Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Why the Body of Christ IS NOT the Bride ?

Old 07-06-2009, 04:35 PM

Default Why the Body of Christ IS NOT the Bride ?

Hi to all and ONLY the Orignal Autographs are inspired and NOT translations .

1) Here is what I say is a literal translation of 2 Cor 11: 2 and short exergesis .

2) v2 , For I am burning with zeal ( over ) you with a zeal of God , for I myself have joined you to one Man , to present a pure virgin to Christ .

3) Verse 2 , this verse does not teach that the Body of Christ is the Bride of Christ and the FACTS teach otherwise , please notice ;

4) The word " espoused " in the KJV means " to join , fit together ". It is used once by Paul .

5) The idea here is that the believer was " joined " to Christ at the time of salvation . He was " fitted together " with others in the Body of Christ .

6) The word " virgin " is musculine here , and agrees with the fact that the Body of Christ is " one new man " ( Eph 2:15 ) " Virgin " is also is also Musculine in Rev 14:4 .

7) The word for " husband " in the KJV also means " man " . " Husband " is used when the subject matter demands it , and verse 2 does not demand it .

8) The word " present " is also used in Eph 5:27 . This " presentation " of the Body of Christ is NOT a ceremony .

9) there is no need of ANOTHER joining to Christ , as a wedding ceremony implies.

10) The terminology of " bride " and " bridegroom " is found in the Gospels , and it RIGHTLY belongs to Israel ( John 3:29 )

11) This truth is rooted in the Old Testament Isa 62:4 ,5 ; Hosea 2:16,19 ; Jeremiah 3:14 .

12) Jer 2:16 , Ishi , means " my husband " and Baali , means " my Lord "

13) In Jer 3:14 ,is married to Israel

14) In Jer 3:8 give gives Israel a bill of divorce

15) Then remarrys Israel in Rev 19 .

16) No where does Paul ever say that the Body of Christ , is a bride .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 PM
PRYZ

Default Re: Why the Body of Christ IS NOT the Bride ?

Hello danp!

Quote:
ONLY the Orignal Autographs are inspired and NOT translations
Which are not? Or by your interpolation?

Quote:
2) v2 , For I am burning with zeal ( over ) you with a zeal of God , for I myself have joined you to one Man , to present a pure virgin to Christ .

3) Verse 2 , this verse does not teach that the Body of Christ is the Bride of Christ and the FACTS teach otherwise , please notice ;

4) The word " espoused " in the KJV means " to join , fit together ". It is used once by Paul .

5) The idea here is that the believer was " joined " to Christ at the time of salvation . He was " fitted together " with others in the Body of Christ .

6) The word " virgin " is musculine here , and agrees with the fact that the Body of Christ is " one new man " ( Eph 2:15 ) " Virgin " is also is also Musculine in Rev 14:4 .

7) The word for " husband " in the KJV also means " man " . " Husband " is used when the subject matter demands it , and verse 2 does not demand it .

8) The word " present " is also used in Eph 5:27 . This " presentation " of the Body of Christ is NOT a ceremony .

9) there is no need of ANOTHER joining to Christ , as a wedding ceremony implies.

10) The terminology of " bride " and " bridegroom " is found in the Gospels , and it RIGHTLY belongs to Israel ( John 3:29 )

11) This truth is rooted in the Old Testament Isa 62:4 ,5 ; Hosea 2:16,19 ; Jeremiah 3:14 .

12) Jer 2:16 , Ishi , means " my husband " and Baali , means " my Lord "

13) In Jer 3:14 ,is married to Israel

14) In Jer 3:8 give gives Israel a bill of divorce

15) Then remarrys Israel in Rev 19 .

16) No where does Paul ever say that the Body of Christ , is a bride .
Paul, no, but his Head did through Paul's fellowlaborer, John of the same Head in Rev.

The bride, the marriage? , , My impression is that it was presented by God there in Eph 5 as a "mystery" to highlight possible contention. I hope that is not of your intent, but to edify some lack somewhere.

Blessings in Christ to you!

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRYZ View Post
Hello danp!

Which are not? Or by your interpolation?

Paul, no, but his Head did through Paul's fellowlaborer, John of the same Head in Rev.

The bride, the marriage? , , My impression is that it was presented by God there in Eph 5 as a "mystery" to highlight possible contention. I hope that is not of your intent, but to edify some lack somewhere.

Blessings in Christ to you!

Mike
Hi PRYZ , sorry , but tanslationS are NOT INSPIRED , and just look at the Book of Mormon or the New World Tanslation of the J.W.

1) In Eph 5:21-32 is one Mystery concerning the Assembly and Christ , v32 .

2) The Dispensation of the Mystery is different in Eph 3:1-9 , that was HID in God, and the Mystery is that the Gentiles are to be joint heirs and members of a joint body and joint partakers of His promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel , v6 .
Old 07-08-2009, 03:23 AM
PRYZ

Hello danp!

Quote:
sorry , but tanslationS are NOT INSPIRED , and just look at the Book of Mormon or the New World Tanslation of the J.W.
I understand but no longer support this position. To do so would mean we really have so little to do with Christ’s work and the spreading of the message of the gospel, the usefulness in correction, the pureness of doctrine, in the perspective of our lives before God if we still no longer have the “inspiration” from HIM. II Tim 3:16. The effect of loss in paraphrasing and contestable versions, yes, a reader has to have his persuasions pre-run.

Quote:
1) In Eph 5:21-32 is one Mystery concerning the Assembly and Christ , v32 .

2) The Dispensation of the Mystery is different in Eph 3:1-9 , that was HID in God, and the Mystery is that the Gentiles are to be joint heirs and members of a joint body and joint partakers of His promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel , v6 .
Wait now, are you saying they “are to be” or are joint heirs as this verse (6) indicates?

Mike.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRYZ View Post
Hello danp!

I understand but no longer support this position. To do so would mean we really have so little to do with Christ’s work and the spreading of the message of the gospel, the usefulness in correction, the pureness of doctrine, in the perspective of our lives before God if we still no longer have the “inspiration” from HIM. II Tim 3:16. The effect of loss in paraphrasing and contestable versions, yes, a reader has to have his persuasions pre-run.

Wait now, are you saying they “are to be” or are joint heirs as this verse (6) indicates?

Mike.
Hi Mike , This a literal translation of verse 6 . I believe that God uses us, frail man , and He never fails to always carry out his will , from the O.T to the N.T .
Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 AM

you have not revealed then who the Body of Christ is,nor do you project it from what you are illustrating either.Therefore what is the point of this thread?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
you have not revealed then who the Body of Christ is,nor do you project it from what you are illustrating either.Therefore what is the point of this thread?
Hi erinblanco , I believe that I had clarity in the OP , but I am willing to explain .

1) Jehovah marries Israel in Jer 3:14

2) And in Jer 3:8 , reveals that Israel was given a bill of divorce

3) Then in Matt 3:1-3 , John the Baptist is sent to get Israel to repent and to return to the worship of Jehovah

4) Israel , instead killed their Messiah

5) In Luke 13:6-9 , is a parable that Israel is to be set aside

6) Matt 3:10 , the AXE is laid , for their setting aside

7) Then after the Millennium Israel will reconcile with Jehovah in Rev 19 .

8) There are no verses that PROVE that the Body of Christ is the bride of Christ and you say that you have one ????

9) The Body of Christ is mentioned in 1 Cor 12:27

10) Mentioned in Eph 4:12

11) Mentioned in Rom 7:4

12) Today the Body of Christ is composed of Jews and Gentiles in Rom 10:12

13) And this a short list of the Body of Christ .
Old 07-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Heneni

If the jews alone were the bride (and they were), and then god divorced them because of adultery, now what should god do? Return to her or marry another? I figured god would have wanted reconcilition.

When jesus came back, there was a great opportunity for reconciliation. But the ex-wife (if that bill of divorce really went through she was the ex-wife) killed the potensial groom and was cut off from him legally. So she is now an ex-wife kind of widow. So neither jesus nor the jews are bound to each other in any legal way, because death seperated their legal bond. So then god is free to marry another. He rose from the dead, (they didnt see that coming) but the jews being the branches were cut off by his death, and are still dead (those not under grace).

This is a very interesting love affair.