Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > My Problem

Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default My Problem

I need you guys to forgive me. My problem is that I see what most things in the bible mean Spiritually and to me the rest doesn't make sence. Even like Jesus was born in bethlaham , To me that means He was born in a place of understanding. Or if thy say he was a nazerine , to me that means a place in the wilderness or a place where people bare the mark of the beast, you know , clothed with the skins of animals. Locust means to me the lowly, cursed of the earth and even eating means being feed the teachings. everyting has a new meaning for me and it feels like I can't get through to people. You know when I see king Herod and the Romans , I see peter or the pope siding up with he romans and becommng the roman catolics. When I see Paul was a Roman, becomming a chrstian I see Paul being a roman catholic and finding the same teachings like me. When they say he killed christians I see him teaching them the sword or word of flesh. I see before and now and the word and the creation or the world outside as the same thing. I see the word as alive and us living in it and the word first written and then created. That is why I say everything is prophecy. I see all those other religions in this world and see us making the same mistakes they did.

Well, this is my problem but I have to stick with it. otherwise I feel I betrayed the one who saved me. I really love the Lord and I don't just mean I love speaking about him but I love evething about him. I don't care about maricles, I see the real maricles. I see the worlds he created with his hands.

I know I'm not allways right but I believe when we teach the earthly teachings of the new testament we are following John the baptice and not Jesus at all. I believe Jesus is above John and that to means the spiritual understanding of the New testament.

Last edited by colin : 06-14-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 AM
CatholicCrusader

Default Re: My Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
......My problem is that I see what most things in the bible mean Spiritually and to me the rest doesn't make sence......
Two things.

1) God became man and entered into the world. That is REAL - it is a physical fact. It is the "Incarnational Principle". God has always worked through men (Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, the prophets, etc.) and he has always worked through "things (the ark, manna, locusts, earthquakes, Jesus rubbing mud in the man's eyes, etc. etc.). The Bible does speak on a spiritual level, but it also speaks on a litteral level. Events in the Bible really did happen. Jesus really DID multiply fish and loaves of bread: John really did baptise with water in the Jordan. And that brings us to point #2

2) Embrace the "both/and" point of view, not the "either/or" point of view. Regarding baptisim, its not either water OR spirit, but instead it is Water AND Spirit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I need you guys to forgive me. My problem is that I see what most things in the bible mean Spiritually and to me the rest doesn't make sence. Even like Jesus was born in bethlaham , To me that means He was born in a place of understanding. Or if thy say he was a nazerine , to me that means a place in the wilderness or a place where people bare the mark of the beast, you know , clothed with the skins of animals. Locust means to me the lowly, cursed of the earth and even eating means being feed the teachings. everyting has a new meaning for me and it feels like I can't get through to people. You know when I see king Herod and the Romans , I see peter or the pope siding up with he romans and becommng the roman catolics. When I see Paul was a Roman, becomming a chrstian I see Paul being a roman catholic and finding the same teachings like me. When they say he killed christians I see him teaching them the sword or word of flesh. I see before and now and the word and the creation or the world outside as the same thing. I see the word as alive and us living in it and the word first written and then created. That is why I say everything is prophecy. I see all those other religions in this world and see us making the same mistakes they did.

Well, this is my problem but I have to stick with it. otherwise I feel I betrayed the one who saved me. I really love the Lord and I don't just mean I love speaking about him but I love evething about him. I don't care about maricles, I see the real maricles. I see the worlds he created with his hands.

I know I'm not allways right but I believe when we teach the earthly teachings of the new testament we are following John the baptice and not Jesus at all. I believe Jesus is above John and that to means the spiritual understanding of the New testament.
Colin - dear brother - there is nothing to forgive!!! Do not apologize for seeing with spiritual eyes: that is what we should all be striving for. Yes, you must be true to yourself and to the work God is creating in you. While I may still be partially blind, God has been opening my spiritual eyes in a very different way the past 2 years. You have been a tool that He has used on occasion to help me see and I praise Him for that. We all fail at times, Colin, in seeing things of God correctly whether it is that we look to our own understanding, we rush ahead of God, or that He limits our vision for a time, but we push on in Him, seeking His guidance, allowing the Spirit to lead us deeper and deeper into the truth. Forge on, brother; keep your eyes on Him and don't look back at us. Stand with Him, Colin. Be blessed: Peggy
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Two things.

1) God became man and entered into the world. That is REAL - it is a physical fact. It is the "Incarnational Principle". God has always worked through men (Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, the prophets, etc.) and he has always worked through "things (the ark, manna, locusts, earthquakes, Jesus rubbing mud in the man's eyes, etc. etc.). The Bible does speak on a spiritual level, but it also speaks on a litteral level. Events in the Bible really did happen. Jesus really DID multiply fish and loaves of bread: John really did baptise with water in the Jordan. And that brings us to point #2

2) Embrace the "both/and" point of view, not the "either/or" point of view. Regarding baptisim, its not either water OR spirit, but instead it is Water AND Spirit.
Sorry crusader. Not trying to pick on you there. Anway, I disagree. I think you have to choose one or the other. And even when you say water, that means wisdom to me. Multiplying fish is what you are doing thought. Isn't that funny. The broad walk means you are moving far away from God in error. You can not worship God and man at the same time. The word of God and the words of man say two complety differant things. To me the thoughts of man are rediculas. The enemy is the deciever, if the words have two understandings they are decieving people. My understanding is not your understanding. Only one is right. It's me hahahaha.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
Colin - dear brother - there is nothing to forgive!!! Do not apologize for seeing with spiritual eyes: that is what we should all be striving for. Yes, you must be true to yourself and to the work God is creating in you. While I may still be partially blind, God has been opening my spiritual eyes in a very different way the past 2 years. You have been a tool that He has used on occasion to help me see and I praise Him for that. We all fail at times, Colin, in seeing things of God correctly whether it is that we look to our own understanding, we rush ahead of God, or that He limits our vision for a time, but we push on in Him, seeking His guidance, allowing the Spirit to lead us deeper and deeper into the truth. Forge on, brother; keep your eyes on Him and don't look back at us. Stand with Him, Colin. Be blessed: Peggy
Bless you too . You just made my day. Love you Peggy
Old 06-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:

Just keep on sharing what the Lord has given you colin. We all make mistakes, but the worst mistake would be to deny what is in you heart. We love you colin. Give God all of the glory!