians 2/5-9;For in it I see what Colin is saying,yet also again we see where Grace has abound in our hearts to keep the commandment's of God to ordain Christ in our life/livelihood as HOLY!
I believe that if we keep what Galatians 6/12-16(read);is saying we will not faint at the sight of those things that as Christ pointed out in Matthew 24/8-12(read);will rule over those that have a form of the Holy Ghost,but not the authentic divine nature that it is to produce,which is the works of Christ!
Also in Luke 2/9-15(read)This is where in the prophetic scene of where many are at today in Christ who have recieved of the Lord,but are in fear as to what these things mean that are to appear to them and those that they minister too.
You can also look at Zacharias in Luke 1/12;for the same thing over came him as well and also a judgement that was prophesied to him from the ANGEL OF THE LORDS PRESENCE,that was bearing this burden for Elisabeth,who Zacharias belittled and doubted!
This can be very dangerous for those that do not walk HOLY BEFORE THE LORD WITH THE GRACE/MERCY,that is to perfect us as AMBASSADORS FOR CHRIST,just as the sheppards were and Zacharias once he repented of his evil,that bought about the judgement of what Galatians 6/8-12(read)speaks to us as well!
I have no problem with what you are saying at all Erin. People don't usually choose to walk in disobedience. People are being disoplened first and that is what it is to be a disiple of Jesus. The God head is not the body. The God head is from the Spirit or from the holy Spirit and it is the functions of the head of the body and those are like eyes to see and ears to hear and then with the head you get the nose to breath God's Spirit into you and the learn to praise God with the tongue from understanding and wisdom has to be part of you thinking too. So then , now you have said that I believe the seven Spirits are of the God head. I know the seven functions of the body and they are the same but I allway thought heart and hands are part but that just means teachings and believes. teachings to council and mind to believe. Love you brother.