True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Now get up and walk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default Now get up and walk

When the man was begging at the temple gates and could not stand Peter said to him. Silver aor Gold I cannot give you but what I have i give you. Now get up and walk. Jesus said to the man who could not walk ,pick up your mantle and walk. Paul said roll up you old understanding as a mantle . When Peter said what i have i give you. He did give him something in the name of Jesus christ. He gave him understanding. The gates are the gates of learning and people are like beggers at those gates sometimes You can go to church and still be at the gates of the temple. What I have I give you too but it is not by my power anyman can walk , it is by the power of Jesus you can be made strong.

Last edited by colin : 07-20-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Amadeus's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,171
Default Re: Now get up and walk

First we are carried, and then we crawl or scoot, and finally we walk, unless something has interfered with the process... such as the wrong food! Garbage in equals garbage out!

"...Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt 4:4

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world." John 6:32-33
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 PM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Now get up and walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
First we are carried, and then we crawl or scoot, and finally we walk, unless something has interfered with the process... such as the wrong food! Garbage in equals garbage out!

"...Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt 4:4

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world." John 6:32-33
Moses gave them the bread of affliction but it is God that gives us the bread of understanding. Jesus is that bread that comes to us. Not the man , the word of God himself. Praise God John, Praise God. Amen
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Ray83plus's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 114
Default Re: Now get up and walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
When the man was begging at the temple gates and could not stand Peter said to him. Silver aor Gold I cannot give you but what I have i give you. Now get up and walk. Jesus said to the man who could not walk ,pick up your mantle and walk. Paul said roll up you old understanding as a mantle . When Peter said what i have i give you. He did give him something in the name of Jesus christ. He gave him understanding. The gates are the gates of learning and people are like beggers at those gates sometimes You can go to church and still be at the gates of the temple. What I have I give you too but it is not by my power anyman can walk , it is by the power of Jesus you can be made strong.
I agree it sounds wonderful, but be honest, have you personally ever seen a paraplegic get up out of a wheelchair and walk after being prayed for?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2009, 06:46 AM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Now get up and walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray83plus View Post
I agree it sounds wonderful, but be honest, have you personally ever seen a paraplegic get up out of a wheelchair and walk after being prayed for?
People without understanding are likened unto as paralized or can't move. Idol minds and afflicted understandings. Spiritual sickness,not phisical.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
erinblanco's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 423
Default Re: Now get up and walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
When the man was begging at the temple gates and could not stand Peter said to him. Silver aor Gold I cannot give you but what I have i give you. Now get up and walk. Jesus said to the man who could not walk ,pick up your mantle and walk. Paul said roll up you old understanding as a mantle . When Peter said what i have i give you. He did give him something in the name of Jesus christ. He gave him understanding. The gates are the gates of learning and people are like beggers at those gates sometimes You can go to church and still be at the gates of the temple. What I have I give you too but it is not by my power anyman can walk , it is by the power of Jesus you can be made strong.
Hello Colin an how are you? Jesus said when he comes back will he find such faith as you have mentioned on the earth?
The question is relatively simple.YES!But it will be in small quanity.For people today are not looking for people to get out of wheelchairs and dance around,but for what Jesus again said that they would only come for the fish/the loaves Crusades!Meaning that they would only be there to fill their own ungodly lust for entertainment/fleshly desires!This is evident today as well,when you see preachers begging for money to support them an their ministrys,which many are not healing people but stealing from them in such a way that its impossible for them to follow after the commandments that christ gave to seek the healing and restoration that God said he would provide for them if they gave themselves completely unto His Will/Word to do it!Yet this is the exact opposite of what is transpiring today in many of the so called New Testament Churches,for they are teaching people how to live for God in order to gain knowledge of His glory that they use to illustrate themselves in as appearance an popularity would have it.
Until we are totally broken away from the traditions of men in the knowledge of God in Christ we are not going to have His power to do of His good pleasure,but of our own!
That is going to cause more people to line up at the door expecting to be healed only to be conned as many are being done today and calling it healing,when its actually stealing from them and Gods glory to make themselves to appear as those who have it!

Last edited by erinblanco : 08-31-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Now get up and walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
Hello Colin an how are you? Jesus said when he comes back will he find such faith as you have mentioned on the earth?
The question is relatively simple.YES!But it will be in small quanity.For people today are not looking for people to get out of wheelchairs and dance around,but for what Jesus again said that they would only come for the fish/the loaves Crusades!Meaning that they would only be there to fill their own ungodly lust for entertainment/fleshly desires!This is evident today as well,when you see preachers begging for money to support them an their ministrys,which many are not healing people but stealing from them in such a way that its impossible for them to follow after the commandments that christ gave to seek the healing and restoration that God said he would provide for them if they gave themselves completely unto His Will/Word to do it!Yet this is the exact opposite of what is transpiring today in many of the so called New Testament Churches,for they are teaching people how to live for God in order to gain knowledge of His glory that they use to illustrate themselves in as appearance an popularity would have it.
Until we are totally broken away from the traditions of men in the knowledge of God in Christ we are not going to have His power to do of His good pleasure,but of our own!
That is going to cause more people to line up at the door expecting to be healed only to be conned as many are being done today and calling it healing,when its actually stealing from them and Gods glory to make themselves to appear as those who have it!
Can't disagree with much there Erin. What you call steeling , I call marketting the word. It's like the word is on scales in the house and the house is the market place. The scales represent the law but it alse means word for sale at the counter. I've learned this Erin, because some of us are getting better informed in the truth, it doesn't mean we shouild pick on others , I've done that. The Lord doesn't like it. Consider yourself blessed and hope for others too. Love you my friend.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
erinblanco's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 423
Default Re: Now get up and walk

I really don't understand where you came from with this but I will choose to say that you may not be informed as to what it is that I'm doing that has offended others who I've only chosen to speak peacably too,for if peace/unity offends people then I'm not going to follow you or anyone that resorts to spiritual bigotry/religious creeds in order to feel accepted or wanted for that matter in life nor this forum Colin!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Now get up and walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
I really don't understand where you came from with this but I will choose to say that you may not be informed as to what it is that I'm doing that has offended others who I've only chosen to speak peacably too,for if peace/unity offends people then I'm not going to follow you or anyone that resorts to spiritual bigotry/religious creeds in order to feel accepted or wanted for that matter in life nor this forum Colin!
Sorry Erin, you took that the wrong way. I don't think you have offended anyone. Thats what I do hahahahah. I don't know wher it came from either. Hope you are still my friend. See ya
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I walk in the full blessings of the new covenant? BruceG General Discussions 1 07-19-2009 02:04 PM
Honestly my child, how goes your walk? BruceG Bible Chat 0 06-08-2009 06:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29