Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > To God be the Glory

Old 07-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default To God be the Glory

I have a slightly differant understanding on giving God the glory or even Jesus. I know your thoughts on this and most people say just that , glory to God but to me to give God the glory( father and son ) means to raise the word. If it is as I say and the word is written with the understanding of man but interpreted to be the understanding of God , then it is that when we raise our understanding of the word , that we then are giving God the glory. But if we preach and worship the understanding of man and us being man , we then glorifying ourselves.
Before Jesus was crusified he said I am being betrayed and now ,son of man is glorified. No one wants to betray Jesus. So how then can this be. Well Jesus knew he had to be raised up to be glorified and at that point his teachings are no longer of the flesh. There is the time when it is said that the Holy Spirit had not be given yet as Jesus had not been glorified.
With Moses it is that if we raise the snake it cannot harm you and his ministry on the grown or in earthly understanding is the snake and he showes us that with the Egyptians but if you take it by the tail and raise it up it is a staff of Life to lead God's people. God is no Snake, it is the understanding of man without spirit that is the snake but raise it up and there is life.
My friends , we are not betraying Jesus if we raise him up. He is the new testament and when he is raised up the Holy Spirit comes to us in our understanding and then we are Giving God the Glory. Not saying give God the glory but actually giving God the glory. Then our bondage is over. Paul uses the word bond or free and he means people in bondage or people set free from the sinful nature.
The Lord is comming to us here because we are doing our verry best to raise Jesus and give him the glory and that is when we hear Jesus say the good news , you bondage of captivity is over now. My friends, raise him with me and lets give God the glory together. Not just saying to God be the glory but with all our hearts , Giving God The Glory. Amen

Last edited by colin : 07-29-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Heneni

Default Re: To God be the Glory

I think that we cannot take away or add to gods glory but we can reflect it in ever increasing measures.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!