Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > the rooftop

Old 08-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default the rooftop

Peter had people comming into his house through the rooftop when Jesus was there. I'll tell you what it means. When people belong to a church, the building is the house but when people belong to that church become worried they are in error and aflicted with darkness they worry and stay away. That is like they go to the rooftop. They are still part of the church but stay above it when it is in error. Then when the Lord was there people on the rooftop enter to be healed of their aflictions. A church in darkness is also likened unto as a cave or tumb.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: the rooftop

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Peter had people coming into his house through the rooftop when Jesus was there. I'll tell you what it means. When people belong to a church, the building is the house but when people belong to that church become worried they are in error and aflicted with darkness they worry and stay away. That is like they go to the rooftop. They are still part of the church but stay above it when it is in error. Then when the Lord was there people on the rooftop enter to be healed of their aflictions. A church in darkness is also likened unto as a cave or tomb.
Some people want to stay on the outside of God's Kingdom. Some people are unwilling to lower themselves to the bottom.

We must always start at the bottom. We will never be lifted up by God, if we are not always willing to start back at the highest place we know that have earned, which the lowest place.

John,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:57 PM
preachergirl

The house was so full that they chose to lower the man in through the roof...into the house to get him to Jesus...they were looking for a way in...not out
Old 08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Some people want to stay on the outside of God's Kingdom. Some people are unwilling to lower themselves to the bottom.

We must always start at the bottom. We will never be lifted up by God, if we are not always willing to start back at the highest place we know that have earned, which the lowest place.

John,
john, i mean they think the church is in error so they stop going but when the lord comes to that church the go back in. while they are still part of the church and won't enter they are on the rooftop or above the thinking of the church.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:02 PM
preachergirl

Yes, but how does this relate Colin since these people were trying to get in the house (church) and not out? How do you connect your meaning to the scripture context? Seriously.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
john, i mean they think the church is in error so they stop going but when the lord comes to that church the go back in. while they are still part of the church and won't enter they are on the rooftop or above the thinking of the church.
Colin, even if a church group is in substantial error in much of what they teach, they may still have something for someone who has nothing of God except a desire to have more. One of the main reasons I am not anti-Catholic, even though I disagree with many of their ways, is that I grew up as a Catholic and they taught me to love God. It is not the right place for me now, but it was the right place for me when I was there. We are not all on the same page at the same time.

Sometimes we must come out or stay out of a place [church group] because it is not our place to meet with or to stay with God, but for another person, God knows... Sometimes, a person needs to go in for reasons known only to God.

John,
Old 08-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
Yes, but how does this relate Colin since these people were trying to get in the house (church) and not out? How do you connect your meaning to the scripture context? Seriously.
haven't you ever wondered what Jesus meant when he said at the end there will be two on the rooftop and one will be taken and one remain
Old 08-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Colin, even if a church group is in substantial error in much of what they teach, they may still have something for someone who has nothing of God except a desire to have more. One of the main reasons I am not anti-Catholic, even though I disagree with many of their ways, is that I grew up as a Catholic and they taught me to love God. It is not the right place for me now, but it was the right place for me when I was there. We are not all on the same page at the same time.

Sometimes we must come out or stay out of a place [church group] because it is not our place to meet with or to stay with God, but for another person, God knows... Sometimes, a person needs to go in for reasons known only to God.

John,
John, not picking on the catholics but I've had lots of friends that where and left because of the marriage thing or divorce. They would say to me their husbands where bad or wives etc and the church would not let them divorce so they left. I used to say , that allright you're on the rooftop.( above their thinking). Now days I don't mind them like then because from them came some really great men of God. They made some errors but stuck to thier beliefs and still do. I hate the magic tricks in the churchs now days and know tunes of errors made in all the churchs. I know this John. When we go and are baptised into the death of Jesus it is so man can rise with him at the last day. The covenant with man was broken from adam and God promiced us rest if we stick with Jesus tell the end. This does not mean that if Jesus raises us we should stay as spiritually dead people. If we see error we should try explain to the church so they are on the rooftop them selves so to speak.
Well, take them out of darkness along with us so we can go back in from the rooftop and people that left the church because they did not believe their doctrine can have it explained to them and rejoin the church they left.

Last edited by colin : 08-09-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
preachergirl

Quote:
haven't you ever wondered what Jesus meant when he said at the end there will be two on the rooftop and one will be taken and one remain
I'm aware of that, but it's not related...the two in the feild is referring to being prepared for the Lord at the end, and the housetop episode is about faith that found a way to get to Jesus in the full house of people...these 2 stories do not cross reference...so I don't know how you get the meaning about rising above the church when they were trying to get the paralyzed man down into the house where Jesus was...
Old 08-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
I'm aware of that, but it's not related...the two in the feild is referring to being prepared for the Lord at the end, and the housetop episode is about faith that found a way to get to Jesus in the full house of people...these 2 stories do not cross reference...so I don't know how you get the meaning about rising above the church when they were trying to get the paralyzed man down into the house where Jesus was...
Don't you see that those people where paralized or aflicted but still would not go into the church to be healed . Then when Jesus came into the pitcher they went back in to be healed. This is related to the last days because it tell us what is meant by the frase rooftop. Do you seriously believe there where a bunch of men on peters roof. hahahah. Wher is your faith. Don't be mad now preachergirl, I love you.