True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > who is the devil

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
ryhm's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Default who is the devil

is he a being?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Joshua888
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: who is the devil

How many times does the devil appear in the old testament?

Why do Abraham , Isacc, Jacob, never ever mention the devil?

Why does King David never mention any supernatural being called the devil in any of the Psalms.?

Why is there no mention of a devil in Genesis, Exodus , Leviticus, Dueteronamy, Numbers.?

Why does Jeremiah say your heart is desperatly wicked above all things but never mentions any devil?

Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Why does Jesus blame men and not the devil?

Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Let the reader take note
ALL THESE THINGS COME FROM WITHIN MAN!!!

Here is the perfect chance to blame the devil yet Jesus does not even mention the devil.
The fable of a supernatural being that fell from heaven with many demons that make us sin is an old wives tale . People take some hard to understand scriptures and claim they say there is a devil who makes us sin.
These stories began thousands of years ago in Greek mythology. Dantes Inferno, Paradise Lost.

There is no mention of any devil for four thousand years by any of the writers in the old testament. The new testament was written in Greek and many of the customs of the Greeks have slipped into the Bible.

The Bible uses personification and in Proverbs calls wisdom "a woman".
This is personifcation when the Bible calls false religion "a ***** or prostitute"
What is meant by the Bible when it says evil comes from within man?
Look in the mirror and see the devil is a hard thing to except so man made up a fable
the devil made me do it.
How can you possibly say there is a devil in the light of this scripture.!!

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

;;;;; HE DESTROYED THE DEVIL ;;;;;

May god Bless your study of His Holy Bible
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Laurie
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: who is the devil

Good post, Craig.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2009, 11:26 AM
christkid777's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,081
Default Re: who is the devil

Who did Christ duel with during His forty days in the wilderness? There is none so blind as those who will not see.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Moose
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: who is the devil

The devil is an angel of God who was created by God and was at one time, perfect, until iniquity was found in him. He is a spirit being who is very evil...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Linsinbigler's Avatar
Representative Clergy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,150
Default Re: who is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by christkid777 View Post
Who did Christ duel with during His forty days in the wilderness? There is none so blind as those who will not see.
Exactly. This post seems more substantial than many of those posted by the rabbit, so "bump."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Daniel
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: who is the devil

[quote=Joshua888;37131]
Quote:
There is no mention of any devil for four thousand years by any of the writers in the old testament. The new testament was written in Greek and many of the customs of the Greeks have slipped into the Bible.
Ill start by saying that i agree that the devil is a tempter.He cannot make us sin. Our flesh makes us sin. The OT does make mention of satan in various places. You seem to draw a distinction between the devil and satan. Can I ask then what are your thoughts on satan? who do you think he is?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 PM
ryhm's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Default Re: who is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua888 View Post
How many times does the devil appear in the old testament?

Why do Abraham , Isacc, Jacob, never ever mention the devil?

Why does King David never mention any supernatural being called the devil in any of the Psalms.?

Why is there no mention of a devil in Genesis, Exodus , Leviticus, Dueteronamy, Numbers.?

Why does Jeremiah say your heart is desperatly wicked above all things but never mentions any devil?

Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Why does Jesus blame men and not the devil?

Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Let the reader take note
ALL THESE THINGS COME FROM WITHIN MAN!!!

Here is the perfect chance to blame the devil yet Jesus does not even mention the devil.
The fable of a supernatural being that fell from heaven with many demons that make us sin is an old wives tale . People take some hard to understand scriptures and claim they say there is a devil who makes us sin.
These stories began thousands of years ago in Greek mythology. Dantes Inferno, Paradise Lost.

There is no mention of any devil for four thousand years by any of the writers in the old testament. The new testament was written in Greek and many of the customs of the Greeks have slipped into the Bible.

The Bible uses personification and in Proverbs calls wisdom "a woman".
This is personifcation when the Bible calls false religion "a ***** or prostitute"
What is meant by the Bible when it says evil comes from within man?
Look in the mirror and see the devil is a hard thing to except so man made up a fable
the devil made me do it.
How can you possibly say there is a devil in the light of this scripture.!!

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

;;;;; HE DESTROYED THE DEVIL ;;;;;

May god Bless your study of His Holy Bible
you have Got it right! the devil is our carnal mind.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
ryhm's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Default Re: who is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
The devil is an angel of God who was created by God and was at one time, perfect, until iniquity was found in him. He is a spirit being who is very evil...
how do you know he is an angel? Jer.17:9 the heart is the most deceitful who can know it? i thought satan was the most deceitful! there is no scripture in the bible that says satan is an angel
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Mark51's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 188
Default Re: who is the devil

All of Jehovah’s works are perfect; he is not the author of unrighteousness; so he did not create anyone wicked. (Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalms 5:4) The one who became Satan was originally a perfect spirit son of God. When saying that the Devil “did not stand fast in the truth,” Jesus indicated that at one time that one was “in the truth.” (John 8:44) But, as is true of all of God’s intelligent creatures, this spirit son was endowed with free will. He abused his freedom of choice, allowed feelings of self-importance to develop in his heart, began to crave worship that belonged only to God, and so enticed Adam and Eve to listen to him rather than obey God. Thus by his course of action he made himself Satan, which means “adversary.”-James 1:14,*15.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can the devil work miracles? christkid777 General Discussions 66 03-14-2009 08:20 PM
Why was Jesus tempted by the Devil? Croref Bible Chat 20 03-03-2009 02:02 PM
Who is this devil? Amadeus Bible Chat 6 01-18-2009 05:11 PM
do you believe in deals with the devil? shalimar General Discussions 23 12-09-2008 09:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29