Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > "Us"

Old 09-02-2018, 08:00 PM

Default "Us"

The Trinity! Understandable and spiritually lawful, my, what a rich library of references towards that blessed adopted term! Of course, some references are a bit more substantial, but do consider it way-way more substantial the confusion surrounding the many who are saddled with doubt over liberty's effort!

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit! Hallelujah!

Last edited by pryz : 09-02-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-03-2018, 07:59 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: "Us"

The emphasis on family in salvation history begins with the Trinity itself.
Pope St. John Paul II stated: “God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love.”
https://biblestudyforcatholics.com/h...-story-part-2/

Also good, brief reading:
Aquinas Blog
Summary of the Summa
Trinity: Aquinas Blog - the Trinity

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 09-03-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-03-2018, 09:56 AM

Do you, perhaps, know the translation of "Hallelujah."
Old 11-04-2018, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
Hello 'Mark51'! If directed to me, excellent question, I have wondered to be frank. How do others use it would be very curious to me?

So yes, my use of the term is a reflection of rejoicing with others as they too have used it, , which doesn’t excuse anyone from gaining a fuller use and understanding. Surely, the use in spiritual meetings I have attended isn’t offensive to you is it? I hope not.

Without investigating further, my natural understanding is it is quite a universal expression around the world, many times being spelt the same way in differing languages. If you will, it is both prayer and praise in one and quite spiritual as a result as in "where the Spirit is, there is liberty".

Of course, I would suppose all ‘meaningless’ to those who have not sown spiritually with thanksgiving, patience and tradition bearing onward.

Hallelujah to the Lamb,

Hallelujah to the Father,

Hallelujah to the Spirit,

Hallelujah to the three in One,

, , to the cry of abba-Father, in Jesus name have mercy! Yet, hallelujah for the robe, the ring and the fatted calf, for making all things new!

Old 11-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I know that "jah" comes from Yah or Yahweh. And I think off the top of my head that Hallel refers to prayer or praise. So I think the word means Praise God

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 11-04-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Hi there Mark51

To answer your question, it's not so much the Translation of this word, as it is the Definition, so for you reading, pleasure the following.

ALLELUIAH:
The word is only expressed in the Greek Text of the Bible, although it is taken from the Hebrew.

Rev.19:1*
And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

Rev. 19:3*
And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

Rev. 19:4*
And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Rev. 19:6*
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

ALLELUIAH: GREEK
G239
ἀλληλούΐα
allēlouia
al-lay-loo'-ee-ah
Of hebrew origin (imperative of [H1984] and [H3050]); praise ye Jah!, an adoring exclamation: - alleluiah.

H1984
הָלַל
hâlal
haw-lal'
A primitive root; to be clear (originally of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence to make a show; to boast; and thus to be (clamorously) foolish; to rave; causatively to celebrate; also to stultify: - (make) boast (self), celebrate, commend, (deal, make), fool (-ish, -ly), glory, give [light], be (make, feign self) mad (against), give in marriage, [sing, be worthy of] praise, rage, renowned, shine.

H3050
יָהּ
yâhh
yaw
Contracted for H3068, and meaning the same; Jah, the sacred name: - Jah, the Lord, most vehement. Cp. names in “-iah,” “-jah.”

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

H1961
הָיָה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary): - beacon, X altogether, be (-come, accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), continue, do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-) self, require, X use.

H1933
הָוָה*** הָוָא
hâvâ'*** hâvâh
haw-vaw', haw-vaw'
A primitive root (compare H183, H1961) supposed to mean properly to breathe; to be (in the sense of existence): - be, X have.

H183
אָוָה
'âvâh
aw-vaw'
A primitive root; to wish for: - covet, (greatly) desire, be desirous, long, lust (after).

H3069
יְהֹוִה
yehôvih
yeh-ho-vee'
A variation of H3068 (used after H136, and pronounced by Jews as H430, in order to prevent the repetition of the same sound, since they elsewhere pronounce H3068 as H136): - God.

H136
אֲדֹנָי
'ădônây
ad-o-noy'
An emphatic form of H113; the Lord (used as a proper name of God only): - (my) Lord.

H113
אָדֹן*** אָדוֹן
'âdôn*** 'âdôn
aw-done', aw-done'
From an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, that is, controller (human or divine): - lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with “Adoni-”.

H430
אֱלֹהִים
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.

H433
אֱלֹהַּ*** אֱלוֹהַּ
'ĕlôahh*** 'ĕlôahh
el-o'-ah, el-o'-ah
(The second form is rare); probably prolonged (emphatically) from H410; a deity or the deity: - God, god. See H430.

H410
אֵל
'êl
ale
Shortened from H352; strength; as adjective mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): - God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in “-el.”

H352
אַיִל
'ayil
ah'-yil
From the same as H193; properly strength; hence anything strong; specifically a chief (politically); also a ram (from his strength); a pilaster (as a strong support); an oak or other strong tree: - mighty (man), lintel, oak, post, ram, tree.

H193
אוּל
'ûl
ool
From an unused root meaning to twist, that is, (by implication) be strong; the body (as being rolled together) also powerful: - mighty, strength.

JIM
Old 03-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Yes! "Praise Jah" or "Praise Jah, you people." One of these two forms are written several times in the Psalms and once in Revelation.