Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The new heaven and new earth

Old 05-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default The new heaven and new earth

Soon I will be able to give you the new earthly teachings and they will swollow up the flood and new earth will apear with the new heaven. All those swollowed up are spiritually dead but they will rise above it in Jesus.Please don't kick up your heals against me now. The lord is teaching me this and we can do it togeather.
The spirit of God or the holy Spirit moves above the waters. When you have new earthly teachings it is like the burning bush of faith not being consumed so the teachings will be holy and at that time the spirit will once again come to us. He will not tread on unholy ground or teachings of the flood.
We have to make the spiritual teaching, the earthly teachings and that is when the earth swollows up the flood and then the spirit will fall on us and we too will speak with tongues of fire. It is like the day of penticost and untell we do that the spirit will stay above us.
I think I can do this now but if you guys fight me on this it won't work.
It is time for us to be ( True 2 ourselves )
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:45 AM
CatholicCrusader

Default Re: The new heaven and new earth

If you are interested in our viewpoint, here is a quote from the Catechism Of The Catholic Church
SOURCE LINK

VI. THE HOPE OF THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH

1042 At the end of time, the Kingdom of God will come in its fullness. After the universal judgment, the righteous will reign for ever with Christ, glorified in body and soul. The universe itself will be renewed:

The Church . . . will receive her perfection only in the glory of heaven, when will come the time of the renewal of all things. At that time, together with the human race, the universe itself, which is so closely related to man and which attains its destiny through him, will be perfectly re-established in Christ.629

1043 Sacred Scripture calls this mysterious renewal, which will transform humanity and the world, "new heavens and a new earth."630 It will be the definitive realization of God's plan to bring under a single head "all things in [Christ], things in heaven and things on earth."631

1044 In this new universe, the heavenly Jerusalem, God will have his dwelling among men.632 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away."633

1045 For man, this consummation will be the final realization of the unity of the human race, which God willed from creation and of which the pilgrim Church has been "in the nature of sacrament."634 Those who are united with Christ will form the community of the redeemed, "the holy city" of God, "the Bride, the wife of the Lamb."635 She will not be wounded any longer by sin, stains, self-love, that destroy or wound the earthly community.636 The beatific vision, in which God opens himself in an inexhaustible way to the elect, will be the ever-flowing well-spring of happiness, peace, and mutual communion.

1046 For the cosmos, Revelation affirms the profound common destiny of the material world and man:

For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God . . . in hope because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay.... We know that the whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.637

1047 The visible universe, then, is itself destined to be transformed, "so that the world itself, restored to its original state, facing no further obstacles, should be at the service of the just," sharing their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ.638

1048 "We know neither the moment of the consummation of the earth and of man, nor the way in which the universe will be transformed. The form of this world, distorted by sin, is passing away, and we are taught that God is preparing a new dwelling and a new earth in which righteousness dwells, in which happiness will fill and surpass all the desires of peace arising in the hearts of men."639

1049 "Far from diminishing our concern to develop this earth, the expectancy of a new earth should spur us on, for it is here that the body of a new human family grows, foreshadowing in some way the age which is to come. That is why, although we must be careful to distinguish earthly progress clearly from the increase of the kingdom of Christ, such progress is of vital concern to the kingdom of God, insofar as it can contribute to the better ordering of human society."640

1050 "When we have spread on earth the fruits of our nature and our enterprise . . . according to the command of the Lord and in his Spirit, we will find them once again, cleansed this time from the stain of sin, illuminated and transfigured, when Christ presents to his Father an eternal and universal kingdom."641 God will then be "all in all" in eternal life:642

True and subsistent life consists in this: the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit, pouring out his heavenly gifts on all things without exception. Thanks to his mercy, we too, men that we are, have received the inalienable promise of eternal life.643

629 LG 48; Cf. Acts 3:21; Eph 1:10; Col 1:20; 2 Pet 3:10-13.
630 2 Pet 3:13; Cf. Rev 21:1.
631 Eph 1:10.
632 Cf. Rev 21:5.
633 Rev 21:4.
634 Cf. LG 1.
635 Rev 21:2, 9.
636 Cf. Rev 21:27.
637 Rom 8:19-23.
638 St. Irenaeus, Adv. haeres. 5, 32, 1 PG 7/2, 210.
639 GS 39 # 1.
640 GS 39 # 2.
641 GS 39 # 3.
642 1 Cor 5:28.
643 St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Catech. illum. 18, 29: PG 33, 1049.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 AM
bannedmoose

second account of his to be banned.

Last edited by RollingThunder : 05-31-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Banned account.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:58 AM
CatholicCrusader

(deleted by CatholicCrusader)

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 05-31-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
If you are interested in our viewpoint, here is a quote from the Catechism Of The Catholic Church
SOURCE LINK

VI. THE HOPE OF THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH

1042 At the end of time, the Kingdom of God will come in its fullness. After the universal judgment, the righteous will reign for ever with Christ, glorified in body and soul. The universe itself will be renewed:

The Church . . . will receive her perfection only in the glory of heaven, when will come the time of the renewal of all things. At that time, together with the human race, the universe itself, which is so closely related to man and which attains its destiny through him, will be perfectly re-established in Christ.629

1043 Sacred Scripture calls this mysterious renewal, which will transform humanity and the world, "new heavens and a new earth."630 It will be the definitive realization of God's plan to bring under a single head "all things in [Christ], things in heaven and things on earth."631

1044 In this new universe, the heavenly Jerusalem, God will have his dwelling among men.632 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away."633

1045 For man, this consummation will be the final realization of the unity of the human race, which God willed from creation and of which the pilgrim Church has been "in the nature of sacrament."634 Those who are united with Christ will form the community of the redeemed, "the holy city" of God, "the Bride, the wife of the Lamb."635 She will not be wounded any longer by sin, stains, self-love, that destroy or wound the earthly community.636 The beatific vision, in which God opens himself in an inexhaustible way to the elect, will be the ever-flowing well-spring of happiness, peace, and mutual communion.

1046 For the cosmos, Revelation affirms the profound common destiny of the material world and man:

For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God . . . in hope because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay.... We know that the whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.637

1047 The visible universe, then, is itself destined to be transformed, "so that the world itself, restored to its original state, facing no further obstacles, should be at the service of the just," sharing their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ.638

1048 "We know neither the moment of the consummation of the earth and of man, nor the way in which the universe will be transformed. The form of this world, distorted by sin, is passing away, and we are taught that God is preparing a new dwelling and a new earth in which righteousness dwells, in which happiness will fill and surpass all the desires of peace arising in the hearts of men."639

1049 "Far from diminishing our concern to develop this earth, the expectancy of a new earth should spur us on, for it is here that the body of a new human family grows, foreshadowing in some way the age which is to come. That is why, although we must be careful to distinguish earthly progress clearly from the increase of the kingdom of Christ, such progress is of vital concern to the kingdom of God, insofar as it can contribute to the better ordering of human society."640

1050 "When we have spread on earth the fruits of our nature and our enterprise . . . according to the command of the Lord and in his Spirit, we will find them once again, cleansed this time from the stain of sin, illuminated and transfigured, when Christ presents to his Father an eternal and universal kingdom."641 God will then be "all in all" in eternal life:642

True and subsistent life consists in this: the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit, pouring out his heavenly gifts on all things without exception. Thanks to his mercy, we too, men that we are, have received the inalienable promise of eternal life.643

629 LG 48; Cf. Acts 3:21; Eph 1:10; Col 1:20; 2 Pet 3:10-13.
630 2 Pet 3:13; Cf. Rev 21:1.
631 Eph 1:10.
632 Cf. Rev 21:5.
633 Rev 21:4.
634 Cf. LG 1.
635 Rev 21:2, 9.
636 Cf. Rev 21:27.
637 Rom 8:19-23.
638 St. Irenaeus, Adv. haeres. 5, 32, 1 PG 7/2, 210.
639 GS 39 # 1.
640 GS 39 # 2.
641 GS 39 # 3.
642 1 Cor 5:28.
643 St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Catech. illum. 18, 29: PG 33, 1049.
Now buddy, Now you talking. That is exactly w3hat I want us to do. I understand everything written there and know how to do this. This is no joke and I am being totally serious. The Lord is teaching me to do this. The question is who of you are with me?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Now buddy, Now you talking. That is exactly w3hat I want us to do. I understand everything written there and know how to do this. This is no joke and I am being totally serious. The Lord is teaching me to do this. The question is who of you are with me?
Thanks for the positive response. But I can take no credit for the post. That section came straight out of the Catechism Of The Catholic Church. I just quoted it.

Maybe you would like to read the entire section, entitled: I believe in life everlasting

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 05-31-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Thanks for the positive response. But I can take no credit for the post. That section came straight out of the Catechism Of The Catholic Church. I just quoted it.

Maybe you would like to read the entire section, entitled: I believe in life everlasting
You took the time to show me. thank you. That is what this hole thing here is all about. That is what I want us all to do , togeather. My hole life is about this.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 PM
CatholicCrusader

Old 09-13-2011, 07:06 AM

Dear Colin,

The connection of the “heavens” with ruling power aids in understanding the meaning of the expression “new heavens and a new earth” found at Isaiah 65:17; 66:22 and quoted by the apostle Peter at 2 Peter 3:13. Observing such relationship, M’Clintock and Strong’s Cyclopaedia (1891, Vol. IV, p. 122) comments: “In Isa. lxv, 17, a new heaven and a new earth signify a new government, new kingdom, new people.”

In the Bible, “earth” does not always refer to our globe. For instance, Psalm 96:1 says literally: “Sing to Jehovah, all the earth.” We know that our planet-the terra firma and the vast oceans-cannot sing. People sing. Yes, Psalm 96:1 is referring to the people on the earth. If “heavens” can symbolize the superior ruling power or government so, to “earth.” represents a new society of people.

The prophecy presenting the promise of “new heavens and a new earth,” given through Isaiah, was one dealing initially with the restoration of Israel from Babylonian exile. Upon the Israelites’ return to their homeland, they entered into a new system of things. Cyrus the Great was used prominently by God in bringing about that restoration. Back in Jerusalem, Zerubbabel (a descendant of David) served as governor, and Joshua as high priest. In harmony with Jehovah’s purpose, this new governmental arrangement, or “new heavens,” directed and supervised the subject people.-2 Chronicles 36:23; Haggai 1:1, 14.

Peter, however, shows that a future fulfillment was to be anticipated, on the basis of God’s promise. (2 Peter 3:13) Since God’s promise in this case relates to the presence of Christ Jesus, as shown at verse 4, the “new heavens and a new earth” must relate to God’s Messianic Kingdom and its rule over obedient subjects. By his resurrection and ascension to God’s right hand, Christ Jesus became “higher than the heavens” (Hebrews 7:26) in that he was thereby placed “far above every government and authority and power and lordship…not only in this system of things, but also in that to come.” (Ephesians 1:19-21; Matthew 28:18) This Kingdom government, under Christ and his 144,000 corulers, is the new heavens.-Revelation 14:1.

These Christian followers of Jesus, as “partakers of the heavenly calling” (Hebrews 3:1), are assigned by God as “heirs” in union with Christ, through whom God purposed “to gather all things together again.” “The things in the heavens,” that is, those called to heavenly life, are the first to be thus gathered into unity with God through Christ. (Ephesians 1:8-11) Their inheritance is “reserved in the heavens.” (1 Peter 1:3, 4; Colossians 1:5; compare John 14:2, 3) They are “enrolled” and have their “citizenship” in the heavens. (Hebrews 12:23; Philippians 3:20) They form the “New Jerusalem” seen in John’s vision as “coming down out of heaven from God.” (Revelation 21:2, 9, 10) Since this vision is initially stated to be of “a new heaven and a new earth” (Revelation 21:1), it follows that both are represented in what is thereafter described. Hence the “new heaven” must correspond to Christ together with his “bride,” the “New Jerusalem,” and the “new earth” is seen in the “peoples of mankind” who are their subjects and who receive the blessings of their rule, as depicted in verses 3 and 4.

John’s vision refers to the passing away of “the former heaven and the former earth.” (Revelation 21:1; compare Isaiah 57:20; Revelation 20:11.) In the Christian Greek Scriptures, earthly governments and their peoples are shown to be subject to Satanic rule. (Matthew 4:8, 9; John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:3, 4; Revelation 12:9; 16:13, 14) The apostle Paul referred to “the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places,” with their governments, authorities, and world rulers. (Ephesians 6:12) So the passing away of “the former heaven” indicates the end of political governments along with Satan and his demons. This identification of “the former heaven” harmonizes with the fact that shortly before the statement concerning the “former heaven having passed away,” John had seen a vision of the complete defeat of Satan’s forces and the casting of Satan into “the abyss.”-Revelation 19:19-20:3.

As for the new earth, following the pattern of the ancient fulfillment, the new earth will be made up of people-from all nationalities, languages, and races-who gladly submit to the rulership of the new heavenly government. After the passing of the present wicked system of things, this group will form the nucleus of a new earth that will eventually be a globe-encircling society of God-fearing humans who inherit the earthly realm of God’s Kingdom.-Matthew 25:34.

Mark51,