Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Why Baptism is NOT IMPORTANT !!!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM

Default Why Baptism is NOT IMPORTANT !!!

Hi to all , and I see many threads that say baptism is important , wrong or right ???

1) Matt 28:19 reads , Go therefore , and teach all Nations .

2) Nations is the Greek word for Gentlies ( ETHNOS ) Strong's

3) This was a command given to Jews ONLY, and not given to Gentiles , and the Context demands it !!!!

4) The 12 Apostles Never did perform this baptism in anyway shape or form !!

5) Israel was set aside in Acts 28:28 and is also recorded in Rom 11 .

6) Is Israel doing any baptizing in connection with Matt 28:19 today ??? NO!!!!!!

7) So when will this Baptism be performed ????

8) Anyone doing Baptism today is doing it contrary to scripture !!!!

9) This Baptizing will be performed during the first part of the 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation by the 144,000 Jews in the Revelation 7 .

10) Numbers 23:9 , says that Jews are NOT to be reckoned among the Gentiles .

11) Does the word Baptism always mean water ???

12) The answer is NO !!!!!

13) The majority of time it is DRY .

14) And here are some of the DRY ones ;
#1, Acts 2:38
#2, Acts 19:6
#3, 1 Cor 1:17
#4, 1 Cor 12:13
#5, 1 Cor 10:2
#6, 1 Cor 15:29
And I will probably find more .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:31 PM
preachergirl

Default Re: Why Baptism is NOT IMPORTANT !!!

Anyone doing Baptism today is doing it contrary to scripture !!!!

What a bold judgment. Do you really feel secure in making such a bold one as this? Weren't Jesus disciples baptizing more than John so that John's disciples were getting anxious about it, and then John told them he must decrease and Christ must increase in response?

I knew the distinct presence of God when I was baptized...the same one that I knew when I was saved...ofcourse testimony likley means nothing to some, but yet God says often that we have a witness inside us...not of the world or of even the letter but His Spirit...so I am sure in the very least that God was with me and did not disapprove.

I doubt that the scripture says anywhere that water baptism is contrary to scripture. It had great meaning to me and does to many, so that alone makes it important to these people. I see no good point in this.

Only opinion, not attack.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all , and I see many threads that say baptism is important , wrong or right ???

3) This was a command given to Jews ONLY, and not given to Gentiles , and the Context demands it !!!!

6) Is Israel doing any baptizing in connection with Matt 28:19 today ??? NO!!!!!!

9) This Baptizing will be performed during the first part of the 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation by the 144,000 Jews in the Revelation 7 .

Dan, the baptising of people in tubs of water or pouring water on their heads is just foolishness. When you teach them the bible they are being baptised in all things. In the bible you can find the river of Joprdan and the baptism of John, you can find the father ,son and holy Spirit there, the gospel of Jesus , the gospel of peace. When you teach someone something you baptise them in that thing and if the teaching belong to Jesus , it is him you are baptising them in.You can baptise people with fire as you teach them adverce teaching from what they understand. Then God can give them fire to baptise them in witch are differant again. Every baptism in the bible is in the bible.

As for the 144000, means more then you think.

Last edited by colin : 07-23-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:08 AM

This is a dangerous false teaching because Jesus made it very clear that unless His followers received two different types of baptisms,water and Holy Spirit ,they will be sent to hell.

John 3:3-7 (King James Version)

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of WATER and of the SPIRIT, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Since we have now stumbled deep into the age of church apostasy,false and even satanic teachings will start to become more of the norm.

The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:55 AM
LewisM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
the baptising of people in tubs of water or pouring water on their heads is just foolishness.
Statements like these are foolishness and teach AGAINST the Christian belief which is in violation of forum rule... 8. This is a Christian site that promotes Christian beliefs. Actively promoting other belief systems is not allowed. Furthermore, belittling the faith of our community in any way will not be tolerated.

If all else fails see Dr. Franks post...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM
LewisM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post

Dan I will post the same here as I did in Colin's post...

Statements like these teach AGAINST the Christian belief which is in violation of forum rule... 8. This is a Christian site that promotes Christian beliefs. Actively promoting other belief systems is not allowed. Furthermore, belittling the faith of our community in any way will not be tolerated.

If all else fails see Dr. Franks post...

~Faithfully in Christ~
Old 07-24-2009, 12:28 PM
preachergirl

I was thinking yesterday about something aside from this post. How when Jesus did rebuke at times even his own disciples when they at times perceived the natural and thus denying the divinity of Christ, such as when they wanted to protect him from the Jews, he never did flinch from his love for them...unlike humans, he never takes sides with any flesh, but his love remains constant, and right inside of his rebuke.

We have to be careful if at any time God pulls a splinter out of another eye that we don't end up with a log in ours....the point of His Truth is Love...and to miss that is to miss him. Amen? This is a word of encouragement to me as well as anyone, amen.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrank View Post
This is a dangerous false teaching because Jesus made it very clear that unless His followers received two different types of baptisms,water and Holy Spirit ,they will be sent to hell.

John 3:3-7 (King James Version)

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of WATER and of the SPIRIT, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Since we have now stumbled deep into the age of church apostasy,false and even satanic teachings will start to become more of the norm.
Hi to all , if my post is read carefully , I BELIEVE in Baptism , just not in the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

2) I believe that Matt 28:19 will be exercised during the Tribulation period and what is Dangerous about that and what does ANYONE call it False teaching will just have to prove it from scripture and NOT just make Accusations .

3) You say that there are 2 baptisms and is that Dangerous , because in Eph 4:5 , it says that there is ONLY ONE BAPTISM !!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:47 PM

To my knowledge no new revelations have come forth which would negate the foundational doctrine of baptism. Baptism has been one of the six foundational doctrines found in Hebrew's chapter 6 since the very beginning.

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

There is no righteous reason to change this practice. Even Christ submitted to baptism.

Mt 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mt 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mt 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

I find, in my present understanding, no basis for a challenge to the practice of baptism.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Knight of the Forum

I used to believe that baptism was just a act we did cause our Lord done it.and was not a part of salvation,

but after CC posted some scripture for reading on the matter, To me it is very much a part of salvation.

in several scriptures they are talking about baptism in water. now I also believe in the sinners prayer.Romans;10:9,

I also believe in the baptism in the Holy spirit.
so baptism to me is very improtant to me.

For me to say myself that Baptism is not important is a no, no, If our Lord done it then we should, if Our Lord said that we would be baptisized in the Holy spirit, then we should.

thats just me.....Dewayne