Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Servants of the Lord.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Servants of the Lord.

Plain and simple. Servants do not know what the Lord is doing. His friends do. A little friend of mine reminded me of that. That is why the servants have so much problem with spiritual understanding. Now I call you friends is what the lord said to his diciples when he said it because he told them what he was doing. Now can you relate that to God calling Abraham his friend. It doesn't mean they were buddys or pals. It means Abraham understood God.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Servants of the Lord.

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." John 15:14-15
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:50 PM
preachergirl

Yes, very true, and endearing that the Lord calls us friends and not servants, and therefore shares himself as you would a friend, and yet "we" willingly become his servant.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM

In the parable that the prophet Nathan gave to king David about the guest who came to the man that had all those sheep,yet took the only lamb that the poor man had,is like that with many of the servants of the Lord.For they take the only thing that many people don't have(wisdom) to follow the Lord by in the leading of the Spirit,and they make a fair showing of the flesh with it,to please those that they are out to make Apostles after themselves!These are they that are as Martha was troubled about many thing's that she knew in her heart was not pleasing to Christ.Paul goes on to say that they are grevious wolves,these are they that don't sense your life with God as Holy but after the flesh nature.Therefore these predators that are servants of the Lord are out to devour those that are weak in the faith that bring delieverance.It is fair to say that the servant of the Lord must not strive but be gentle apt to teach patience.This is the mark of the Servants of the Most High God carry as vessels of honor,PATIENCE to deliever those that are in bondage to doctrinal rulers.As those that the Good Samaritian encounter on the road that had the injured man,they wouldn't so much as help this dying man they just chose to watch him die!!!Becareful of those that just only come to watch you to see if you are saved according to their enlighten doctrinal views!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
In the parable that the prophet Nathan gave to king David about the guest who came to the man that had all those sheep,yet took the only lamb that the poor man had,is like that with many of the servants of the Lord.For they take the only thing that many people don't have(wisdom) to follow the Lord by in the leading of the Spirit,and they make a fair showing of the flesh with it,to please those that they are out to make Apostles after themselves!These are they that are as Martha was troubled about many thing's that she knew in her heart was not pleasing to Christ.Paul goes on to say that they are grevious wolves,these are they that don't sense your life with God as Holy but after the flesh nature.Therefore these predators that are servants of the Lord are out to devour those that are weak in the faith that bring delieverance.It is fair to say that the servant of the Lord must not strive but be gentle apt to teach patience.This is the mark of the Servants of the Most High God carry as vessels of honor,PATIENCE to deliever those that are in bondage to doctrinal rulers.As those that the Good Samaritian encounter on the road that had the injured man,they wouldn't so much as help this dying man they just chose to watch him die!!!Becareful of those that just only come to watch you to see if you are saved according to their enlighten doctrinal views!
Well Erin, hahahaaha , Pretty good. Be careful not to be bitter in you heart though. See ya my friend.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Well Erin, hahahaaha , Pretty good. Be careful not to be bitter in you heart though. See ya my friend.
My Dear Colin I was not directing that to you,but it is what I felt in my spirit to share.I do not consider you Colin as like that for as I have stated you are not a heretic but a believer,and thats all I have to say on the matter.A lot of the time the Spirit will give utterance to the things that only the Spirit has knowledge of and we don't!Therefore I've learned to be swift to hear and slow to speak in my understanding of what it is conveying to something in particular about a person or people that we are engage with,but rest assured Colin that it had nothing to do with you,or for that matter anyone in particular!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
My Dear Colin I was not directing that to you,but it is what I felt in my spirit to share.I do not consider you Colin as like that for as I have stated you are not a heretic but a believer,and thats all I have to say on the matter.A lot of the time the Spirit will give utterance to the things that only the Spirit has knowledge of and we don't!Therefore I've learned to be swift to hear and slow to speak in my understanding of what it is conveying to something in particular about a person or people that we are engage with,but rest assured Colin that it had nothing to do with you,or for that matter anyone in particular!
I know you wern't refering to me my friend. I like what you are saying . No problem between us. You chose those words well.