Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Can we know we are saved ? what does the Bible tells about salvation ?

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 12:09 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Can we know we are saved ? what does the Bible tells about salvation ?

Can we know we are saved now ? What does the Bible tells about salvation ?

Please share your answer or answers based on what the Bible says.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-03-2016, 02:02 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Can we know we are saved ? what does the Bible tells about salvation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post

ped
15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

My conscience is more often accusing me rather than defending me. Saved? That's a tough one. If it is to be then it's by God's mercy. How can one deserve saving for how Christ lived His life? The example to us. Let alone come close to even the Apostles?
I just can't see myself being rewarded for anything as I fall down as if dead at the judgement throne.
I condemn myself.

Hopefully to non existence.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-03-2016, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Can we know we are saved ? what does the Bible tells about salvation ?

Quote:

ped

The two most prominent verses on Salvation are.

Eph. 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED)

Eph. 2:8
(FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH); and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

JIM

Old 02-03-2016, 03:06 AM

James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
Old 02-03-2016, 06:41 AM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Re: Can we know we are saved ? what does the Bible tells about salvation ?

Quote:
Can we know we are saved now ? What does the Bible tells about salvation ?. . . . .
Your question goes to a common topic: Assurance of Salvation.

Short answer: No. There is no assurance of salvation.

Long answer: CLICK HERE

Excerpts from the link:

".......Regarding the issue of whether Christians have an "absolute" assurance of salvation, regardless of their actions, consider this warning Paul gave: "See then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22; see also Heb. 10:26–29, 2 Pet. 2:20–21)......"

"..........Such an individual was Paul, writing at the end of his life, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day" (2 Tim. 4:7-8). But earlier in life, even Paul did not claim an infallible assurance, either of his present justification or of his remaining in grace in the future. Concerning his present state, he wrote, "I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby justified [Gk., dedikaiomai]. It is the Lord who judges me" (1 Cor. 4:4). Concerning his remaining life, Paul was frank in admitting that even he could fall away: "I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 Cor. 9:27). Of course, for a spiritual giant such as Paul, it would be quite unexpected and out of character for him to fall from God’s grace. Nevertheless, he points out that, however much confidence in his own salvation he may be warranted in feeling, even he cannot be infallibly sure either of his own present state or of his future course........"

"........As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)."

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 02-03-2016, 06:54 AM

Good read CatholicCrusader. Thanks.

This reminds me of the parable of The Ten Virgins. Matthew 25:1-13.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

My conscience is more often accusing me rather than defending me. Saved? That's a tough one. If it is to be then it's by God's mercy. How can one deserve saving for how Christ lived His life? The example to us. Let alone come close to even the Apostles?
I just can't see myself being rewarded for anything as I fall down as if dead at the judgement throne.
I condemn myself.

Hopefully to non existence.
Yes, it's by God's mercy that we are saved.

ped
Old 02-03-2016, 07:38 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post

The two most prominent verses on Salvation are.

Eph. 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED)

Eph. 2:8
(FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH); and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

JIM

Amen,

ped
Old 02-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
In practice or daily life, faith is not visible, so without works or deeds , people will doubt somebody's faith. The Bible says Abraham believed God and it was counted as righteousness. how did Abraham showed his faith ? By agreeing to offer Isaac, is it not ?

ped
Old 02-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Your question goes to a common topic: Assurance of Salvation.

Short answer: No. There is no assurance of salvation.

Long answer: CLICK HERE

Excerpts from the link:

".......Regarding the issue of whether Christians have an "absolute" assurance of salvation, regardless of their actions, consider this warning Paul gave: "See then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22; see also Heb. 10:26–29, 2 Pet. 2:20–21)......"

"..........Such an individual was Paul, writing at the end of his life, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day" (2 Tim. 4:7-8). But earlier in life, even Paul did not claim an infallible assurance, either of his present justification or of his remaining in grace in the future. Concerning his present state, he wrote, "I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby justified [Gk., dedikaiomai]. It is the Lord who judges me" (1 Cor. 4:4). Concerning his remaining life, Paul was frank in admitting that even he could fall away: "I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 Cor. 9:27). Of course, for a spiritual giant such as Paul, it would be quite unexpected and out of character for him to fall from God’s grace. Nevertheless, he points out that, however much confidence in his own salvation he may be warranted in feeling, even he cannot be infallibly sure either of his own present state or of his future course........"

"........As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)."
Our assurance is based on Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ is not true then we do not have assurance.

ped
Closed Thread