Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > A Different God or the Same GOD??

Old 01-20-2015, 08:48 AM

Default A Different God or the Same GOD??

Will the 'body of Christ' (1 Cor. 12:12-27) recognize/acknowledge a different God or the same God as who the 'head of the body', Jesus Christ, recognizes/acknowledges as His pre and post ascension God??

(Please see John 20:17 and Rev. 3:12)

Last edited by Soulheart3 : 01-20-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:01 PM

Default Re: A Different God or the Same GOD??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMilkMan View Post
Will the 'body of Christ' (1 Cor. 12:12-27) recognize/acknowledge a different God or the same God as who the 'head of the body', Jesus Christ, recognizes/acknowledges as His pre and post ascension God??

The same God.

And to your next point - who then is Jesus' God?

From the words my God, the Socinians pretend that Christ is not the true God, as we may find in the disputes which Servetus had with Calvin. Calvin answered the Socinians, as all Catholics do, that Christ was both God and man: this and divers things were spoken of Christ as he was man, but that many things in the Scriptures could not apply to him, unless he was also truly God. And by such places is clearly confuted the blasphemy and error of the Arians and Socinians.

(Haydock, G. L. (1859). Haydock’s Catholic Bible Commentary (Re 3:7–13). New York: Edward Dunigan and Brother.)
Old 01-21-2015, 05:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome View Post
The same God.
Thank you for your loyalty to the words/teachings of Jesus.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMilkMan View Post
Thank you for your loyalty to the words/teachings of Jesus.
first what's not taught by many is that the “body of Christ” , ISN'T referring to ALL christians. But to a certain amount that will go to Heaven, 144,000 ,(Rev. 14:1-3 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth). 1Cor. 12 is referring to them the last part shows it's a certain group of people ,(verse 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular).

See (Luke 22:29,30 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me. That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel). And (1Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light). These are the ones who will rule with Jesus, (Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests, and we shall reign on the earth), over a new earth ,(Psa. 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).

Instead of an earthy government where are MANY unrighteous Governmental leaders. They will be no more, (Dan. 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever). There will soon be ONE Heavenly Government ruling over earth. Just as it would have been before the first couple disobeyed. This is why in case many haven't notice. Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom coming “on earth as it is in Heaven ,(Matt. 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven). The Kingdom in Heaven is ALREADY established. So again the Body of Christ is his certain group of people and not his literal body as some are taught. peace

Old 01-23-2015, 11:31 AM

THE SAME GOD (heavenly Father...the CREATOR) is portrayed all throughout scripture.

Even MOSES (ancient Egyot) chose to suffer for "THE CHRIST".......JESUS is for ETERNITY (this is the age of ETERNITY).

Heb 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the ETERNAL Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify your conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Heb 11:26 He considered abuse suffered for the Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he looked to the reward.

Verses are from the RSV.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
first what's not taught by many is that the “body of Christ” , ISN'T referring to ALL christians. But to a certain amount that will go to Heaven, 144,000 ,(Rev. 14:1-3 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth). 1Cor. 12 is referring to them the last part shows it's a certain group of people ,(verse 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular).

See (Luke 22:29,30 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me. That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel). And (1Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light). These are the ones who will rule with Jesus, (Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests, and we shall reign on the earth), over a new earth ,(Psa. 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).

Instead of an earthy government where are MANY unrighteous Governmental leaders. They will be no more, (Dan. 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever). There will soon be ONE Heavenly Government ruling over earth. Just as it would have been before the first couple disobeyed. This is why in case many haven't notice. Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom coming “on earth as it is in Heaven ,(Matt. 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven). The Kingdom in Heaven is ALREADY established. So again the Body of Christ is his certain group of people and not his literal body as some are taught. peace

The Apostle Paul gave false teachings?

Unity and Diversity in the Body
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

How do you clarify this with your teaching JoJo?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Where are the 12 Tribes of Israel today?

"... There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him." (Pope Benedict XVI) [Homily of His Holiness, Sunday, April 24th 2005]

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

When Jesus, the Living Bread, says IS He means IS.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
first what's not taught by many is that the “body of Christ” , ISN'T referring to ALL christians. But to a certain amount that will go to Heaven, 144,000 ,(Rev. 14:1-3 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth).
And what is your theory about:

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no man could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb!" (Rev 7:9-10) ?

Quote:
1Cor. 12 is referring to them the last part shows it's a certain group of people ,(verse 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular).
“Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”(1Cor 12:27)

So whom was Paul writing to in Corinth?

Was he writing to 144,000 Jews or a collection of Christians from pagan and Jewish backgrounds?
Old 01-26-2015, 05:22 AM

It is Jehovah God who is responsible for the performing of such baptism into Christ Jesus as well as baptism into his death. He anointed Jesus, making him the Christ or Anointed One. (Acts 10:38) Thus God baptized Jesus with the holy spirit in order that, through Jesus, his followers might thereafter be baptized with holy spirit. Therefore, those who become joint heirs with him, with heavenly hopes, have to be “baptized into Christ Jesus,” that is, into the Anointed Jesus who, at the time of his anointing, was also begotten to be a spiritual son of God. They thereby become united to him, their Head, and they become members of the congregation that is the body of Christ.-Corinthians 12:12, 13,*27; Colossians 1:18.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
It is Jehovah God who is responsible for the performing of such baptism into Christ Jesus as well as baptism into his death. He anointed Jesus, making him the Christ or Anointed One. (Acts 10:38) Thus God baptized Jesus with the holy spirit in order that, through Jesus, his followers might thereafter be baptized with holy spirit. Therefore, those who become joint heirs with him, with heavenly hopes, have to be “baptized into Christ Jesus,” that is, into the Anointed Jesus who, at the time of his anointing, was also begotten to be a spiritual son of God. They thereby become united to him, their Head, and they become members of the congregation that is the body of Christ.-Corinthians 12:12, 13,*27; Colossians 1:18.
"...the Anointed Jesus who, at the time of his anointing, was also begotten to be a spiritual son of God."

Could you explain what you mean by this please, and also provide some evidence for your claims.