Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Love

Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Love

God so loved us he gave us Jesus. Jesus said if you love me ,feed my sheep. You father in this world feeds you every day, God feeds you the daily bread every day but his bread is the bread of life or the bread of understanding. God teaches us as a father teaches a son by giving us rules to live by. God supplies us a spiritual house and clothes us with spiritual robes. God does everything a father would do for his children but it is all done spiritually. He feeds our soul and when you thirst for knoledge he gives us the waters of wisdom to drink. When we are sick he supplies us with doctors and I don't mean phisically. He sends us to school to study but it is the bible and supplies us with teachers.
A ruller is used to draw a straight line and God gave us rullers to set a line across the earth for us to follow. God gave us hands of council and any man that can use his hands will never be without or in need.
The world trys confussing you to believe god is phisical but God is Spirit.
Jesus said the greatest love is when a man lay down his life for another. This too is spiritual. When you see the spirit above every teaching it, is from that you are created and it is from that you live so this is your life and to teach it is to lay down you life for others. When I tell you guys I love you I don't mean it as the love of this world. When I say I love the Lord , I mean it truthfully and do as he asked. If you truly love the Lord you feed his sheep.

There is a great confusion in this world now it it is that people have confussed the phisical with the spiritual. When you understand , the confusion is gone.

Last edited by colin : 06-10-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Love

Now a secondary Question.......how do you feed his sheep?
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
God so loved us he gave us Jesus. Jesus said if you love me ,feed my sheep. You father in this world feeds you every day, God feeds you the daily bread every day but his bread is the bread of life or the bread of understanding.
God provides the daily Bread that we need, but like naturally disobedient children, many of us have decided that we do not want or do not like what He sets on our plate.

Quote:
God teaches us as a father teaches a son by giving us rules to live by. God supplies us a spiritual house and clothes us with spiritual robes. God does everything a father would do for his children but it is all done spiritually. He feeds our soul and when you thirst for knoledge he gives us the waters of wisdom to drink. When we are sick he supplies us with doctors and I don't mean phisically. He sends us to school to study but it is the bible and supplies us with teachers.
God teaches and God supplies, but like the horse led to water, He cannot force to to drink. He gave us the choice, and He will not remove it even when the result will poison our hearts against Him.

Quote:
A ruler is used to draw a straight line and God gave us rulers to set a line across the earth for us to follow. God gave us hands of council and any man that can use his hands will never be without or in need.
Unless he chooses by His action or inaction to be there [without or in need].

Quote:
The world tries confusing you to believe god is physical, but God is
Spirit.
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:24

Quote:
Jesus said the greatest love is when a man lay down his life for another. This too is spiritual. When you see the spirit above every teaching it, is from that you are created and it is from that you live so this is your life and to teach it is to lay down you life for others.

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

Quote:
When I tell you guys I love you I don't mean it as the love of this world. When I say I love the Lord , I mean it truthfully and do as he asked. If you truly love the Lord you feed his sheep.
That is why some of us are here, colin, to feed one another with what God has given us. Glory to His name!

Quote:
There is a great confusion in this world now it it is that people have confused the physical with the spiritual. When you understand , the confusion is gone.

Many of us are still too much of a mixture colin! We have some of what God really wants us to have, but we also have some of what "WE" think God wants us to have. We need His help here.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Heneni

When jesus told peter to feed his sheep he was talking about the unregenerated jews. Peter was sent to the jews. Our (the gentiles) shephard is jesus, and we are fed by him through the work of the HS. There is more than one flock of sheep. There are the gentiles and a remnant of jews saved by grace, and then there is the rest of the jews. The gentiles are the 'dogs' which get the crumbs from the childrens table (israel), having no history with the god of israel, yet although they did not search for Him, they found him, because He drew them unto him. He is the one that provides for the gentiles, he is their personal shephard and are fed by Him. The jews who are not saved by grace does not have the indwelling of the HS, and therefore need to be fed by shephards (peter for example). In the OT God had shephards to feed his flock. Some shephards were feeding themselves instead of the flock. God used shephards in the OT to feed his flock, and that would continue through peter as he brings the gospel to the jews. The gentiles have but one shephard, Jesus, who through the indwelling of the HS feeds us. The non-remnant jews who have not recieved mercy now, need to still be fed by shephards as in the OT. The OT is full of gods indignation against shephards who fail to feed his flock. At this moment the gentiles and a remant of jews who are saved by grace is the main big flock. When the unregenerated jews are saved (and all of israel WILL be saved) the lost sheep of JEWS will be brought into the flock. Before the crucifixtion we were not sheep. After the crucifixtion we were in the fold, and the jews became the lost sheep. (excluding the remant of jews)

Somehow i think i repeated myself a few times. Sorry.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:47 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinghiswill View Post
Now a secondary Question.......how do you feed his sheep?
Jesus said that to Peter, not to all disciples
Old 06-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Any sheppard needs to know how to feed thier sheep.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Anyman that feeds the lord when he hungers and gives him to drink when he thirsts,or clothes him when he is naked, , Jesus said i tell you true you do this to me. Do you think passing some one a wafer and saying the body of christ is feeding his people.

Last edited by colin : 06-10-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heneni View Post
When jesus told peter to feed his sheep he was talking about the unregenerated jews. Peter was sent to the jews. Our (the gentiles) shephard is jesus, and we are fed by him through the work of the HS. There is more than one flock of sheep. There are the gentiles and a remnant of jews saved by grace, and then there is the rest of the jews. The gentiles are the 'dogs' which get the crumbs from the childrens table (israel), having no history with the god of israel, yet although they did not search for Him, they found him, because He drew them unto him. He is the one that provides for the gentiles, he is their personal shephard and are fed by Him. The jews who are not saved by grace does not have the indwelling of the HS, and therefore need to be fed by shephards (peter for example). In the OT God had shephards to feed his flock. Some shephards were feeding themselves instead of the flock. God used shephards in the OT to feed his flock, and that would continue through peter as he brings the gospel to the jews. The gentiles have but one shephard, Jesus, who through the indwelling of the HS feeds us. The non-remnant jews who have not recieved mercy now, need to still be fed by shephards as in the OT. The OT is full of gods indignation against shephards who fail to feed his flock. At this moment the gentiles and a remant of jews who are saved by grace is the main big flock. When the unregenerated jews are saved (and all of israel WILL be saved) the lost sheep of JEWS will be brought into the flock. Before the crucifixtion we were not sheep. After the crucifixtion we were in the fold, and the jews became the lost sheep. (excluding the remant of jews)

Somehow i think i repeated myself a few times. Sorry.
Sorry, The Jews handed him over to be crusified. We are his people.