Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Paul DID NOT Baptize or did he ?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:07 PM

Default Paul DID NOT Baptize or did he ?

Hi to all , Paul's ministry was different and Acts 21:21 , tells us so .

1) Many of the CovenantTheology and Acts 2 , position , say that Peter and Paul preached the same Gospel ???

2) 1 Cor 1:114-17 , say differentlly .

3) Paul in 1 Cor 14 , I thank God that I baptized none of you , but Cripus and Gaius ;

4) In v 16 , I also baptized Stephanas household BESIDES I know not whether I BAPTIZED ANY OTHER , PLEASE NOTE THIS , DID NOT Baptized any other .

5) Under the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit , Paul says , that I did not Baptized ANY OTHER .

6) Now Paul SAYS IN V17 , For Christ sent me NOT to baptize , BUT to preach the good news , not with wisdom of words , lest the CROSS of Christ should be made of NONE EFFECT .

7) The Greek word for NONE EFFECT is AKUROO , and it means " to render void , deprive of force or authority , just check W.E.Vine Greek dictionary .

8) So the text says that Paul only baptized , Crispus , Gaius , and the household of Stephanas and that is it and the text says so in verse 16 .

9) In Acts 18:8 , we see that Crispus was a chief ruler in a synagogue and I believe that those that Paul baptized were all Jews .

10) Paul did not associate with Gentiles, until Acts 13:2 and Acts 15:23 .

11) The 12 disciples HAD to baptize in Matt 28:19-20 and in Mark 16:15-18 .

12) And we know that Baptism was GIVEN to Israel ONLY and not given to Gentiles , and IF you disagree , show me a verse in context ?

13) Read Matt 3:1-11 and you will see that it was given to Israel , and the context is Israel , and do you see Gentiles here ????

14) You see that even Peter got into trouble in Acts 11:1-3 .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Paul DID NOT Baptize or did he ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all , Paul's ministry was different and Acts 21:21 , tells us so .

1) Many of the CovenantTheology and Acts 2 , position , say that Peter and Paul preached the same Gospel ???

2) 1 Cor 1:114-17 , say differentlly .

3) Paul in 1 Cor 14 , I thank God that I baptized none of you , but Cripus and Gaius ;

4) In v 16 , I also baptized Stephanas household BESIDES I know not whether I BAPTIZED ANY OTHER , PLEASE NOTE THIS , DID NOT Baptized any other .

5) Under the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit , Paul says , that I did not Baptized ANY OTHER .

6) Now Paul SAYS IN V17 , For Christ sent me NOT to baptize , BUT to preach the good news , not with wisdom of words , lest the CROSS of Christ should be made of NONE EFFECT .

7) The Greek word for NONE EFFECT is AKUROO , and it means " to render void , deprive of force or authority , just check W.E.Vine Greek dictionary .

8) So the text says that Paul only baptized , Crispus , Gaius , and the household of Stephanas and that is it and the text says so in verse 16 .

9) In Acts 18:8 , we see that Crispus was a chief ruler in a synagogue and I believe that those that Paul baptized were all Jews .

10) Paul did not associate with Gentiles, until Acts 13:2 and Acts 15:23 .

11) The 12 disciples HAD to baptize in Matt 28:19-20 and in Mark 16:15-18 .

12) And we know that Baptism was GIVEN to Israel ONLY and not given to Gentiles , and IF you disagree , show me a verse in context ?

13) Read Matt 3:1-11 and you will see that it was given to Israel , and the context is Israel , and do you see Gentiles here ????

14) You see that even Peter got into trouble in Acts 11:1-3 .
Man, you belong in the sinagogs. Do you think paul was not an apostal to the gentiles. Do you understand that teaching earthly understanding or wisdom is baptising, Well with water anyway. I don't get your point are you trying to say the Jews are part of Gods kingdom and we aren't. News flash. Spiritually speaking ,we are the isrealites. Their teachings came to us by way of Jesus christ. Your teachings expose your beliefs. People who believe in Jesus are christians and those who reject him are not. Those who follow the new testament and his testamony are his people. Do you not know that peter was a jew and his name was simon and he started the church of Jesus christ. They became catholics and not jews. You try define the letter of the law ,with the letter of the law, to justify you thoughts . Find faith and believe what you do not see in the letter of the law. Ther are a lot of people here with good faith and many with great faith. You would do better to follow and listen. I'm sure the lord sent you here for some reason. Pls do not be offended, I just don't get what you are doing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Man, you belong in the sinagogs. Do you think paul was not an apostal to the gentiles. Do you understand that teaching earthly understanding or wisdom is baptising, Well with water anyway. I don't get your point are you trying to say the Jews are part of Gods kingdom and we aren't. News flash. Spiritually speaking ,we are the isrealites. Their teachings came to us by way of Jesus christ. Your teachings expose your beliefs. People who believe in Jesus are christians and those who reject him are not. Those who follow the new testament and his testamony are his people. Do you not know that peter was a jew and his name was simon and he started the church of Jesus christ. They became catholics and not jews. You try define the letter of the law ,with the letter of the law, to justify you thoughts . Find faith and believe what you do not see in the letter of the law. Ther are a lot of people here with good faith and many with great faith. You would do better to follow and listen. I'm sure the lord sent you here for some reason. Pls do not be offended, I just don't get what you are doing.
Hi colin , yes Paul is the Apostle to the Gentiles

1) Paul NEVER preached what the 12 disciples preached

2) Where is the word Catholic mention in the Bible ?

3) I am NOT OFFENDED .

4) I Am not the only one who holds to these views.

5) What is your definition of New Testament ?????
Old 06-19-2009, 01:32 PM

I too am not certain what the central point is.Is it to argue that baptism is not required for Christians? Actually two (2) different baptisms are required according to the Savior for all of humanity.

John 3:3-7 (Contemporary English Version)

3Jesus replied, "I tell you for certain that you must be born from above before you can see God's kingdom!"

4Nicodemus asked, "How can a grown man ever be born a second time?"

5Jesus answered:

I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Spirit. 6Humans give life to their children. Yet only God's Spirit can change you into a child of God. 7Don't be surprised when I say that you must be born from above.

The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!
Old 06-19-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrank View Post
I too am not certain what the central point is.Is it to argue that baptism is not required for Christians? Actually two (2) different baptisms are required according to the Savior for all of humanity.

John 3:3-7 (Contemporary English Version)

3Jesus replied, "I tell you for certain that you must be born from above before you can see God's kingdom!"

4Nicodemus asked, "How can a grown man ever be born a second time?"

5Jesus answered:

I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Spirit. 6Humans give life to their children. Yet only God's Spirit can change you into a child of God. 7Don't be surprised when I say that you must be born from above.
Hi DR Frank , glad to present my views .

1) In Matt 3: 6 , they were baptized CONFESSING their sins, I was NOT required to do this when I was baptized !!!

2) As a Baptist , I was told that we follow the Lord in Baptism . How is that possible ??
#1 , Jesus was 30 years old when He was baptized ( Luke 3:23 )
#2 , He was baptized in the river Jordan ( Matt 3:13 )
#3 , was baptized by John the Baptist ( Matt 3:13 )
#4 , Jesus fulfilled all righteouness ( Matt 3:15 )
#5 , Jesus was made manifest to Israel ( John 1:31 )

3) Then there is the Baptism of Matt28:19,20, Baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit . What does it means in v20 , teaching them to observe ALL things I have commanded you , what does this mean??????

4) And what about Mark 16:15-18 , and v 16 be baptized and you are saved , WATER SAVES ?????? Tongues , cast out demons , take up serpents, drink any deadly thing , and did you do that ????

5) What about the blood of Christ , that does NOT save anymore ?????

6) Then what about Acts 2:38 ????

7) Then the baptism of 1 Cor 15:29 , baptism for the dead ????

8) Then the baptism of 1 Cor 12:13 ???

9) Then in Eph 4:5 , where Paul says that their is only ONE BAPTISM , and does ONE mean ONE ??????
Old 06-19-2009, 03:01 PM

I thought that the great commission was "....go to Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth (that would mean gentiles), making disciples of all nations, baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit..."
Old 06-19-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamtheConqueror View Post
I thought that the great commission was "....go to Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth (that would mean gentiles), making disciples of all nations, baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit..."
Hi WilliamtheConqueror , I believe that was what should have happened , BUT THEY killed their Messiah and then Israel was set aside at Acts 28:28 .

Christ then saved Saul , in Acts 9 and revealed a new Dispensation that was HID IN GOD in Eph 3:19 , v5 , and there are many verses that say the same thing .

Do you see God working through Israel , today ??????? Not for over 2000 years .