Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Learned a Great Lesson This Weekend

Old 06-09-2009, 03:41 PM
RollingThunder

Default Learned a Great Lesson This Weekend

There was something this past weekend that almost came to a boil and I was at whits end as to how to respond and if I should. So I prayed, I asked two others of whom I hold in the highest regard here to pray. I was given words of wisdom by both and both have prayed. At the time I believe both were praying, I recalled a monologue from a movie I saw a couple times. It went something like this.....

If we pray to God for humility, does he give us humility or an opportunity to be humble.....If we pray for patience, does he give patience, or an opportunity to be patient.

I think in my case, giving me the patience I prayed for is the easy way, and presenting me the opportunity to be patient is to show my Love for Him.

Anyway, thats all.

Blessings,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Learned a Great Lesson This Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
There was something this past weekend that almost came to a boil and I was at whits end as to how to respond and if I should. So I prayed, I asked two others of whom I hold in the highest regard here to pray. I was given words of wisdom by both and both have prayed. At the time I believe both were praying, I recalled a monologue from a movie I saw a couple times. It went something like this.....

If we pray to God for humility, does he give us humility or an opportunity to be humble.....If we pray for patience, does he give patience, or an opportunity to be patient.

I think in my case, giving me the patience I prayed for is the easy way, and presenting me the opportunity to be patient is to show my Love for Him.

Anyway, thats all.

Blessings,
Thank you, Shannon, for sharing this. Isn't it wonderful how He always knows what we need and supplies it regardless what we think is needed? I'm glad you had others to turn to also for support and prayer. This site is great for that! Be blessed in your walk with Him, Peggy
Old 06-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Heneni

Default Re: Learned a Great Lesson This Weekend

Im guessing evan almighty was the movie?

Heneni
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!