True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > How Was Adam Saved ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2019, 04:29 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default How Was Adam Saved ?

Hi to all and how was Adam saved as Jesus had not yet die yet ?

I believe that Gen 3:21 is the KEY VERSE !!

What are are your your thought ?

dan p
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:58 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,785
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all and how was Adam saved as Jesus had not yet die yet ?

I believe that Gen 3:21 is the KEY VERSE !!

What are are your your thought ?

dan p
You were right with your first statement, "Jesus had not died yet."


JIM

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 04-19-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2019, 12:01 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
You were right with your first statement, "Jesus had not died yet."


JIM

Hi and thank you !!

Here is the next question that say , that the reason the Adam is not mentioned in Heb 11:4 isnthat Adam had no FAITH and that bis why Adam is not in Heb 11 ?

I believe that the answerm is found in Gen 3:21 !!

what say you ?

dan p

Last edited by danp : 04-19-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2019, 10:02 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,785
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi and thank you !!

Here is the next question that say , that the reason the Adam is not mentioned in Heb 11:4 isnthat Adam had no FAITH and that bis why Adam is not in Heb 11 ?

I believe that the answerm is found in Gen 3:21 !!

what say you ?

dan p

I do not believe there was anyone Saved before Christ, regardless of who they were.

Just because God made some clothes for Adam and Eve doesn't make any sense as far as them being Saved.


JIM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2019, 01:59 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Hi and when then did Christ slay and animal if Adam did not have faith ?

Christ spoke to Adam and this means that Adam walked by SIGHT in the garden !!

The coats of skins speaks about ATONEMENT as in Lev 16:1-34 !!

I believe that in Heb 11 , that many were saved BEFORE the cross !!

dan p
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2019, 05:38 PM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,260
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all and how was Adam saved as Jesus had not yet die yet ?........
Nobody was saved until Jesus died. The righteous went under the earth to Sheol. They waited there until Jesus came to preach to them:

1 Peter 3:19–20 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

One thing is sure, he sure wasn't saved by faith alone. Boy did he believe!!
__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 04-24-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2019, 02:27 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Hi and how can you ex[plain Matt 8:11 and all will come from the East and from the West to see Abraham , Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of Heaven if they were not SAVED before the Cross !!

I believe all in Heb 11:4 and on all saved , what say you ??

Gen 3:21 Adam has FAITH other wise , WHY did Christ kill animals and COVER / ATONEMENT their SIN !!

dan p
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Mark51's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 186
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Neither Adam nor Eve will be given forgiveness. The Mosaic Law contained this principle. (Numbers 35:31) Their sin amounted to the murder of their offspring, of whom now inherited their imperfection and death. Clearly, they deserved to die. It would have been contrary to God’s righteous principles for Him to apply the ransom in their behalf.

If God Almighty had forgiven their deliberate sin, it would really have made God a party to the wrongdoing. That would not have improved conditions on earth at all. (Compare Ecclesiastes 8:11.) Furthermore, it would have resulted in disrespect for God on the part of his angelic sons, and it would mean that there was no real basis for hope of anything better.

Therefore, the sacrificed life of Jesus as “a corresponding ransom,” is not acceptable for the redemption of these sinners, but for the redemption of all mankind of which descended from Adam and Eve.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,785
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
Neither Adam nor Eve will be given forgiveness. The Mosaic Law contained this principle. (Numbers 35:31) Their sin amounted to the murder of their offspring, of whom now inherited their imperfection and death. Clearly, they deserved to die. It would have been contrary to God’s righteous principles for Him to apply the ransom in their behalf.


You are wrong on many levels.


You have arrived at your conclusion, by the acquiring of knowledge concerning both the infraction and the subsequent physical death of all of mankind......ie, A logical conclusion of understanding, brought about by your knowledge of both cause and effect.

The sentence for the infraction did not include future generations, the understanding of the Command must be understood in the light of Adams understanding at the time the Command was made, and not with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

Your understanding therefore constitutes a false condemnation of Adam and Eve.....Jesus Preached to those before His Birth, after His death.

1Pet. 3:18-2018)*
18) For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:*
19)* By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;*
20)* Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Adam and Eve were not under the Mosaic Law, and can not be held accountable to it.

God could not apply the Ransom to them if it was not yet available, Jesus not having died, the Ransom did not exist for God to apply.

JIM

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 05-02-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,785
Default Re: How Was Adam Saved ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
If God Almighty had forgiven their deliberate sin, it would really have made God a party to the wrongdoing. That would not have improved conditions on earth at all. (Compare Ecclesiastes 8:11.) Furthermore, it would have resulted in disrespect for God on the part of his angelic sons, and it would mean that there was no real basis for hope of anything better.*
The basis for your conclusions is skewed.

Even if God had Forgiven their sin, that Forgiveness would not have changed the outcome of the sin.

Gen. 3:5* For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Gen. 3:7* And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

You see they had changed, their eyes were opened, they could not be made not to see the Knowledge any longer, even if God had Forgiven them.

Therefore, the Physical and Spiritual death of Adam and Even and their subsequent generations could not be rescinded.*

The Sentence of Death was not imposed because of disobedience to a Command of God, there was no Sentence imposed because, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil carried with it DEATH, anyone acquiring that knowledge would die, both Physically and Spiritually, a flesh and blood vessel cannot hold such knowledge and live, it is weak in that it is flesh.

We have that Knowledge and live because, we are Born Again, we are ALIVE because of our Life in Christ because, He is Life.

John 11:25* Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

JIM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did Adam and Eve sin? fatboy General Discussions 57 09-14-2013 12:23 AM
SAVED ONCE: IT’S SAVED OR WASN’T SAVED! –Netchaplain Netchaplain Bible Chat 60 02-29-2012 12:45 PM
Saved Saved Since Eternity Past: Eph 1:4! -Netchaplain Netchaplain Bible Chat 10 02-21-2012 11:56 PM
"ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED":A Genuine Horror Story DrFrank Bible Chat 22 11-16-2011 08:13 PM
Horror from the Once Saved Always Saved Doctrine DrFrank Bible Chat 43 09-03-2009 12:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29