Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Your days are numbered.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Your days are numbered.

When you read the bible every passage has a heavenly meaning and to understand them is to read by faith. If you read the scriptures verce by verce and by numbers you days are numbered. You ever remember any good man of God in the bible teach a teaching and then say the number of the verce. Never, Faith is not numbered.If a man's heart is hardened it means his heart is like stone and the stones are the stumdling blockes to trip and snare people without spiritual wisdom. It also means you hardly hear the teachings of God. By that I means you are deaf to the things of God.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:50 PM
preachergirl

Default Re: Your days are numbered.

Jack VanImpe, who is pretty much a prophetic scholar, and also a man who has the light of God's love shining very much through him, calls out verses and numbers by the multitudes as he teaches about present day news and it's relation to scripture and it's prophetic word. The man has my utmost respect as he clearly can be observed as one who has studied to show himself approved, and at the same time radiates with the compassion and love of Christ. I am in Christian Univ. right now, where God did lead me, and have learned, after 30 years as a passionate lover of Christ, that there is very much "spiritual Life" to be gained from serious "study" of the Word, which includes knowing where things are in the bible so you can put the contexts together and gain the original writer's perspective and true meanings as he wrote.

I catch the drift of what you are trying to say, but don't really agree...while God can reveal anything to us that he chooses or will by our reading his Word...and while the Holy Spirit does quicken us in our reading...there is purpose and "spiritual" benefit...growing from a deeper knowledge and understanding...of this Word...which "does" come from studying it...as the scripture says...and I have seen and felt that reality tremendously. Faith may not be numbered...but numbers do help categorize things in our mind and help us to locate them so we can read what the Word says, again and again...and also be able to quickly locate relevant scriptures and realting scriptures if say we are putting together a bible teaching or pointing out some truths to someone...in the Word...so they can see it and not only hear what we say.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
Jack VanImpe, who is pretty much a prophetic scholar, and also a man who has the light of God's love shining very much through him, calls out verses and numbers by the multitudes as he teaches about present day news and it's relation to scripture and it's prophetic word. The man has my utmost respect as he clearly can be observed as one who has studied to show himself approved, and at the same time radiates with the compassion and love of Christ. I am in Christian Univ. right now, where God did lead me, and have learned, after 30 years as a passionate lover of Christ, that there is very much "spiritual Life" to be gained from serious "study" of the Word, which includes knowing where things are in the bible so you can put the contexts together and gain the original writer's perspective and true meanings as he wrote.

I catch the drift of what you are trying to say, but don't really agree...while God can reveal anything to us that he chooses or will by our reading his Word...and while the Holy Spirit does quicken us in our reading...there is purpose and "spiritual" benefit...growing from a deeper knowledge and understanding...of this Word...which "does" come from studying it...as the scripture says...and I have seen and felt that reality tremendously. Faith may not be numbered...but numbers do help categorize things in our mind and help us to locate them so we can read what the Word says, again and again...and also be able to quickly locate relevant scriptures and realting scriptures if say we are putting together a bible teaching or pointing out some truths to someone...in the Word...so they can see it and not only hear what we say.
Jack Van Imp. I have to vomite if I hear him speak one word. You know what Jesus does to people marketting the word . Lots of memory with 0 faith.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:24 AM
preachergirl

Do other men of God who are very studied in the Word also offend you?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
When you read the bible every passage has a heavenly meaning and to understand them is to read by faith. If you read the scriptures verce by verce and by numbers you days are numbered.
When we are flesh and carnal, we study with our flesh in our carnality and book name, the chapter number and verse number enable us to find it in the book. So if we are of God instead of "of the world" then God's Word is being written in our hearts without numbers. The numbers can be a road map for the weakness of our flesh, but in the Spirit they are not needed, because then "it is written" not in the book of paper and ink, but in out hearts.

Quote:
You ever remember any good man of God in the bible teach a teaching and then say the number of the verse. Never, Faith is not numbered. If a man's heart is hardened it means his heart is like stone and the stones are the stumbling blocks to trip and snare people without spiritual wisdom. It also means you hardly hear the teachings of God. By that I means you are deaf to the things of God.
When I am traveling to Yellowstone, I may need to use a road map to find my way there, but the natural beauty I behold there with the natural eyes requires no road map. Similarly, when the beauty of God and His promises are written in our heart, we need no roadmap to see them, but spiritual rather than natural eyes. To hear His Word as He would have us to hear them also requires spiritual ears rather than natural ears.

We don't need to throw away all of our Bibles, at least, not until it is all written in our hearts. Jesus did not carry around a scroll or a Bible, but He did read from the scroll in the synagogue to let the people of flesh know that they also might have access to the source. But... we need to remember that the Bible is dead to us without God's Spirit in us to bring it the Life. This is the spiritual eyes and ears, the Holy Ghost.

John,
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
When you read the bible every passage has a heavenly meaning and to understand them is to read by faith. If you read the scriptures verce by verce and by numbers you days are numbered. You ever remember any good man of God in the bible teach a teaching and then say the number of the verce. Never, Faith is not numbered.If a man's heart is hardened it means his heart is like stone and the stones are the stumdling blockes to trip and snare people without spiritual wisdom. It also means you hardly hear the teachings of God. By that I means you are deaf to the things of God.
Man put books, chapters, numbers to verses, and words in the Word of God to ease the way, but instead caused division and separation. The Word of God is a constant flow like a river, running unfettered, washing over us, pulling us along in it's stream if we immerse ourselves in it. The dams that block the river are man made, but God sends rain and floods that can break down those dams and let the river run free again. I hear it roar!! Praise be to His name.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:41 PM

So in preparation for His Coming,which this thread seems to suggest,what should we be found doing?Like Jesus referred to in Matthew 24/37-39 about the days of Noah?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:40 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Your days are numbered.
There's an amazing revelation