Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The renting of the vail

Old 06-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default The renting of the vail

When king saul tore the robe of the prophet Samuel, Samuel said . As sure as you have torn my robe , you have torn yourself from the kingdom of God. To say the high priest rent his robe or tore it right down the middle means the robes he wore wher no longer part of the kingdom of God. That means his tedachings are worthless. When the vail was torn right down the middle means that was no longer part of the kingdom of God and so then people could see the truth. That allso means the earthly teachings are no longer in effect so it means the OT was finished and obsolete. The robes thy wear don't mean their clothing, it means their wisdom and understanding that give the athority over people. ( Their teachings ) . I use the old testament for examples and history repeats itself in the word of God so I use it for understanding but I do not believe you can reach God there anymore. The vail was brought over to the new testament and all that belong to Jesus belong there. That is our covenant and it too is covered by a vail. When these teachings are made manafest , this vail too will be rent down the middle and our ciaphest is with us now. The robes the priest wear are not the phisical robe. Their robes are their teachings.

Last edited by colin : 06-17-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: The renting of the vail

Quote:
When king Saul tore the robe of the prophet Samuel, Samuel said . As sure as you have torn my robe, you have torn yourself from the kingdom of God.
Samuel was covered by the Word of God, by the Spirit of God. When Samuel spoke to the people, it was God speaking through him to the people. When people now ignore the Truth that a preacher preaches or that a prophet speaks, they are also tearing down God's Word and casting it aside in favor of their own garments, which the preachers who are tickling their ears are wearing.

Quote:
To say the high priest rent his robe or tore it right down the middle means the robes he wore were no longer part of the kingdom of God. That means his teachings are worthless. When the vail was torn right down the middle it means that it was no longer part of the kingdom of God and so then people could see the truth.
The high priest was not allowed to tear his clothes, but he did:

"Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy." Matt 26:65

"And he that is the high priest among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing oil was poured, and that is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not uncover his head, nor rend his clothes;" Lev 21:10

He, in effect, tore off the covering, which God had placed on Him. He had removed himself from God's kingdom!

Quote:
That also means the earthly teachings are no longer in effect so it means the OT was finished and obsolete. The robes they wear don't mean their clothing, it means their wisdom and understanding that give the authority over people. (Their teachings).
Man, who works so hard to put himself in positions of authority even in the things of God strips off what God has given him to wear and replaces it with his own garments. He removes the skins provided by God to Adam and Eve and puts his own figs leaves back on. He moves away from God instead of toward Him.

Quote:
I use the old testament for examples and history repeats itself in the word of God, so I use it for understanding, but I do not believe you can reach God there anymore. The vail was brought over to the new testament and all that belongs to Jesus belong there.
"That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past." Ecc 3:15

Quote:
That is our covenant and it too is covered by a vail. When these teachings are made manifest, this vail too will be rent down the middle and our ciaphest is with us now. The robes the priest wear are not the physical robe. Their robes are their teachings.
"But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." II Cor 3:15-18
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: The renting of the vail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Samuel was covered by the Word of God, by the Spirit of God. When Samuel spoke to the people, it was God speaking through him to the people. When people now ignore the Truth that a preacher preaches or that a prophet speaks, they are also tearing down God's Word and casting it aside in favor of their own garments, which the preachers who are tickling their ears are wearing.

The high priest was not allowed to tear his clothes, but he did:

"Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy." Matt 26:65

"And he that is the high priest among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing oil was poured, and that is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not uncover his head, nor rend his clothes;" Lev 21:10

He, in effect, tore off the covering, which God had placed on Him. He had removed himself from God's kingdom!

Man, who works so hard to put himself in positions of authority even in the things of God strips off what God has given him to wear and replaces it with his own garments. He removes the skins provided by God to Adam and Eve and puts his own figs leaves back on. He moves away from God instead of toward Him.

"That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past." Ecc 3:15

"But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." II Cor 3:15-18
Thank you Amadeus. I think when a man is robed with the skins of animals it means he is wearing the teachings of man or to say the beast or mark of the beast. The robes in the priesthood are suppose to be thr robes of rightousness but once torn he is now just somebody taken out of the seat of honour. Still good though brother. Seeking the truth and the kingdom of heaven, thats the way my friend. I liked a lot of your material John. It gets better all the time. Don't look back my friend.