Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > What happened during the resurrection?

Old 01-24-2016, 12:16 AM

Default What happened during the resurrection?

Does anybody know what actually happened at the time of physical resurrection of Jesus Christ?
I mean, if we were to witness the physical restoration of life to Christ's body, in the tomb, what would we witness?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-24-2016, 01:18 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: What happened during the resurrection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Does anybody know what actually happened at the time of physical resurrection of Jesus Christ?
I mean, if we were to witness the physical restoration of life to Christ's body, in the tomb, what would we witness?
It would seem Christ woke up like any of us wake up from sleep. Rather like when Lazarus and the young girl were woken by Jesus. Also Peter waking Tabitha and Paul waking Eutychus.

Jesus more than likely healed his wounds rather like healing the ear cut from the centurion only to leave the nail holes for Thomas.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-24-2016, 02:51 AM

Thanks CinderAsh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
It would seem Christ woke up like any of us wake up from sleep. Rather like when Lazarus and the young girl were woken by Jesus. Also Peter waking Tabitha and Paul waking Eutychus...
Since I do not know of any story about the experiences of being dead from these resurrected people, maybe they were asleep as Jesus said. Like being unconscious, and after awaking, have no memory of being unconscious.

But was Jesus unconscious, or asleep? Did he not leave his body for those few days to do something else (which seems to be some confusion about this). Does anybody know for sure?
Quote:
...Jesus more than likely healed his wounds rather like healing the ear cut from the centurion only to leave the nail holes for Thomas.
So Jesus healed his own wounds, broken bones, burst veins (bruising), etc. Or was it God his Father, or was it an angel(s)?

Last edited by Peter : 01-24-2016 at 02:53 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-24-2016, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks CinderAsh.

Since I do not know of any story about the experiences of being dead from these resurrected people, maybe they were asleep as Jesus said. Like being unconscious, and after awaking, have no memory of being unconscious.

But was Jesus unconscious, or asleep? Did he not leave his body for those few days to do something else (which seems to be some confusion about this). Does anybody know for sure?

So Jesus healed his own wounds, broken bones, burst veins (bruising), etc. Or was it God his Father, or was it an angel(s)?

John 19:36
For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

JIM

Old 01-24-2016, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post

John 19:36
For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

JIM

Thanks Jim.
I was under the impression that Jesus's body had a broken nose (Shroud of Turin).
If it did, then it might have been a fractured nose cartilage instead of the bone.

So, no broken bones needed to be healed.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks Jim.
I was under the impression that Jesus's body had a broken nose (Shroud of Turin).
If it did, then it might have been a fractured nose cartilage instead of the bone.

So, no broken bones needed to be healed.
Your right, it is the (Shroud of Turin), not the Shroud of Jesus.
So there wasn't even the cartilage broken.

The Shroud of Jesus doesn't exist, otherwise we "MAN" would Worship it as they now Worship the Shroud of Turin.

JIM

Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Thanks CinderAsh.

There is dead at which we know as different from sleep. There is resurrection of the dead which in essence reveals there isn't really a death in finality. Death is a sleep but much different than the sleep that we sleep and wake from. It's an awakening from death.

Quote:

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body

Jesus was in death as we know dead which is different from the sleep that we know of.

but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

I don't think he left His body but took it along to proclaim to the imprisoned spirits. This was probably upon resurrection and up till the point He was discovered to be missing.

Quote:
I assume it was Jesus, (broken bones, refer Jim, Lookinginforacity's response) from what He said:

17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

Jesus healed many and as I pointed out, the centurion with his ear cut off.
Jesus also laid His hands on the disciples who were then able to heal.
I also pointed out Peter and Paul awakening death.

It may of been angels, as after His temptation with Satan, or it may of been the Father. I am only making an assumption. I do have a strong sense it was Jesus Himself who is God but not the Father.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:19 AM

Thank you CinderAsh for that information, and those verses from 1Peter 3.

What is your reason for only supplying verse numbers, but never book or chapter?
Old 01-25-2016, 03:07 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Thank you CinderAsh for that information, and those verses from 1Peter 3.

What is your reason for only supplying verse numbers, but never book or chapter?
It's not always never. Sometimes I remember to and sometimes I don't.
You could cut n paste the verses into your bible search if seeking context, which is wise. I use NIV translation. Not the most correct but an easier read for me.

My soul seems to absorb particular words or proclamations from scripture so I key word search them to seek them out and then go through the results and in this often scrolling and page turning I miss the crucial elements you noted missing. I so envy those who know exactly where to go. A discipline I so lack.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:44 AM

Quote:
It's not always never. Sometimes I remember to and sometimes I don't.
You could cut n paste the verses into your bible search if seeking context, which is wise. I use NIV translation. Not the most correct but an easier read for me.

My soul seems to absorb particular words or proclamations from scripture so I key word search them to seek them out and then go through the results and in this often scrolling and page turning I miss the crucial elements you noted missing. I so envy those who know exactly where to go. A discipline I so lack.
Thank you CinderAsh for your truth. I am the same in all aspects, but I hardly ever write a quote without its reference, a thing I got from uni.