Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > King David

Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default King David

When the prophet Samuel was looking for the one God's chosen he sent Samuel to the priest Jesse and his sons were in the fields tending their flocks, You know to me that means they were preachers of his religion but there is a time were Samuel put the stones in his hands and to see who God had chosen Samuel put the stones in his hands and when he did this in front of David, the stones gave light. The stones are teachings of ther bible and his hands are his council and when David heard them he explainede them . That is what it meant when he said they gave light. When David went up against Galieth, Galieth means to me a man of gall and full of lies. Then david put the stones in his sling. Well a man of God does not use the sword or the teachings of the word considered as the sword so he used words of greater value then the sands and to through them at Galieth's head means he used God's teachings to slay galieth. You know that is the mark on the forhead with the mark of the beast. You know, like he put the mark on cain.
Actually, these teachings are allso instructions on how to take down the galieth of the day. God works in funny ways ,he allways makes me laugh.

Last edited by colin : 06-15-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: King David

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
When the prophet Samuel was looking for the one God's chosen he sent Samuel to the priest Jesse and his sons were in the fields tending their flocks, You know to me that means they were preachers of his religion but there is a time were Samuel put the stones in his hands and to see who God had chosen Samuel put the stones in his hands and when he did this in front of David, the stones gave light. The stones are teachings of ther bible and his hands are his council and when David heard them he explainede them . That is what it meant when he said they gave light. When David went up against Galieth, Galieth means to me a man of gall and full of lies. Then david put the stones in his sling. Well a man of God does not use the sword or the teachings of the word considered as the sword so he used words of greater value then the sands and to through them at Galieth's head means he used God's teachings to slay galieth. You know that is the mark on the forhead with the mark of the beast. You know, like he put the mark on cain.
Actually, these teachings are allso instructions on how to take down the galieth of the day. God works in funny ways ,he allways makes me laugh.

Wow, Colin, God was speaking to me this morning of David also. It came to me how David was a shadow of Christianity. That as a young shepherd walking with God, he took on Goliath (the Pagans and Jews) and defeated them against all odds though the strength of the Spirit. Then he grew into a great king as Christianity has grown strong today and thinks it rules the world. But the Psalms shows us how he could one moment sing God's praises and in the next despair that God abandoned him. How like our modern faith: flopping emotionally in the wind filled one moment with faith, then doubt the next moment. And as David grew powerful, he coveted the wife of another man and plotted his death to take his Bride. Oh Lord, Colin, is that not what we do as we try to define ourselves who will be the Bride of Christ and who will stand? We crucify again our Savior to make His Bride our own.

You're right, God works in funny ways. Interesting that He was speaking to both of us about David this morning.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
Wow, Colin, God was speaking to me this morning of David also. It came to me how David was a shadow of Christianity. That as a young shepherd walking with God, he took on Goliath (the Pagans and Jews) and defeated them against all odds though the strength of the Spirit. Then he grew into a great king as Christianity has grown strong today and thinks it rules the world. But the Psalms shows us how he could one moment sing God's praises and in the next despair that God abandoned him. How like our modern faith: flopping emotionally in the wind filled one moment with faith, then doubt the next moment. And as David grew powerful, he coveted the wife of another man and plotted his death to take his Bride. Oh Lord, Colin, is that not what we do as we try to define ourselves who will be the Bride of Christ and who will stand? We crucify again our Savior to make His Bride our own.

You're right, God works in funny ways. Interesting that He was speaking to both of us about David this morning.
You know something Peggy. That was pretty good
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
You know something Peggy. That was pretty good

My husband said I had this really strange look on my face when it came to me: I never think of King David!