Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Building the temple for God.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Building the temple for God.

I know there are some pretty nice churchs out there and lots of small ones too. The temple of God though, is not these places we go to worship. The temple of God is built up on the true teachings of God. Just as the teaching that Jesus is the son of the living God and that is the foundation or the rock. This doesn't mean we have to find the biggest rock we can find and build our house on it. The teaching is the foundation. The teacher of the teaching is also considered the rock because it is on his teaching that was given from God that we build on. All spiritual teachings build up on the foundations and put a wall between us and the outside world of unbelievers. Then we get sight in our eyes and this is like windows and the pillers are those who teach the more spiritual understandings.The upper rooms are where people cometogeather and these places are above the understanding of people who just come into the temple. The there is the holy of holys and that place is like the place wher the hi preast resides in his understanding of God. The hi priest means the one highest in the understanding of God. Jesus is our high priest.

Anyway, what i am saying is Gods temple is not built of bricks and morter and glass and wood with shingles but everthing in teaching is likened unto these things. When we build his temple in our hearts the Lord will build the temple for us. I don,t mean he himself but people in his body will be given the inspriation and will to do this and as people build houses God will do the outward thing for use. People ain't seen nothing yet. The power of God is so increadable.

If we do this thing for God as a statement of our love for him instead of man, God will give us the means, the funds and anything needed to acomplish this. All we have to do is come to him in truth and with faith in the word understanding his will and disiring to be his people for ever.We have to corect our errors and repent of our sin.

My friends there would be no teaching saying there will be a new Jeruslam if there wasn't to be one. The would be no teaching of his return if he hadn't left us at some point. There would never be the saying that all things done in screte would be revealed if things wern't done in screte. How can a man eat of the hidden manna if it is not hidden. Jesus said the blind leading the blind and we have heard this. Job said is it that we should speak for the Lord and speak deciete. Should we come to the lord with a dubble heart and believe some things spiritual and others earthly. No my friends. If we seek truth God will show truth and if we seek to build a temple for him he will give us the ability to do this thing. In our hearts first and then outwardly.

It is said the body is the temple of the spirit. Well the body is the body of believer and we must build upon his Spiritual teachings to be a temple of the spirit.

Last edited by colin : 07-16-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 PM
preachergirl

Default Re: Building the temple for God.

Colin, I've just been in the Book of John and the Feast of Tabernacles, in my college class, and am very blessed and illuminated at the reality of God's promise to "tabernacle among us." This he did in the 40 year desert wandering, where he dwelled among the children of Israel and was their provider, and then he tabernacled among us in the flesh at his first coming, and today he tabernacles "in us" as he said I am with you but shall be "in you," and all is not yet fullfilled...for after his next second coming, at the end of the book of Revelations when New Jerusalem comes, John hears a Great voice Proclaim: "Behold, the Tabernacle of God is with men!" God said that His Holy Days are a shadow of things to come! So then, the Feast of Tabernacles (a tabernacle was the earthen dwellings the children lived in in the deseert)...holds Great symbolism of things which Christ Himself fullfills! There is great blessing in a study about this feast and just how Christ fullfills all the historical Jewish symbolism!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
Colin, I've just been in the Book of John and the Feast of Tabernacles, in my college class, and am very blessed and illuminated at the reality of God's promise to "tabernacle among us." This he did in the 40 year desert wandering, where he dwelled among the children of Israel and was their provider, and then he tabernacled among us in the flesh at his first coming, and today he tabernacles "in us" as he said I am with you but shall be "in you," and all is not yet fullfilled...for after his next second coming, at the end of the book of Revelations when New Jerusalem comes, John hears a Great voice Proclaim: "Behold, the Tabernacle of God is with men!" God said that His Holy Days are a shadow of things to come! So then, the Feast of Tabernacles (a tabernacle was the earthen dwellings the children lived in in the deseert)...holds Great symbolism of things which Christ Himself fullfills! There is great blessing in a study about this feast and just how Christ fullfills all the historical Jewish symbolism!
You are right about some things. God and the lamb are the temple of God. Our buildings are but a shadow of them.Still I say it is within us to rebuild the temple and build the new Jeruslam for him. Maybe I'm not perfect in this but i know how i feel and what I want to do. If not build it, at least Make It Right with his understanding instead of our own. I know what the pure Gold is and the jasper stone is and the twelve gates and i know what the crystal clear glass means and the measure of it and the hight of it.I know the gates of it and the pearl of each gate. I know God is aluminating it for me. And know what it means when it is said there is no darkness in it. I know there can be no lying or abominations in it and the teachings have to be crystel clear to us to build it.That is not how it is right now. It will be If I have my way. God is comming to us Preacher girl. Tell me this my love,would you rather Jesus teach you to walk on water or stay above the iniquity of this world .

Last edited by colin : 07-16-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:03 AM
preachergirl

Tell me this my love,would you rather Jesus teach you to walk on water or stay above the iniquity of this world .

I don't know what you mean by that. With him in us, we do walk on water, and we are in a sense a stranger to the iniquity of this world. God wants us to build the tabernacle you say? Hmmm. I'm trying to understand you. I can't really get a connection there. As far as scripture and spiritual understanding...we live in a tabernacle, just as Jesus tabernacled among us in the flesh, and we already are the house God lives in here, if his Spirit dwells in you, but one day we will come out of this dwelling place, as Jesus did...and it's He who builds the house, lest we labour in vain...

Can I ask how old you are? I'm not presuming anything, but really have no idea...just wonder whether you are a boy or young man or old man. It's not that significant, just wonder...if I were to guess, I'd say older than younger.

My Dear also, If we are in Christ, we do hear each other, because who is of God hears his voice, and if his voice is in us, we who it is in also hear each other...as He is One and his Spirit is what makes "us" one....do you agree? kim
Old 07-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Tell me this my love,would you rather Jesus teach you to walk on water or stay above the iniquity of this world .

I don't know what you mean by that. With him in us, we do walk on water, and we are in a sense a stranger to the iniquity of this world. God wants us to build the tabernacle you say? Hmmm. I'm trying to understand you. I can't really get a connection there. As far as scripture and spiritual understanding...we live in a tabernacle, just as Jesus tabernacled among us in the flesh, and we already are the house God lives in here, if his Spirit dwells in you, but one day we will come out of this dwelling place, as Jesus did...and it's He who builds the house, lest we labour in vain...

Can I ask how old you are? I'm not presuming anything, but really have no idea...just wonder whether you are a boy or young man or old man. It's not that significant, just wonder...if I were to guess, I'd say older than younger.

My Dear also, If we are in Christ, we do hear each other, because who is of God hears his voice, and if his voice is in us, we who it is in also hear each other...as He is One and his Spirit is what makes "us" one....do you agree? kim
Preachergirl if people were ic Christ and did hear they would hear what he says when the word is spoken instead of what the man says. And yes again it is him that builds the house , and him that gives us the understanding. Sorry go to go to work. see you tonight.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Preachergirl if people were ic Christ and did hear they would hear what he says when the word is spoken instead of what the man says. And yes again it is him that builds the house , and him that gives us the understanding. Sorry go to go to work. see you tonight.
But you are a man also Colin, so if the spirit tells us one thing and you tell us it means another, does that mean the Holy Spirit is divided? Are you assuming we do not have the Spirit of God? Are you saying that we have to learn how to interpret all scripture spiritually from you or that we are dead spiritually? The literal interpretation of most of scripture has been accepted by most christians for 2000 years. Some has hidden meanings truly just as you say, a spirtual meaning beyond the literal, but are you saying the literal meaning of scripture is now null and void? This is a huge step away from traditional christianity if this is what you mean. Could you let me know your thoughts on this?
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM
preachergirl

Yes Colin, If we have ears to hear, we "will" hear the voice of God in people's words...if they are of His Spirit....but it's also true that if we are in him, we will hear each other, because His Spirit is the same in us who are in him, and there is scripture that says this, and it does make perfect spiritual sense. Just as we are one in the Lord, we are one in His Spirit, and know his voice and another will not follow, yes?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
But you are a man also Colin, so if the spirit tells us one thing and you tell us it means another, does that mean the Holy Spirit is divided? Are you assuming we do not have the Spirit of God? Are you saying that we have to learn how to interpret all scripture spiritually from you or that we are dead spiritually? The literal interpretation of most of scripture has been accepted by most christians for 2000 years. Some has hidden meanings truly just as you say, a spirtual meaning beyond the literal, but are you saying the literal meaning of scripture is now null and void? This is a huge step away from traditional christianity if this is what you mean. Could you let me know your thoughts on this?
Wow, wow ,wow. I am not saying the holy spirit is divided, I am saying Jesus is dividing the scriptures for us. I know I am a man and I would never want anyone to think anything more of me. I am saying all the time we are in error. For how long , I don't know. I am saying there are spiritual teachings in every single word and verce and passage in the bible and they are the true teachings of god. I'm saying in our error we are worshiping man and we must change and worship God now. I am not saying the word is not true, I'm saying our understanding of it is wrong and the thoughts of man are differant then the thoughts of God.I just want to show people what the word says spiritually and to me this is truth and teachings from God our savour. I am saying what happened to Jesus back 2000 years ago is what is happening to him now but now he is the word and it is his word and teachings people will reject just as they did before.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Yes Colin, If we have ears to hear, we "will" hear the voice of God in people's words...if they are of His Spirit....but it's also true that if we are in him, we will hear each other, because His Spirit is the same in us who are in him, and there is scripture that says this, and it does make perfect spiritual sense. Just as we are one in the Lord, we are one in His Spirit, and know his voice and another will not follow, yes?
If this is true , why is it that no one hears what is being said when the word is spoken.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:46 AM
preachergirl

Colin, Remember how the bible says there is safety in the multitude of councelors? And yet it is a rampant thing in this late day for many to believe they don't need others, but that God has called them out, with a new word, a unique one, which he is empowering them to carry and deliver despite the resistance and denial. And in this place, the person assumes they are being persecuted for Christ's sake, but the bible makes it clear that many shall rise up and say Lo, Christ is here or there...or "hear my word," which God is giving only particularly to me....

It's not scriptural...but it is a very subtle delusion. I've been in this place, and I mean to say, I was in it!!! And I was a Believer...just as the many I see today who are popping up everywhere claiming to have the word...yet it's a word that the sheep cannot and do not hear....and that's simply because it is not from the true Shepherd.

God was present with me when he himself sent me warnings about being entangled with such...and it was as if he very clearly spoke into my heart and mind that ....

"Unless" I was willing to accept the Truth he would show me...I would not be shown and would remain blind. I was willing to Surrender that time...and immediately after I did surrender my will....to deny, if I must, what to me was a true calling..."if" it was not God, my eyes fell immediately upon this word...."workers of the flesh." Yes, these are spiritual people who have been led by the "pride" of man...into works of the flesh....all the while believing they are especially sent from God!

"Even the elect will be deceived if it were possible."

I didn't escape it 10 years later....and almost lost my soul and husbands life literally and family and perhaps my life. I had gotten into being one of these people who think they have been called especially...and I had the help of a well known "woman of God"....well known even over seas!...as a Missionary/Prophet...but guess what? We did have a following! And I was being lifted up....

If God had not made a divine visitation...which by the way, a prophetic man from "Africa" called to fortell me of....and all his words came to pass....words that were "all" supported by scripture....then I would be in a place that God has termed to me as "spiritual woe." First time I ever heard that term when God spoke it to me.

Now I understand. My Dear Man, I do not write to offend you...I try very hard out of the sincere love of Jesus himself to warn us all.....that it is very, very, very, easy....to be swept away into grand delusions by what?....My God....by the greatest enemy we all have....Pride!

The very second anyone...me included, begins to think more of himself than he ought as God says....or begins to exalt himself, his own word....then wham! We lunge ourselves into a darkness that we cannot see!

I have been there...I know what I'm talking about! And people are not the enemy or my enemy....but we do have an enemy! And brother, this enemy was "empowering" me to walk this walk....which the people who I was not considering so spiritual could cleary see! Yes, they could see more than me!...Who is truly with God's Calling and anointing...

The message is this....and you can believe that "I" take it seriously myself! And "I" make effort to keep humility! Because..."I" am not beyond becoming elevated in myself and when we do....when we begin to think we have what other people do not and cannot see....we are already in "spiritual woe."

But not many will hear this! Self Defense is a sure sign! Self Pride is the enemy and is the fruit and is the Deception! And I am not afraid to admit that this flesh wants to exalt itself and to live out it's Pride! It's our mortal enemy!

We call ourselves humble...while we accuse others of not being as spiritual as we....this is Not God! Our humility is false. And I have been here!

People in this state need Deliverance! Here's the secret which God spoke to me....NOT UNTIL I was WILLING to SURRENDER the self glory I had found and was "wanting" badly.....What I was wanting at one point was simply to accept this woman's offer to preach with her and work in ministry...sounds good and innocent right?

She was another one who was claiming that God had called her out especially and she had the special message that people needed. Now I do have Calling so naturally I was excited and "wanted" to join her!

It took me some REAL SURRENDER....to AGREE to God...that "IF" he said NO...that I would BELIEVE HIM...and NOT the DESIRES I had...which I thought were good spiritual ones!

It was after I truly did agree and surrender....Even though I didn't want to!....That God opened my eyes! And I began to see things I could NOT see before.

My Dear Friend, Please hearken...God does NOT call us to be lone rangers....God is all about the unity and oneness of his body...of his people...and in these last days....it is becoming "rampant" the many, many that I hear saying...."God has called "me" with a special call and message....that only I am hearing!

Satan will exalt us! And we know we are out of God's Will....when....it's "We" that We See! And WE that we are promoting...and only WE that people can see in us!

When we are truly in the faith, it's Christ that people WILL SEE in us....and all who are God's true people WILL HEAR US! As Jesus said..."and another they will not follow."

The Word is our foundation and is the confirmation. The Word which was first delivered to the Saints...and not a NEW Word! God has not changed...he changes not....his Word, which IS Christ...is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.

My prayers are with you, Love PG

« Grace | Gnostism »