Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > I'm on the other side of life now.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Heneni

Default Re: I'm on the other side of life now.

HEHE colin. Could it be that being 'on the other side of life' has taken you a bit too far? I mean at some point we have to take the bible litteraly you know. There is symbolic meaning in most of the bible, but the actual event is not a myth.

Like Kate Winslet in the ocean, after the titanic sank, i have a wistle in my mouth and my voice is saying....come back come back come back.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:39 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heneni View Post
HEHE colin. Could it be that being 'on the other side of life' has taken you a bit too far? I mean at some point we have to take the bible litteraly you know. There is symbolic meaning in most of the bible, but the actual event is not a myth.

Like Kate Winslet in the ocean, after the titanic sank, i have a wistle in my mouth and my voice is saying....come back come back come back.
hehehe. I disagree. Everthing literal is past and dead. Everything spiritual is still alive. Some times the literal meaning and the spiritual understanding say the same thing or agree. Then the literel is ok but you need to understand the interpretations to fine whitch ones agree. Like jesus said he is the living waters and we know he is not water but he said he is the son of the livivng God and spiritual understanding agrees.The voice of the lord says , come home come home , come up hither, come up here. See ya

Last edited by colin : 07-16-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-2009, 11:22 PM
preachergirl

Is Jesus also past and dead who will literally come and put his foot upon this earth? And why in the Millenium will there be a literal celebrating of the Feast of Tabernacles, which God will require all Nations to come to, if this is only a spiritual intangible concept? The Scriptures do not support such an idea that everything it says is Not what is says! When your interpretations can be understood by no one but you, it's time to "test ourselves and see if we are in the faith." Between 2 or 3 witnesses let our word be established. Jesus himself fullfilled the ancient law that required atleast 2 witnesses...His Father was one' John the Baptist was one, the Word himself made flesh was one, the Prophets and the Law are one, but where is your witness if it is not from the Word which was given to "all" who can hear, so that "all" who hear will "hear" the voice that speaks not from earth but from heaven?

It's common knowledge that God's spiritual word or the word of a true messenger or Prophet must be confirmed by the Word! Just saying my interpretations are from the Word reveals nothing...because anyone can say that...if even the true people of God cannot comprehend your interprretations or receive them without your teaching, then something is wrong. My Dear man, do you really believe that God is giving you some new meaning to all his Word which changes not, as it is Christ who changes not? Are you very sure that this gospel you are preaching is the same one that was first delivered to the church? The one we are told to contend for?

C'mon Colin...there is "safety in the multitude of councelors;" where are yours? It is Not scriptural that any one man receives interpretations that are not scripturally sound, that no one can know but him. It's not scriptural that "new" meanings that have nothing to do with the Gospel delivered by the Apostles are to arise 2000 years later for 1 man to know, which others cannot know except this 1 man tell them. If it's truly of God, the Word will surely support and "confirm" the word we preach and it will also be "confirmed" in the hearts of all who are of Christ...as God is One and is not a different God to you or me or anyone. His Word changes not...Are you in agreement with the Word and with All the Word? Do you want to be? Is that what you want most of all? Love PG
Old 07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
Is Jesus also past and dead who will literally come and put his foot upon this earth? And why in the Millenium will there be a literal celebrating of the Feast of Tabernacles, which God will require all Nations to come to, if this is only a spiritual intangible concept? The Scriptures do not support such an idea that everything it says is Not what is says! When your interpretations can be understood by no one but you, it's time to "test ourselves and see if we are in the faith." Between 2 or 3 witnesses let our word be established. Jesus himself fullfilled the ancient law that required atleast 2 witnesses...His Father was one' John the Baptist was one, the Word himself made flesh was one, the Prophets and the Law are one, but where is your witness if it is not from the Word which was given to "all" who can hear, so that "all" who hear will "hear" the voice that speaks not from earth but from heaven?

It's common knowledge that God's spiritual word or the word of a true messenger or Prophet must be confirmed by the Word! Just saying my interpretations are from the Word reveals nothing...because anyone can say that...if even the true people of God cannot comprehend your interprretations or receive them without your teaching, then something is wrong. My Dear man, do you really believe that God is giving you some new meaning to all his Word which changes not, as it is Christ who changes not? Are you very sure that this gospel you are preaching is the same one that was first delivered to the church? The one we are told to contend for?

C'mon Colin...there is "safety in the multitude of councelors;" where are yours? It is Not scriptural that any one man receives interpretations that are not scripturally sound, that no one can know but him. It's not scriptural that "new" meanings that have nothing to do with the Gospel delivered by the Apostles are to arise 2000 years later for 1 man to know, which others cannot know except this 1 man tell them. If it's truly of God, the Word will surely support and "confirm" the word we preach and it will also be "confirmed" in the hearts of all who are of Christ...as God is One and is not a different God to you or me or anyone. His Word changes not...Are you in agreement with the Word and with All the Word? Do you want to be? Is that what you want most of all? Love PG
Well you take it literally a I will take it spiritually. There is a differance. You say Jesus will come and literally put his feet on earth. Jesus said that john the baptice was Elijah but was it literally elijah the put his feet on the ground. It is said our names are written in the lambs book of life. Johns name was too. it was Elijah before.

Last edited by colin : 07-19-2009 at 12:20 AM.