Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Whats the difference?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Default Whats the difference?

what is the difference between the ungodly, sinner, and the righteous found in psalms 1?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Whats the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GzusFreak View Post
what is the difference between the ungodly, sinner, and the righteous found in psalms 1?
It's not that there's a difference between the ungodly, the sinner, and the scornful. They are all representative of lost people who don't give a flip about God's moral law. It's that there's a difference in the what they are doing and a difference in the words "walking", "standing", and "sitting".

Psalm 1:1

"Blessed is the man who doesn't walk in the counsel of the ungodly, or stand the way of sinners or sit in the seat of the scornful."

To walk in the counsel of the ungodly means to entertain the notion that the ungodly person's behavior, lifestyle, advice, and other persuasions are acceptable.

To stand in the way of sinners means that you have, metaphorically speaking, stopped walking past them and are now standing WITH them. You might be participating now in the same sins that you once scorned before you paid attention to their "counsel".

To sit in the seat of mockers or the scornful means that you are now actively, by word, action, and deed, causing others to sin. You have now become the counsel of the ungodly and mock or scorn God's moral law.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlee View Post
It's not that there's a difference between the ungodly, the sinner, and the scornful. They are all representative of lost people who don't give a flip about God's moral law. It's that there's a difference in the what they are doing and a difference in the words "walking", "standing", and "sitting".

"Blessed is the man who doesn't walk in the counsel of the ungodly, or stand the way of sinners or sit in the seat of the scornful."

To walk in the counsel of the ungodly means to entertain the notion that the ungodly person's behavior, lifestyle, advice, and other persuasions are acceptable.

To stand in the way of sinners means that you have, metaphorically speaking, stopped walking past them and are now standing WITH them. You might be participating now in the same sins that you once scorned before you paid attention to their "counsel".

To sit in the seat of mockers or the scornful means that you are now actively, by word, action, and deed, causing others to sin. You have now become the counsel of the ungodly and mock or scorn God's moral law.

My 2 cents.

there is a difference between the ungodly and the sinner...the ungodly do not know anything about God and do not know God's law, the sinner is one who has come to the Lord but refuses to obey the Word of God.

the bible says to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not to him it is a sin. so, a sinner is someone who knows what they are suppose to do but refuses to do it. now what makes the difference between these two?

the judgement in which they receive. notice he says the ungodly shall not stand in judgement, y not? because how can they be judged for something they dont know? but the sinner will be judged based on what he knows.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Blessed is the man who doesn't = Blessed is the man Who ... does not...walk in the counsel of the ungodly

Blessed is the man Who .. does not .. stand the way of sinners

you re-wrote the words .. To stand in the way of sinners ... read above

Blessed is the man Who .. does not .. sit in the seat of the scornful."

Or should it have been written... Thou shalt not

You greatly error in proper wording, and intended interputation

John

Last edited by jnois : 04-11-2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 PM
blujon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GzusFreak View Post
there is a difference between the ungodly and the sinner...the ungodly do not know anything about God and do not know God's law, the sinner is one who has come to the Lord but refuses to obey the Word of God.

the bible says to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not to him it is a sin. so, a sinner is someone who knows what they are suppose to do but refuses to do it. now what makes the difference between these two?

the judgement in which they receive. notice he says the ungodly shall not stand in judgement, y not? because how can they be judged for something they dont know? but the sinner will be judged based on what he knows.
I almost bought your theory until I searched out the words ungodly and sinners. you are all wrong about them. (Job 16:11) God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.

Ungodly= is a morally wrong person, condemned, guilty, wicked, very bad person.
Sinner= offender, accounted guilty.
You left out the rest of the verse.
(Pss 1:5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. You need to stop interpreting until you have all the facts.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Heneni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlee View Post

My 2 cents.
There is progression in the scriptures above.

First they walk, then they stand, and finally they sit. Its the way of the backslider.

Therefore WALK in the spirit. We walk in the spirit by obeying the promptings of the spirit. We follow its council. The spirit councils us so that we might take advantage of the reconcilliation of us to God, through jesus christ.

Heneni
Old 04-13-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujon1 View Post
I almost bought your theory until I searched out the words ungodly and sinners. you are all wrong about them. (Job 16:11) God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.

Ungodly= is a morally wrong person, condemned, guilty, wicked, very bad person.
Sinner= offender, accounted guilty.
You left out the rest of the verse.
(Pss 1:5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. You need to stop interpreting until you have all the facts.
u basically have backed up everything i have said...but what u dont know is that the judgement for the ungodly is different than the judgement for the sinner. where do the ungodly go when they die? do they go to hell and burn forever and ever? i dont think so. God doesnt hold anyone accountable if they dont know any better.

remember, the bible says that no man can come to God except the Spirit of God draw him. if you were saved today, it isnt because u chose to be saved..rather its because God chose u.
the bible says many are called but few are chosen.therefore, if a ungodly person is never dealt with by God then his judgement is simply death, not eternal fire. for what kind of God would it be to throw someone into the lake of fire, who God never dealt with?

the sinner, his judgement is the lake of fire. this is a christian person who has been called by God and has received knowledge on how to live God's Word...but willfully refuses to. this person is in trouble of the lake of fire. the scripture says in heb. 10 that if we sin willfully after coming to the knowledge of the truth we will receive judgement. God is only going to judge u according to what u know.

the righteous, there judgement is eternal life. they chose to live the Word of God. and walk uprightly before him. think about these things and hit me up.

one more thing, the ungodly dont know God..therefore, the bible says they are like the beast of the field..read ecc. 3:18-20
the beast it says perishes and goes back to the dust. so does a man without God.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Heneni

When the bible says...that many are called but few are chosen, it means, in my opinion that many are called for a task, but few are chosen because they are not ready or they are not suitable. God chose pharoah for example because he was suitable for god to show his wrath. God chose the disciples because they were suitable. When god chooses us, he feels that we are suitable for the job. When he calls, he calls all together so that he can choose.

Its like a job interview. To be chosen for the job, you have to have the right spiritual make-up.

Heneni

Heneni
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM

so still no one knows the difference?