True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The bride of Christ.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 AM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default The bride of Christ.

In the beginning when God created Adam he was the first formed son and God created him a bride. She was flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone. Now Adam was created in the likeness of God or better to say image. But woman was created in the likeness of man. So speaking spiritually Eve was his church or the bride of Adam. So when they are one, all born in his church was Adam. But know when Jesus was born he was born of the same nature of God . Truly man and truly God. That means the life he lived was the exact life of the word of God and his nature was exactly the same as the spiritual teachings. So being born of his flesh is the same as being born of the Spirit so the woman or church is undefiled by the teachings of man. So an undefiled woman is considered a virgin. So if we are flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone we are his bride but the very moment you teach the teachings of man from the old testament the church is defiled. Now you would think this means there is no hope but not so. Every body thinks we are born again and that is it but I tell you the church can be born again. When we translate the heavenly teachings into earthly teachings we are born as woman ( we the church ) and at that point we are born again and an undefiled church. Now the new testament is his flesh .
This has to do with the trinity. The father's nature is the spiritual understanding and that is the divine nature. The son has the nature of man but not so with Jesus. Jesus' nature was the same nature of God and the life he lived was the exact same as the life of the spiritual word of God with men. Now when that nature is revealed and the spiritual teachings come into you the spirit with you is the holy Spirit. You see many people were filled with the holy Spirit before Jesus like John but none of them lived the life of the word and showed God's nature as divine in the life he lived as a man.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Mark51's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

The “Bride of the Lamb” (Jesus Christ) is also referred to as the “New Jerusalem.” (Revelations 3:12; 21:2, 9-11) And, this New Jerusalem is heavenly-not earthly-for it comes down “out of heaven from God.”-Revelations 21:10.

The Apostle Paul identified this bride further as composed of the members of the earthly Christian Congregation. (2 Corinthians 11:2) Those initially “chosen” were told that this “citizenship exists in the heavens” and that their hope is to receive “an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance.” (Philippians 3:20; 1 Peter 1:1, 4) Paul also likened the congregation as earthly wives who are in subjection to their earthly husbands. (Ephesians 5:23-25, 32) Keep in mind that a wife-literally or symbolically-takes on her husband’s name.

However, only 144,000 of the anointed from the Christian Congregation will make up composite Bride of Christ. (Revelations 14:1) This arrangement does not include those who await a resurrection to an earthly abode/paradise. (John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-18) Jesus made this distinction clear when he mentioned to his disciples of two different arrangements: heavenly and earthly.-Luke 12:32; John14:2, 3.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:21 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 343
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
The “Bride of the Lamb” (Jesus Christ) is also referred to as the “New Jerusalem.” (Revelations 3:12; 21:2, 9-11) And, this New Jerusalem is heavenly-not earthly-for it comes down “out of heaven from God.”-Revelations 21:10.

The Apostle Paul identified this bride further as composed of the members of the earthly Christian Congregation. (2 Corinthians 11:2) Those initially “chosen” were told that this “citizenship exists in the heavens” and that their hope is to receive “an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance.” (Philippians 3:20; 1 Peter 1:1, 4) Paul also likened the congregation as earthly wives who are in subjection to their earthly husbands. (Ephesians 5:23-25, 32) Keep in mind that a wife-literally or symbolically-takes on her husband’s name.

However, only 144,000 of the anointed from the Christian Congregation will make up composite Bride of Christ. (Revelations 14:1) This arrangement does not include those who await a resurrection to an earthly abode/paradise. (John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-18) Jesus made this distinction clear when he mentioned to his disciples of two different arrangements: heavenly and earthly.-Luke 12:32; John14:2, 3.

Hi , and just where does Paul say that the Body of Christ IS the Bride of Christ ?

We are members of the Body of Christ , so how can Christ marry each , WHEN we are members of His Body and when Christ is the HEAD .

Is Christ a BIGAMIST since He MARRIED and then DIVORCED Israel in Jer 3:8 !!

dan p
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2014, 11:12 AM
theophilus40's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 65
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Is Christ a BIGAMIST since He MARRIED and then DIVORCED Israel in Jer 3:8 !!
Look at the context of this verse:
The LORD said to me in the days of King Josiah: “Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the whore? And I thought, ‘After she has done all this she will return to me,’ but she did not return, and her treacherous sister Judah saw it. She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce. Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the *****.
(Jeremiah 3:6-8 ESV)
(I am not responsible for fact that the last word of that quote has been bleeped out. Apparently the software for this site censors some words.)

Israel was called the wife of Jehovah, the Father, not of Christ. Here is a description of the wedding of Christ.
Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
(Revelation 19:7-8 ESV)
The Bride will wear fine linen and fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. This show that the saints of this present age make up the Bride. What we will be wearing then is determined by how we live now.
__________________
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-2014, 09:49 PM
Mark51's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

I suspect that you may have misunderstood my comment as to the identity of the “Bride of Christ.” Jesus Christ-in parentheses-is identifying Jesus. The “bride” refers to the “New Jerusalem above” or the composite 144,000 anointed. Putting these terms in the right perspective(symbolic) is helpful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-26-2014, 11:16 AM
clarkthompson's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 176
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

The bride of Christ is anyone that bears His name to there faith.
__________________
God's wrath on believer is loving chastisment
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2015, 11:53 AM
JoJo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 193
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
p
hi, I want to say Mark51 speaks the truth. The bride is that of 144,000 who came from earth ,(Rev. 14:1-3 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth).

Israel was Jehovah God special people at that time. They would have, (if they stayed obedient to Jehovah), been those who would have made up the 144,000 going to Heaven. They would then become the bride of Jesus , as Theo40 has shown from scripture. Jesus NEVER married any real woman, though some are trying to believe he did. And not everyone one who calls themselves a christian. Is referred to as the body of Christ. Jesus showed this here ,(“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity” ,Matt. 7:22,23). peace

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2015, 01:03 PM
winsome's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,206
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
hi, I want to say Mark51 speaks the truth. The bride is that of 144,000 who came from earth ,(Rev. 14:1-3 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth).

Israel was Jehovah God special people at that time. They would have, (if they stayed obedient to Jehovah), been those who would have made up the 144,000 going to Heaven. They would then become the bride of Jesus , as Theo40 has shown from scripture. Jesus NEVER married any real woman, though some are trying to believe he did. And not everyone one who calls themselves a christian. Is referred to as the body of Christ. Jesus showed this here ,(“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity” ,Matt. 7:22,23). peace

I see no reason to regard the 144,000 in Rev 14 as the totality of the Bride in Rev 19 onwards. Rather they are a subgroup who “follow the Lamb wherever he goes” – i.e. unto death – martyrs. They are more likely the souls under the altar in Rev 6:9 & in 20:4. Indeed the latter “reigned with Christ for a thousand years”. The 144,000 were the “first fruits” which is sacrificial language. Again those that were martyred.


__________________
It isn't learned talk that saves man or makes a saint of him; only a life well lived can claim God's friendship. (Thomas À Kempis)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-09-2015, 04:03 AM
Mark51's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: The bride of Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi , and just where does Paul say that the Body of Christ IS the Bride of Christ ?

We are members of the Body of Christ , so how can Christ marry each , WHEN we are members of His Body and when Christ is the HEAD .

Is Christ a BIGAMIST since He MARRIED and then DIVORCED Israel in Jer 3:8 !!

dan p
The listed scriptural references to the questions “who are the ‘body’ of Christ” and “who are the ‘bride’ of Christ” are not inclusive. Examine all carefully to get a sense of the context.

Body: Romans 8:15-17; 12:5; 1 Corinthians 6:15; 10:14; 12:12, 27; Ephesians 2:11, 12; Philippians 3:20, 21; 3:11; Colossians 1:24.

Bride: Matthew 25:1-12; John 3:25-30; Romans 6:5; 2 Corinthians 1:21, 22; 11:2, 3; 1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 14:1-3; 21:2, 9-14.

I hope that this is helpful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is the anti Christ? christkid777 Bible Chat 33 03-08-2013 04:24 AM
Who is the bride? Heneni Theology 54 02-01-2012 02:49 PM
Looking to Christ doinghiswill General Discussions 10 06-03-2009 03:30 PM
The Mystery of Christ doinghiswill Bible Chat 10 05-11-2009 05:46 PM
The all or nothing of Christ BruceG General Discussions 9 03-17-2009 07:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29