Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Zechariah 3:3 Continuation.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:11 AM

Default Zechariah 3:3 Continuation.

The HP Joshua is a believer yet like all of us is seen as being clothed with filth of the most loathsome character yet he is cleansed and of course, the only acceptable cleaning agent is the Blood of YESHUA in his humanity. Notice that Joshua is then seen with his fellow priests. In verses 8-10 there is a future prophecy given about another High Priest called the Servant of YHVH identified also as the BRANCH and STONE. Isaiah gives 6 periodic prophecies about the SERVANT and as you know the theme of Mark is Jesus the Messiah the SERVANT of YHVH. Zechariah also speaks of this unique person in 6:12-13 again in the future the BRANCH will build an acceptable Temple in the Kingdom-HE shall bear the glory and is seen to be both PRIEST AND KING which was impossible under the Law of Moses. See Hebrews 7 where we are clearly told that the Lord's priesthood was after the order of Melchizedek, not the temporary infinitely inferior and temporary Levitical priesthood.

Jesus is a prophet, PRIEST and king but not simultaneously.HE was a prophet before His death, High Priest after the ascension and King in the Messianic Kingdom but of course always GOD. To be a High.PRIEST required humanity and Jesus did not become man until the incarnation when the Holy Spirit came upon Miriam/Mary. Also, note that the motif of the BRANCH motif in the OT provides the themes of the gospel writers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-2019, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Zechariah 3:3 Continuation.

Welcome again, I just found this. Your comments remind me of Roy Lessin's book, Jesus, the Name above all Names. It is a devotional journal, with space for writing, which 78 names and/or titles for Jesus in Scripture. Curiously, to me, Lessin offers with no preface, intro, or theme- he starts right in with names/titles: The True Light, A Son Given, Lamb of God... with a comment on each Scripture.
For me, leaning toward (or perhaps wallowing in) my rationalism, the theme is (whether or not Lessin had a theme in mind) that Jesus was an utterly incredible, magnificent, and unique person, obviously to almost everyone who met or even just heard about him. I wonder what you think is the benefit in thinking of Jesus' roles separately? Also what is connection to Joshua? and what chapter vs 8-10?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!