Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Who has Divine Power?

Old 08-21-2014, 02:24 PM

Default Who has Divine Power?

When my Mom was ill, and once again I thank those who prayed for her, I spent a good deal of time reading about healing prayer, and wound up with a question, among other things, about whether the Divine Power remains with the Trinity and is only requested through prayer, or whether Power was granted to the Apostles, or also to other disciples, and if it is granted to people today.
I'm not sure whether it is best to express my conclusion at the onset of a post or not, so I'd be grateful for comments on that as well as the subject question. Atheists, especially Brad and Gray, please stay out of this thread.
I see clearly that Ss Luke and Paul believed Power was granted to humans, but I can't find that in most of Jesus' words.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Who has Divine Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
someone once said ALL humans have the divine power to be like God. This person believed God is ONLY an energy, NOT an actual spirit being, who has feelings. To believe e are and can be as God. Is a thought satan placed in one's head, which can dead to one's destruction. Why would ANY imperfect human want to believe ,we can be like God ,(Jehovah- Exo.6:3)? ,when the wicked angel couldn't even do it, and he was perfect!

People REALLY need to be careful of satan's many tricks ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil). He uses his tricks to make humans believe a lie. Also why would Jehovah God and his son Jesus even give such an important as a divine power. To those who refuse to do his WILL, (Jehovah God) ,as Jesus say to do ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven).

Every christian believe they have a first class ticket to Heaven. Yet many don't realize Jesus will NOT acknowledge them ,(Matt. 7:22,23). and why not?!, because they're really living as the wicked world does ,(James 4:4 ,1John 2:15,16). because Jesus said his FOLLOWERS, were like him,NOT of the world, (John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world).

Jesus also said this ,(John 15:18,19 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you). MANY christians ISN' hated by even non christians.

That's because they pretty much do what non christians do. And they pretty much accepts their actions which goes against Jehovah and Jesus. Which will cost them their lives, because it's a NO-No ,(Pro. 17:15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD). And (Exo. 23:1,2).

so with these scriptures and explanations, MANY will say they have it, untrue! But satan will make it seem as though they do. Just like he make MANY ministers believe they were sent by Jesus ,(2Cor. 11:13-15). Jesus as well as Jehovah God gave the faithful men of old certain powers. What many don't understand ,these men were TRUE worshipers of the God of Israel,(Jehovah/Yahweh).

TODAY!... IF Jehovah and Jesus are still allowing their true people these gift, It's very few! Again!, just because one say, they're a christian, doesn't mean Jesus sees them as such. Which mean they wouldn't receive ANY powerful gifts from him or his Father. Only from satan, a trick to make them believe they are true christians. peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Knight of the Forum

What do these two verses say to us about power?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8
Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 PM
StanJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8
The first is about receiving salvation, and the second is about receiving the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ View Post
The first is about receiving salvation, and the second is about receiving the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
I was simply attempting to help Eshator83 answer his question about Divine Power.

Do these two verses never say more to you than what you have said, Stan?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:

To not faint.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
To not faint.
Yes, if we are God's side there is no reason to faint. Give God the glory!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, if we are God's side there is no reason to faint. Give God the glory!
.... ....
Old 08-21-2014, 11:45 PM
StanJ

Quote:
I was simply attempting to help Eshator83 answer his question about Divine Power.

Do these two verses never say more to you than what you have said, Stan?
Sorry, you didn't quote him so I thought you just wanted general input.

They say exactly what I posted in response...but if you asked me 20 years ago I may have given a different answer. Things get a lot simpler the older you get...right Amadeus?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ View Post
Sorry, you didn't quote him so I thought you just wanted general input.

They say exactly what I posted in response...but if you asked me 20 years ago I may have given a different answer. Things get a lot simpler the older you get...right Amadeus?
I did not mean to cause confusion. I ought to know better but sometimes I really don't.

Well 20 years means a lot to the flesh, but shouldn't it mean more spiritually as well?

20 ago I was still working and doing well, (or so I thought), in my flesh. Since then I retired under very stressful conditions. I also learned that I knew a lot less than I thought I did.

But... yes things do seem in a sense to get a lot simpler if we are able to understand that. They may get simpler even if we are unable to understand that.