Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Pick up your mantle

Old 06-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Pick up your mantle

There is a teaching where the lord heals the paralyzed man and say to him pick up your mantle and walk. I would never tell you the word of God is not true. I will tell you that if you do not understand it in the tongues of angels or if you do not understand what it means spiritually your thoughts of the truth are in error. It is like your teachings with out the spirit are slaying you and you are not dead but laying idle in you understanding and the teachings are you bed or mantle. To pick up your mantle you have to interpret every teaching and then you start to move and are able to walk. The mantle then becomes the true teachings of God and never again can the understanding of man enslave you or put you in bondage of those who have known the truth but chosen not to reveal it.

It is like when the lord said to cane , the earth shall not yield it strength to you and he was driven out from the face of the earth.If you understand it in the spiritual language that says the earthly teachings will no longer give you power over the people and they will chase you out of the church or religion

Not to go into what happened to Cain is what happened to the Jews at the time of Jesus but if you pick up your teaching it is like picking up your mantle and then you start to walk upright in the eyes of God and understand the truth.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Pick up your mantle

In other words what God spoke is True without a doubt. Our perception that Truth is another thing. God alone gives us the “eyes to see” and the “ears to hear”. Natural eyes, ears and brain will not bring us to His Truth. We must have His direction, His help, or we cannot get there.

“…for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” II Cor 3:6

Our mantle is our covering, which is the covering that comes from God alone through Jesus. It keeps out the lies and allows the Truth, God’s Truth to enter into our heart.

The mantle or covering is God’s Spirit through which the Truth must come. If we quench it, we will receive a delusion and end up believing that we have something, when we really have nothing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Knight of the Forum

when you talk about our covering being the Holy Spirit, how many times have we { or I should say me} have been led astray by the devil thinking we was right.
When we first started singing the we let the devil put stars in our eyes. we got to travel and see alot of things but it wasent the Lords will for us, at that time.

now we can see that, your right! we needed eyes to see and ears to hear, the Spirit will lead in all ways if only we will listen. Lord help my hearing!!..........Dewayne
Old 06-13-2009, 12:11 PM

I can't seem to find where Jesus told this person to take up his mantle and walk,but in 2Kings 2/13-14;The mantle of Elijah is what I believe is not as Coiln spoke about being a teaching but a faith.Which is what this person recieve from the Lord to walk with.Also in Ephesians 6/16;It speaks about the "Shield of Faith"which is able to quench(bring to no effect)all the fiery darts of the enemy.This is what we are to wear(faith)to show our rank with God and other believers.Its as the Apostle Paul outlined in 1Corinthians 15/32-33(read)
Its not biblical Faith that is causing us to stumble/fall but the teachings of it,that has many as Dwayne pointed out,faslely confessing Christ,and coming to ruins by it!When we wear our faith as the Apostles did,we can see as the prophet Elisha did what the Power of God can do!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinblanco View Post
I can't seem to find where Jesus told this person to take up his mantle and walk,but in 2Kings 2/13-14;The mantle of Elijah is what I believe is not as Coiln spoke about being a teaching but a faith.Which is what this person recieve from the Lord to walk with.Also in Ephesians 6/16;It speaks about the "Shield of Faith"which is able to quench(bring to no effect)all the fiery darts of the enemy.This is what we are to wear(faith)to show our rank with God and other believers.Its as the Apostle Paul outlined in 1Corinthians 15/32-33(read)
Its not biblical Faith that is causing us to stumble/fall but the teachings of it,that has many as Dwayne pointed out,faslely confessing Christ,and coming to ruins by it!When we wear our faith as the Apostles did,we can see as the prophet Elisha did what the Power of God can do!

When you pick up your mantle it becomes the mantel of truth. Your right about the faith. that is the mantle of truth. When you recieve truth you roll up yoiur teaching as a mantle.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
In other words what God spoke is True without a doubt. Our perception that Truth is another thing. God alone gives us the “eyes to see” and the “ears to hear”. Natural eyes, ears and brain will not bring us to His Truth. We must have His direction, His help, or we cannot get there.

“…for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” II Cor 3:6

Our mantle is our covering, which is the covering that comes from God alone through Jesus. It keeps out the lies and allows the Truth, God’s Truth to enter into our heart.

The mantle or covering is God’s Spirit through which the Truth must come. If we quench it, we will receive a delusion and end up believing that we have something, when we really have nothing.

I love you John. Close enough my friend. Close enough