Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Acts 2:38 really means ?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Default Acts 2:38 really means ?

Hi to all , and I no, that many hold a different view , BUT this needs to be explained , for Baptism is much Mis-understood .

1) Some it is a dry Baptism and some say it is a wet water Baptism , and then they say that you have to Baptize in the " name of Jesus " or in the name of the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit , so what is the right one .

2) I will go into the others as time permits.

3) We all need to see that the context , and Historically and Dispensationally, is talking about Israel at that POINT in time .

4_ Acts 2:22 is our Context , ye men of Israel .

5) In verse 36 , the Context is still the House of Israel .

6) Does anyone see Gentiles here ?????

7) I verse 36 , Peter says that assurelly , that God hath made that same Jesus , whom ye have CRUCIFIED both Lord ( Lord means Jehovah ) and Christ ,( Christ means Messiah )

7) Then in verse 37 , the Jews after hearing Peter , and being pricked in their hearts said to Peter and the rest of the Apostles , Men and brethren , WHAT SHALL WE DO ?????

8) DO ABOUT WHAT ????

9) We killed Him , and we can NOT bring Him back , what can we do ???

10) Then in verse 38 , Peter tells them what they can do , about the murder of Jesus .

11)Then Peter said unto them , Repent ( of the murder ) , and be Baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of that sin , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit .

12) This Baptism was ONLY for Israel ,

13) This cleansing IS for the MURDER , was for Israel ONLY , FOR they had Him killed .

14) This Baptism , was NOT for Gentiles .

15) There are NO Christians here at ALL .

16) This Baptism was Historically TO happen , ONLY one time and that TIME was then and NOT NOW .

17) The Context demands IT , and as with the UN-pardonable sin that Only Israel could ONLY commit , Only Israel could have Jesus Crucified Acts 2:36 .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Acts 2:38 really means ?

do?”
38 Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is to you, and to your children, and even to the Gentiles[h]—all who have been called by the Lord our God.” 40 Then Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation!”

What kind of bible are you reading from?
and yes I do see Gentiles here. if you will notice it will be 2 lines down and over.to the right
Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Knight of the Forum

The gentiles of scripture are any heathens without regard to their natural genealogies. The real Israelites are God people without regard to their natural genealogies. Rehab the Canaanite harlot was no heathen at the end, but one of God's people. Both Ruth, the Moabitess, and Namaan the Syrian were naturally born gentiles, but they became people of God, Israelites.

Most of the natural tribes of Israel died in the wilderness because they were heathen, that is to say, they were gentiles in the eyes of God. Most of the natural children of Israel in the days that Jesus ministered to men in the flesh were also gentiles in their spirit and they also died in their sins.

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" John 1:11-13
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
The gentiles of scripture are any heathens without regard to their natural genealogies. The real Israelites are God people without regard to their natural genealogies. Rehab the Canaanite harlot was no heathen at the end, but one of God's people. Both Ruth, the Moabitess, and Namaan the Syrian were naturally born gentiles, but they became people of God, Israelites.

Most of the natural tribes of Israel died in the wilderness because they were heathen, that is to say, they were gentiles in the eyes of God. Most of the natural children of Israel in the days that Jesus ministered to men in the flesh were also gentiles in their spirit and they also died in their sins.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" John 1:11-13
Hi Amadeus , and those you mention in the above post became Jews , or they could not stay with Israel .

1) You say that natural Jews died in the wilderness BUT their chilren were the one to enter the Promised Land .

2) You say that THEY were Gentiles in the eyes of God ,and I TRUST THAT YOU HAVE A VERSE FOR THAT ????
Old 06-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi Amadeus , and those you mention in the above post became Jews , or they could not stay with Israel .

1) You say that natural Jews died in the wilderness BUT their chilren were the one to enter the Promised Land .

2) You say that THEY were Gentiles in the eyes of God ,and I TRUST THAT YOU HAVE A VERSE FOR THAT ????
"For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people." Lev 18:29

When they were cut off they would they not be either dead naturally or exiled or excommunicated? They would as bad or worse than the natural gentiles. They were no longer a "a people"

"But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me." Rom 10:19-20

"For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:3-6

The natural children entered the promised land, but they messed up there too did they not, even as most people [natural Jew or natural gentile] are messing up today in the eyes of God? What the natural Jews had that was special, they gave away by their own foolishness. Christianity has done the same thing. There were exceptions among the natural Jews as there are exceptions among the natural Christians, but in both cases, very few.

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matt 7:14
Old 06-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:

Thank you ,thank you , thank you
Old 06-19-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
"For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people." Lev 18:29

When they were cut off they would they not be either dead naturally or exiled or excommunicated? They would as bad or worse than the natural gentiles. They were no longer a "a people"

"But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me." Rom 10:19-20

"For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:3-6

The natural children entered the promised land, but they messed up there too did they not, even as most people [natural Jew or natural gentile] are messing up today in the eyes of God? What the natural Jews had that was special, they gave away by their own foolishness. Christianity has done the same thing. There were exceptions among the natural Jews as there are exceptions among the natural Christians, but in both cases, very few.

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matt 7:14
Hi AMADEMUS , A lot of words that I can read BUT that do not fit the Context .
Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Hi AMADEMUS , A lot of words that I can read BUT that do not fit the Context .
The context? Is that your context or God's? Apparently you disagree with what I see. I am sorry that we cannot agree. Let us both pray that God will bring us into His Truth, whatever it is. He is able! Glory to His name!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
The context? Is that your context or God's? Apparently you disagree with what I see. I am sorry that we cannot agree. Let us both pray that God will bring us into His Truth, whatever it is. He is able! Glory to His name!
Hi Amadeus , I can agree with that , and the rules for interpreation sre

# 1 , Context
#2 , Historical
#3 , Grammerical
#4 , Dispensation
#5 , 2 Tim 2:15
#6 , Phil 1:10 , to test the things that are DIFFERING .

If you disagree with my Context , then you should point it out , and not just say that you disagree !!!!!! and point out your Context . Agreed ?

Last edited by danp : 06-19-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Hi Amadeus , I can agree with that , and the rules for interpreation sre

# 1 , Context
#2 , Historical
#3 , Grammerical
#4 , Dispensation
#5 , 2 Tim 2:15
#6 , Phil 1:10 , to test the things that are DIFFERING .
You give your rules or man's rules, at least, for #1 through #4!

For #5:

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15

Is not this scripture giving us a way to proceed as an act of obedience rather than a way to find God's Truth? If it were the way to find God's Truth, then wouldn't the smartest and best students of the Bible would have God's Truth better than anyone else?

This was not the way it was among the scribes and Pharisees and Saducees when Jesus ministered 2,000 years ago, so why should it be the way today. Would not the following verse be a better description of how to find God's Truth?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;" Phil 1:10

We should approve things that "are excellent" , but how do we know, which ones they are without the guidance of God's Spirit? Can we trust any man or church group to show those things. They have different answers, so how can we judge rightly? Isn't the answer here also the Holy Ghost?

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8