Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Who is the FIRST ONE in the Body of Christ ?

Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 PM

Default Who is the FIRST ONE in the Body of Christ ?

Hi to all , and the question still rages on, about who was the first one in the Body of Christ ,

1) Some say that it was Adam .

2) Some alway will say Peter , and NO HE IS NOT !!!

3) Letls , let the scripture decide the matter .

4) In 1 Tim 1:15 Paul writes , Faithful is the Word and worthly of all reception , that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners , of whom I am PROTOS , which means first .

5) Chief would imply that Paul was the WORST of sinners , but that is NOT the emphasis of the paragraph , which is versae 15and 16 .

6) The Greek word translted " chief " is PROTOS means " first " , and in a seconary sense means " chief " when speaking of RANK or DIGNITY , which is not the case here .

7) Then in v 16 , But for this reason I was given mercy , in order that in me PROTOS ( MEANS FIRST HERE ) Christ Jesus might show forth all longsuffering for PATTERN of the ones coming to believe on Him unto everlasting life .

8) What this passage is teaching that PAUL was the FIRST one in the Body of Christ .

9) Peter was NEVER in the Body of Christ and the reason that he is NOT , is because there IS Not a SHRED or a Particle of proof that Peter was in the Body of Christ , that Paul reveals to all , that the entrance is in 1 Cor 12:12-13 .

10) Peter will be in the Millennium , judging the 12 Tribes of Israel Matt 19:28 and we as the Body of Christ will be with our Lord in Heaven 1 Cor 15:51-58 .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Who is the FIRST ONE in the Body of Christ ?

Does it matter to us whether Peter or Paul were in the Body of Christ? If either one or both of them were, then should we not rejoice for them and God?

Do we not know that Jesus is the Head? If Jesus is not our Head then what does it really matter to us about any man who has already finished his course, one way or the other? As Doinghiswill [Keith] reminded us in another recent thread, is not the main thing that we be on God's side rather than against Him, or worse trying to walk the fence in between?

John the Baptist lost his physical head in order to maintain and establish that his real Head was Christ. Isn't this more important than putting Paul up against Peter, or vice versa?

Who was first in the Body of Christ? Was it not Jesus? Without Him it seems that there would be no Body, for what is a body without a head, the right Head?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Does it matter to us whether Peter or Paul were in the Body of Christ? If either one or both of them were, then should we not rejoice for them and God?

Do we not know that Jesus is the Head? If Jesus is not our Head then what does it really matter to us about any man who has already finished his course, one way or the other? As Doinghiswill [Keith] reminded us in another recent thread, is not the main thing that we be on God's side rather than against Him, or worse trying to walk the fence in between?

John the Baptist lost his physical head in order to maintain and establish that his real Head was Christ. Isn't this more important than putting Paul up against Peter, or vice versa?

Who was first in the Body of Christ? Was it not Jesus? Without Him it seems that there would be no Body, for what is a body without a head, the right Head?
Hi Amadeus , yes Christ the Head of the Body of Christ and the Gospels do not speak about the Body of Christ , for it is Paul that reveals that there is a Body of Christ and Eph 1:22,23 , is just one verse where that is seen .
Old 06-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Knight of the Forum

I read this and think of this passage:
Matthew 20:20-23 (Young's Literal Translation)
Then came near to him the mother of the sons of Zebedee, with her sons, bowing and asking something from him, and he said to her, `What wilt thou?' She saith to him, `Say, that they may sit -- these my two sons -- one on thy right hand, and one on the left, in thy reign.' And Jesus answering said, `Ye have not known what ye ask for yourselves; are ye able to drink of the cup that I am about to drink? and with the baptism that I am baptized with, to be baptized?' They say to him, `We are able.' And he saith to them, `Of my cup indeed ye shall drink, and with the baptism that I am baptized with ye shall be baptized; but to sit on my right hand and on my left is not mine to give, but -- to those for whom it hath been prepared by my father.'

Who is first in the body or who sits on Christ's right hand is up to God. Personally either issue doesn't matter to me and I don't mind if I'm last in body as long as I'm there!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:33 AM
Heneni

Id have to say it was the disciples. But i dont think it really matters.

Hi danp. I recongize you and the topic you post and the way you post (point by point) from another forum.

Welcome to this forum. Hope you have lots of interesting discussions here.

Heneni
Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM

Well my vote goes to Jesus Christ Himself as He is the Rock of our salvation, the Head of the body as well as the foundation and the chief corner stone - sounds like He is there.

The point you seem to be making in your discussion of Peter and Paul seems to be distinguishing between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers as presented to us. Interesting topic, but we must also remember that Paul was a Jew, so while the indication is that the 12 will rule over the tribes of Israel to have Paul sit in rule over the Gentiles is interesting but the implications seem sorting or there is conflict... are all Jewish Christians/Messianic Jews part of the 12 tribes or are they part of the Body of Christ? And if we are the Body of Christ, who then is the Bride of Christ?

Just curious about what you think - ramifications of belief are interesting.
In Christ
Windy
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsong View Post
Well my vote goes to Jesus Christ Himself as He is the Rock of our salvation, the Head of the body as well as the foundation and the chief corner stone - sounds like He is there.

The point you seem to be making in your discussion of Peter and Paul seems to be distinguishing between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers as presented to us. Interesting topic, but we must also remember that Paul was a Jew, so while the indication is that the 12 will rule over the tribes of Israel to have Paul sit in rule over the Gentiles is interesting but the implications seem sorting or there is conflict... are all Jewish Christians/Messianic Jews part of the 12 tribes or are they part of the Body of Christ? And if we are the Body of Christ, who then is the Bride of Christ?

Just curious about what you think - ramifications of belief are interesting.
In Christ
Windy
Hi Windy , and my OP has proven by the perfect tense , passive voice and the indicative mood in Rom 1:1 , that Paul began the Body of Christ .

2) The 12 could nt be in the Body and 1 Cor 15: 8 , proves that to me , and if you go to 1 Cor 15:8 , EKTROMA , you will need to know the OT , ALSO .

3) We are part of the Body of Christ and the Body does NOT MARRY the Body . I will have to start a new thread for each of those paragraphs .