Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Can you Remit sin ?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:56 PM

Default Can you Remit sin ?

Hi to all , and in John 20: 19-23 , we have some very interesting verses .

1) All this happens during Jesus earthly ministry !!!

2) Historically and the Context is Jewish !!! Just read verse 19 , " fear of the Jews ."

3) This happened 2000 years AGO !!!!

4) And in V 20 , THE DISCIPLES are talking to the Lord !!!!

5) Then Jesus BREATHED on THEM , Reveive ye the Holy Spirit !!!!!

6) Then, Jesus says , whose soever SINS ye REMIT , they are REMITTED unto to them ; and whose soever SINS ye RETAIN , they are RETAINED .

7) These are Jesus word , and don't you follow Jesus ????

8) It happened once , can it happen AGAIN ?????

9) How do you REMIT SINS ?????

10) I thought that God was the only one who could forgive SINS ?????

11) Is this for TODAY ?????

12) DO YOU BELIEVE IN APOSTOLIC SECESSION ????? Where in the bible are those RULES, and for Apostolic Secession ??????? You will not find them in my KJV .

13) Did not this Act by Jesus , died OUT when they DIED ?????

14) Why Not , SINCE THERE are no more blood SACRIFICES , no more TEMPLE or Priests to conduct those SACRIFICES , so that leaves the RCC as imposters, pure and SIMPLE .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Can you Remit sin ?

Do we need to able to remit sins? Jesus gave ability that to His apostles before He paid the price of remission for all of us. So then what happens to us if we sin after we have had our sins remitted?

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" I John 2:1

Everyone can look directly to the Master, to Jesus!

As to imposters, my friend, all of us who have less than Jesus had, are imposters to the extent that we ever follow anything that is not of Him.

John,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Do we need to able to remit sins? Jesus gave ability that to His apostles before He paid the price of remission for all of us. So then what happens to us if we sin after we have had our sins remitted?

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" I John 2:1

Everyone can look directly to the Master, to Jesus!

As to imposters, my friend, all of us who have less than Jesus had, are imposters to the extent that we ever follow anything that is not of Him.

John,
Hi Amadeus , so how did they REMIT sins ?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
How does God work through anyone? His Spirit is limited only by His Word and by the people who quench the Spirit rather than believe in it.

God gave Jesus the authority and Jesus gave to those He sent out. If we have the authority from God then we can do anything in accord with His will and His Word.

Last edited by Amadeus : 06-20-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 AM
CatholicCrusader

Be careful Amadeus: You're starting to sound a lot like me.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post

Luke 11:4 "and forgive us our sins, for also we ourselves forgive every one indebted to us"

Matthew 18:18`Verily I say to you, Whatever things ye may bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever things ye may loose on the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.

John 3: 2 " beloved, now, children of God are we,"
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 AM
CatholicCrusader

Here is our POV: LINK
Old 06-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Can you Remit sin ?

Whosoever has received the Holy Ghost is able to remit sin. In line with post by NYF, the Holy Ghost sheds the love of God abroad the hearts of those who have received Him.

The love of God covers the multitude of sins: the more a saint loves a sinner with the love of God, the more such a saint is able to remit the sins of such an offender.

----
Grace and peace from God and from His Christ unto all!

Last edited by CI : 06-20-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CI View Post
Can you Remit sin ?

Whosoever has received the Holy Ghost is able to remit sin. In line with post by NYF, the Holy Ghost sheds the love of God abroad the hearts of those who have received Him.

The love of God covers the multitude of sins: the more a saint loves a sinner with the love of God, the more such a saint is able to remit the sins of such an offender.

----
Grace and peace from God and from His Christ unto all!
Did you adress John 20:22,23 , and the vehicle use to Remit sins ?