Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Who is our Mother

Old 05-14-2017, 11:48 AM

Default Who is our Mother

On this Mothers day, I am thinking of a topic we were discussing a month or more previous about Jesus while on the cross declaring who his Mother and his brother is.
At the time, the discussions were so heated, It seemed to me to continue would be fruitless that an answer might just be over looked, but on this Mothers day, perhaps there may be some fruit.
I did pass this answer on at the time to someone, for we must share these things.

My intention is not to recreate an argument, But to answer a lingering question while also wishing a Happy Mothers day to two separate Mothers and differentiating Mothers as it is supposed to be in Scripture and I believe somewhat misunderstood. Consider that this is an ambiguous but scriptural answer to the lingering question.

So Here we go.
God commands that we honor our mothers and fathers Ephesians 6:1-3 as an example, Now I am sure for some that is an easy task and yet there are some that have such horrid lives, they wonder why, but here are at least a couple reasons,

The first and foremost is he declares they are whom he used to bring you into this life. (Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.) So often people think their existence has began with birth but yet we are taught in scripture over and over, God knew us first, before, we were formed, before we were in the womb..

Second, God separates birth Mother and Spiritual Mother,
so when reading Scripture you might consider that/these understandings.

Jesus was teaching that in the following Scripture.

Luke 8:19-21 (KJV)
19 Then came to him his mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press.
His actual Mother and Brothers try to approach him
20 And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee. And he was told that his actual Mother and Brethren try and approach him
21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it. And he answers whom he considers are Mother and brethren.

This is confirmed below

Matthew 12:46-50 (KJV)
46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. He defines even more for the teaching

Now, here is what Is meant by his Brethren.. some weeks ago, there was a a question about who Jesus was speaking to while on the cross.. the below scripture was the basis but the question was about whether he has actual brothers. Why would his mother not Be with them as tradition would normally be..

John 19:26-27 (KJV)
26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

The short answer is, The Disciple Jesus always declared he loved was John, although he never states it, through elimination of naming the others while he uses the phrase in reference to john, John is the one it points to. Example, (John 21:7, John 20:2).

As for the statement of His actual brethren, if backtracked, the time line to this scripture, His Brethren(kinsfolk) believed him not, so he went alone ..

Joh 7:1, After these things Jesus was walking in Galilee: for He did not desire to walk in Jewry, because the Jews were seeking to kill Him
Joh 7:2, Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles [booths] was near.

Joh 7:3, His brethren [the kinsfolk] therefore said unto Him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, in order that Thy disciples also may be spectators of the works that Thou doest.

Joh 7:4, For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If Thou do these things, shew Thyself to the world.

Joh 7:5, ( For not even did His brethren [the kinsfolk] believe in Him ).

Joh 7:6, Therefore Jesus said unto them, "My seasonable moment is not yet come: but your own time is alway ready.

Joh 7:7, The world is not able to hate you; but Me it hateth, because I bear witness concerning it, that the works thereof are evil."

Joh 7:8, " Go ye up [with others] unto the feast: I go not up yet unto the feast; for My time has not yet been fulfilled ."

Joh 7:9, When He had said these things unto them, He abode still in Galilee.

Joh 7:10, But when His brethren were gone up, then went He also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

If you read the above Scripture, in my opinion, this could be read as Jesus is in discussion with his brethren/kinsfolk, about conforming with the Jews/tradition/teaching, but he is trying to explain to them why he must do the things he is doing. They don't believe in what his is doing, (his ministry or teaching) so he must even deceive them to settle the matter. (They can not understand yet but will, therefore there is no fruit in arguing) which led to what he said while on the cross a few days later..

My opinion of this understanding is, Mothers Play an important role.

Birth Mothers fulfill Gods wishes as well as Spiritual Mothers.

This seems to be the teachings of Jesus. That is Our Father Gods will.

Dan

Last edited by iamdan : 05-14-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!