Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The trinity, Colin's way

Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default The trinity, Colin's way

It's just simple. The father is the old testament, the son is the new testament, The holy spirit is the spiritual understanding of them both.

Last edited by colin : 06-26-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: The trinity, Colin's way

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
It's just simple. The father is the old testament, the son is the new testament, The holy spirit is the spiritual understanding of them both.
Is it so simple Colin? We are always looking for something complicated when we discuss the nature of God as a trinity or something else, but should it be so?

I believe that the nature is very simple to God and to anyone to whom He has revealed it. To anyone else it is what so many are looking for, something very complicated.

I do not see what you see Colin, but then my own vision is very blurry. Like the man whose eyes Jesus touched a second time, I need a second touch too to clear up my vision.

Consider this that I posted some months ago on this forum with regard to the difference between the OT and the NT:

[The real lives described in the Old Testament (OT) provide us with some real lessons and some real examples, both good and evil of real people who did or did not serve God.

In the New Testament (NT) Jesus provides us with the perfect example, without sin and without spot or wrinkle. Ideally we want to be like Him, but we, all of us, have already sinned.

In the OT we see in David a man who sinned terribly, but his heart was always aimed toward God. When He erred and he became aware of it he immediately acknowledged his error. He did not try to justify himself and he was ready to receive whatever chastisement that God had for him because of his sin.

In King Saul who also sinned terribly, we see nearly opposite type of reactions. Saul tried to blame the people for his own misdeeds. He tried to justify his errors.

The NT has the perfect example of a man who had never sinned. The OT has many examples of men like ourselves with a history of sin. God shows us that they were able to make it then to the goals that He had for them in spite of (or perhaps because of) their weaknesses. He also shows us many who dabbled a little in the right way, but still failed in the end. A good example of this last is Ahab, a king of the northern 10 tribes of Israel.

Ahab who was perhaps one of the worst kings described in the OT still in one instance repented and received a reward from God for it [see I Kings 21:33-29]. Yet, we know that in the end he did not please God...

If the OT is the Father, then is He then the incomplete, imperfect shadow of Jesus in the NT. Then is Jesus in the NT complete and perfect? Your explanation doesn't seem correct to me, but maybe again as I said it is my flawed vision that is the problem. Of course, I also cannot fit in the third element, the Holy Ghost, so that it gives me the correct spiritual understanding. If it is simple, then I guess I am simple still, because it still won't come through to me clearly.

Speak to me Colin!

John.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Is it so simple Colin? We are always looking for something complicated when we discuss the nature of God as a trinity or something else, but should it be so?

I believe that the nature is very simple to God and to anyone to whom He has revealed it. To anyone else it is what so many are looking for, something very complicated.

I do not see what you see Colin, but then my own vision is very blurry. Like the man whose eyes Jesus touched a second time, I need a second touch too to clear up my vision.

Consider this that I posted some months ago on this forum with regard to the difference between the OT and the NT:

[The real lives described in the Old Testament (OT) provide us with some real lessons and some real examples, both good and evil of real people who did or did not serve God.

In the New Testament (NT) Jesus provides us with the perfect example, without sin and without spot or wrinkle. Ideally we want to be like Him, but we, all of us, have already sinned.

In the OT we see in David a man who sinned terribly, but his heart was always aimed toward God. When He erred and he became aware of it he immediately acknowledged his error. He did not try to justify himself and he was ready to receive whatever chastisement that God had for him because of his sin.

In King Saul who also sinned terribly, we see nearly opposite type of reactions. Saul tried to blame the people for his own misdeeds. He tried to justify his errors.

The NT has the perfect example of a man who had never sinned. The OT has many examples of men like ourselves with a history of sin. God shows us that they were able to make it then to the goals that He had for them in spite of (or perhaps because of) their weaknesses. He also shows us many who dabbled a little in the right way, but still failed in the end. A good example of this last is Ahab, a king of the northern 10 tribes of Israel.

Ahab who was perhaps one of the worst kings described in the OT still in one instance repented and received a reward from God for it [see I Kings 21:33-29]. Yet, we know that in the end he did not please God...

If the OT is the Father, then is He then the incomplete, imperfect shadow of Jesus in the NT. Then is Jesus in the NT complete and perfect? Your explanation doesn't seem correct to me, but maybe again as I said it is my flawed vision that is the problem. Of course, I also cannot fit in the third element, the Holy Ghost, so that it gives me the correct spiritual understanding. If it is simple, then I guess I am simple still, because it still won't come through to me clearly.

Speak to me Colin!

John.
John, I'm sorry. Its to late tonight but I want to descuss this with you. The bible has its counter parts on earth.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Knight of the Forum

John, to baptise some one in the father, son and holy Spirit , just means to submerge them in the teachings of . the father ,son and holy spirit. Teach them. I'm trying to find some wher else besides Mathew wher it mentians the trinity. I also know for everthing in the bible we have the same thing on earth. The son only apears when he apears to us in the scriptures. The holy Spirit is given when he is tought. Sorry , got to go to work. Love you brother.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
John, to baptise some one in the father, son and holy Spirit , just means to submerge them in the teachings of . the father ,son and holy spirit. Teach them. I'm trying to find some wher else besides Mathew wher it mentians the trinity. I also know for everthing in the bible we have the same thing on earth. The son only apears when he apears to us in the scriptures. The holy Spirit is given when he is tought. Sorry , got to go to work. Love you brother.
Not to worry, Colin! God is what He is. People agreeing or disagreeing is not going to change Him. He doesn't change, but if we love Him and trust He will change us as it becomes necessary. Glory to His name!