Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The Word: Infinite Accomplishment

Old 10-07-2019, 10:46 PM

Default The Word: Infinite Accomplishment

Many still vacillate over the reliability of Godís word that has been handed down through the centuries.

I say; Let the word of God say what is reliable and how many are liars. Though God gave strict warning in Revelation over adding to or, subtracting from scripture, like the forbidden fruit of old, we are shown there the potential to do so exists. Letís say it did occur, indeed, the scholar insists there is error. Ok, then where does reliability He declared appear if not in His own word for all-time?
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Matthew 24:35
It occurred to me, there is an inflammatory remark going on here and I donít care for it. When Paul said,
let God be true but every man a liar.

Romans 3:4
Yet defends his own capacity to write Godís word by His Spirit,
Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world? For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?

What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin, , Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Romans 3:5-7,9,28
I ask, is error written in stone? Is this therefore an example to consider for the glories to come? As shown, His words will not pass away. What then happens to this ill-fated potential of error? Would they be brought to light by some similar capacity?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: The Word: Infinite Accomplishment

We must always be wary of bad translations

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-08-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
We must always be wary of bad translations
Hello again! Absolutely, and although it would be strange for most all of us to not want to do so, it should be mentioned, few want to confine oneself to an interlinear publication and out of a portion of those folks are those who struggle to pin down well enough, the understood lines of the message.

The Catholics, if I understood some of your past remarks correctly place most of those same hopes upon the clergy to deliver. Even so, I would be surprised if a bulk didnít avail tools that speak of the best clarity.

Then again, are we both reading Jesus' words in singular, un-assisted fashion when He says ďmy wordsĒ?
Old 10-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
.....The Catholics, if I understood some of your past remarks correctly place most of those same hopes upon the clergy to deliver......
Not really. That has more to do with deciding and binding correct doctrine.

When it comes to Bible study we are pretty much like anybody else. I use the RSVCE version, and I love the Bible Gateway tool: https://www.biblegateway.com/

You can choose whatever translation you want, compare it to others, search, and so forth.

For guidance, I like this: https://stpaulcenter.com/

Of course I am a big Scott Hahn fan so thats my personal favorite, but there's tons of other stuff out there too.

But you do need a good Bible. I trust Jimmy Akin's assessment of the RSVCE. For you he would recommend the NKJV.

"......My personal preference is for the New King James Version, but since this is not available in an edition with the deuterocanonicals, I normally use the Revised Standard Version: Catholic Edition. This is a Church-approved version of the RSV which has a few, minor changes in the New Testament.(14) Until recently, the RSV:CE has been hard to find in America and could only be ordered from the Catholic Truth Society in London. But it has been reissued by Ignatius Press under the title, The Ignatius Bible. This is, for my money, the best Catholic Bible on the market today......."

Choosing a Bible Translation – Jimmy Akin

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 10-08-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Not really. That has more to do with deciding and binding correct doctrine.

When it comes to Bible study we are pretty much like anybody else. I use the RSVCE version, and I love the Bible Gateway tool: https://www.biblegateway.com/

You can choose whatever translation you want, compare it to others, search, and so forth.

For guidance, I like this: https://stpaulcenter.com/

Of course I am a big Scott Hahn fan so thats my personal favorite, but there's tons of other stuff out there too.

But you do need a good Bible. I trust Jimmy Akin's assessment of the RSVCE. For you he would recommend the NKJV.

"......My personal preference is for the New King James Version, but since this is not available in an edition with the deuterocanonicals, I normally use the Revised Standard Version: Catholic Edition. This is a Church-approved version of the RSV which has a few, minor changes in the New Testament.(14) Until recently, the RSV:CE has been hard to find in America and could only be ordered from the Catholic Truth Society in London. But it has been reissued by Ignatius Press under the title, The Ignatius Bible. This is, for my money, the best Catholic Bible on the market today......."

Choosing a Bible Translation Ė Jimmy Akin
I'm sure quite handy, ,

I hope this isnít viewed as some heretical approach, for I cited the text, not anyoneís interpretation of which I am aware. For they seem foundational and elementary enough and accessible and unchanged forevermore. But not only in Revelation 22:18, but also Romans 1:18. But my point upon this evident potential Christ brought forward in stark warning remains unanswered, only Jesusí words concerning the potential for abuse remains forever, not the abuse itself, only His words. So, if contaminations have been committed through the truth of that potential, will a day come when all percentage of language barrier be brought to heel?

Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
.......So, if contaminations have been committed through the truth of that potential, will a day come when all percentage of language barrier be brought to heel?
That's above my pay grade man. Its all I can do to live my life well. I cannot think about apocalyptic language disruptions. LOL

I'll say this though: Considering the pathetic sorry communications skills among people these days, maybe its already started!

Old 10-09-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:
That's above my pay grade man. Its all I can do to live my life well. I cannot think about apocalyptic language disruptions. LOL

I'll say this though: Considering the pathetic sorry communications skills among people these days, maybe its already started!
Compelled to agree!

Universally, maybe not you and maybe not me, but all? Remember, God gave Peter inwardly to know ďthe ChristĒ! That was before Acts-2 Pentecost. I mean, would something such as this have to wait till the millennial-reign for perfection?

Old 10-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Well Terry, as to the quote by Scott Hahn, the part of .. ....My personal preference is for the New King James Version, but since this is not available in an edition with the deuterocanonicals ...

I have a king james bible with apocrypha, I dont know if thats the same thing, but I do have one, they were made first before the king james bible kicked out the apocrypha about a century later, protestants are always trying to whittle down scripture, sorta like the church did in the 3rd century, separating the wheat from the chaff in their minds. Jesus didnt even write anything, he wanted us to utilize the Holy Spirit to know whats right and wrong. But just like the jews, they prefered writing things down, because not everyone wants an in-depth relationship with the Holy Spirit, they want it all in black and white, so He gave us scripture, the Word of God in print to help those (which includes 90% of all christians) who prefer just scriptural guidance (other than an occasional slap up side our heads spiritually, when we stray to far from the truth).

I also have other bibles, like the Jerusalem bible which is a popular catholic bible. I use them all from time to time. But my favorite one, that I use most is New American standard bible, with the new king james a very close second.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:15 AM

If it’s true, and it is, that Jesus is the ‘same yesterday, today and forever’, then His same conclusion found in Isaiah 55:11 can be applied to accomplishment of the prophesy over the Church in Revelation 19:7,8,
His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed
in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall
not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please
Every false and imperfect feature man has brought upon the word of God will be dissolved and accomplish that final fate described for abusers of the text. But just because the finality will accomplish these things of its own accord, doesn’t grant the Church a space of ease, but to seize that powerful ability,
Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world
will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

(1 Corinthians 6:2)
Glory to God most high and His Christ!