Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Heaven

Old 07-22-2014, 10:57 PM
StanJ

Default Heaven

Are you going there?

Are there "Pearly Gates" with St. Peter as the guard?

What exactly is our destination when we die?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Heaven

I sure hope I am
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:59 AM
Suspended for Review

It's like a parallel existence of what we have now only void of anything but love.
Like the accumulation of the personal best day of every life who ever lived and will live forever.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:13 AM

Some of it is inside me, expanding its borders regularly.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:15 AM

Heaven. My favourite topic! I'll be really bummed if I don't make it. I do not, repeat, do not want the entropic universe experience again. I'm trying by God's help to skip the life-review judgment and face Christ without shame. I want my love for God to be bold and pure and it starts here in this dimension with more than these words.

Cheers
Old 07-23-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ View Post
Are you going there? Are there "Pearly Gates" with St. Peter as the guard? What exactly is our destination when we die?
now that's a good question Stan!, many christians are taught falsely concerning what happen when we die. And they ,(many), believe ALL christians goes to heaven, be-it through a rapture, (which ISN'T scriptural based), or once they die. But if we claim to be people who follow Jesus or Jehovah Gods, (Exo. 6:3 ,Psa. 83:18), words. NOT, what man wants us to believe, (2Cor. 11:13-15), which really ISN'T man. But the one who wants us to teach falsely, satan! He's the one who's blinded the “unbelievers" ,(2Cor.4:4).

MANY are taught ALL dead go straight to Heaven, hell, (the fiery one), or purgatory. So let's see what Jehovah Gods word and Jesus said. Death is only a temporary state of sleep... for many, both will be resurrected when the time come ,(Acts 24:15), Jesus came back, (Acts 10:40,41), also see,(1Cor. 15:12-14). the “wicked or unbelieving dead” isn't in a fiery place called hell either. Some say God “LATER”, created a “hellfire”, for them, And placed satan over it.

But I have a question, if you had a child you truly love,who disrespected a serious rule you laid down. You decide to punish him, would your punishment last forever? More importantly, would you allow your worse enemy to do it? This is what MANY are taught concerning Jehovah God, or “God”. Jehovah's word says the dead is a payment for sin ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord). He didn't say the wages for sin was a hellfire lead by his worse enemy, man TAUGHT that!

This is what two of Jehovah's faithful servants said concerning “hell” ,(Psa. 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there). He meant if he falls a sleep in death, Jehovah will still remember him, (as in resurrection). And (Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice). He didn't mention seeing demons and fire, did he? He thought he would die there, in a since it would have been his grave.

So HELL is a common grave, if it was a literal place of fire, why would Jesus say that he prepared a place for even satan, when they SUPPOSE to “live” in fire, (Matt.25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels). And the dead isn't floating around as many STILL believe. Because a soul ISN'T that of the dead, but the LIVING ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul).

See also,(Ezek. 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die). How can a dead person die? Jesus said at Luke ,(12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry).does this make any since if the SOUL was basically a ghost? Do the ghost need to eat? And here ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul).

Jehovah 's word say the dead knows NOTHING ,(Eccle. 9:5). verse 6 says: “Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun”). Our loving relatives, isn't looking down at us, speaking to us or coming to us, the mind is gone, so they don't even know they're dead. They will remain in the grave “good” or “bad” until time to be brought back.

As for Heaven ONLY 144,000 are taken from earth ,(Rev. 14:1-3 and Rev. 7:1-4). they won't be there living as they did on earth, as MANY are taught to believe. They will be joint heirs with Jesus ruling over the earth, (Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth). and As for the great crowd, (which MANY believe are in Heaven also). they will be on earth ,(Psa.37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).

“Standing before the throne”, didn't mean they're actually in Heaven. It meant they were giving Jehovah and Jesus praises for bringing back peace. When most pray, they say...”i come before you”. It didn't mean they were in Heaven, it meant i'm bringing my prayer to you. The earth would be renewed, the wicked destroyed ,(Psa. 37:9,10). the earth will NEVER be destroyed ,(Isa. 45:18 and Eccle. 1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever).

I hope this explain, sorry for the long post. But proper explanation takes research, time and most importantly Jehovah’s HS. peace
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
now that's a good question Stan!, many christians are taught falsely concerning what happen when we die. And they ,(many), believe ALL christians goes to heaven, be-it through a rapture, (which ISN'T scriptural based), or once they die. But if we claim to be people who follow Jesus or Jehovah Gods, (Exo. 6:3 ,Psa. 83:18), words. NOT, what man wants us to believe, (2Cor. 11:13-15), which really ISN'T man. But the one who wants us to teach falsely, satan! He's the one who's blinded the “unbelievers" ,(2Cor.4:4).

MANY are taught ALL dead go straight to Heaven, hell, (the fiery one), or purgatory. So let's see what Jehovah Gods word and Jesus said. Death is only a temporary state of sleep... for many, both will be resurrected when the time come ,(Acts 24:15), Jesus came back, (Acts 10:40,41), also see,(1Cor. 15:12-14). the “wicked or unbelieving dead” isn't in a fiery place called hell either. Some say God “LATER”, created a “hellfire”, for them, And placed satan over it.

But I have a question, if you had a child you truly love,who disrespected a serious rule you laid down. You decide to punish him, would your punishment last forever? More importantly, would you allow your worse enemy to do it? This is what MANY are taught concerning Jehovah God, or “God”. Jehovah's word says the dead is a payment for sin ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord). He didn't say the wages for sin was a hellfire lead by his worse enemy, man TAUGHT that!

This is what two of Jehovah's faithful servants said concerning “hell” ,(Psa. 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there). He meant if he falls a sleep in death, Jehovah will still remember him, (as in resurrection). And (Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice). He didn't mention seeing demons and fire, did he? He thought he would die there, in a since it would have been his grave.

So HELL is a common grave, if it was a literal place of fire, why would Jesus say that he prepared a place for even satan, when they SUPPOSE to “live” in fire, (Matt.25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels). And the dead isn't floating around as many STILL believe. Because a soul ISN'T that of the dead, but the LIVING ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul).

See also,(Ezek. 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die). How can a dead person die? Jesus said at Luke ,(12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry).does this make any since if the SOUL was basically a ghost? Do the ghost need to eat? And here ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul).

Jehovah 's word say the dead knows NOTHING ,(Eccle. 9:5). verse 6 says: “Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun”). Our loving relatives, isn't looking down at us, speaking to us or coming to us, the mind is gone, so they don't even know they're dead. They will remain in the grave “good” or “bad” until time to be brought back.

As for Heaven ONLY 144,000 are taken from earth ,(Rev. 14:1-3 and Rev. 7:1-4). they won't be there living as they did on earth, as MANY are taught to believe. They will be joint heirs with Jesus ruling over the earth, (Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth). and As for the great crowd, (which MANY believe are in Heaven also). they will be on earth ,(Psa.37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).

“Standing before the throne”, didn't mean they're actually in Heaven. It meant they were giving Jehovah and Jesus praises for bringing back peace. When most pray, they say...”i come before you”. It didn't mean they were in Heaven, it meant i'm bringing my prayer to you. The earth would be renewed, the wicked destroyed ,(Psa. 37:9,10). the earth will NEVER be destroyed ,(Isa. 45:18 and Eccle. 1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever).

I hope this explain, sorry for the long post. But proper explanation takes research, time and most importantly Jehovah’s HS. peace
I have a question for you.

If God is willing to live with dirty people, people who have disobeyed him, then why did Jesus even need to come?

Jesus came to make us clean, and gave us his Holy Spirit to keep us clean.

(2 Peter 2: 20-22) “and anyone who has escaped the pollution of the world by coming to know our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and who then allows himself to be entangled and mastered by it a second time, ends up by being worse than he was before. It would have been better for them never to have learnt the way of uprightness, than to learn it and then desert the holy commandment that was entrusted to them. What they have done is exactly as the proverb rightly says: The dog goes back to its vomit and: As soon as the sow has been washed, it wallows in the mud.”

I don’t believe God wants to live with people who have disobeyed him, which is why Satan lost his place in Heaven.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ View Post
Are you going there?

Are there "Pearly Gates" with St. Peter as the guard?

What exactly is our destination when we die?
Hi Stan,

The destiny of the righteous is not to go to Heaven but rather to spend eternity on the renewed earth.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:05 PM
StanJ

OK some great and not so great answers.

1. Our citizenship may be in heaven, as it is in the records of any country, but that is not our destination. Our ultimate destination is shown in Rev 21:1-4, with a side trip after the rapture to the 1000 year reign of Christ.

2. There are NO physical boundaries to heaven except for God Himself, who is the ONLY occupant of heaven, along with His angels who for purposes of this thread are not relevant.

3. Now and since the beginning, those who have accepted God's promise or walked in His ways, are in Paradise. This is NOT heaven and it is a non-corporeal plain of existence for our spirits.

In order to keep this on track, I won't address the other rabbit trails presented.

Bottom line...we were never designed to live WITH God in His domain, God wanted to create us and live with us in our physical domain.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by StanJ
You can't agree then qualify your agreement John. Either the Bible is accurate or it's not. If it's the human heart then it's the human heart and we are held liable for what we do. If it's Satan that is responsible then Satan is responsible and we can't really sin.
The Bible says we are responsible for our sins and WE sin from our heart, not because the "devil made us do it".

The only way one can truly know what the written Word is telling us, is to allow God to give one the understanding.

I quote a scripture that says sin is Satan’s Work. You quote scripture that you understand to mean, that sin is from a man’s heart.

Did you ask Jesus what the scripture you want to believe you understand, truly means? If Jesus told you that your understanding is correct, then live with it, and what others understand does not matter.

************************************************************ *******************************

Originally Posted by Johnlove
I agree, and know who puts those evil lies into the heart/souls of man.
Satan started with Eve.

You can't agree then qualify your agreement John. Either the Bible is accurate or it's not. If it's the human heart then it's the human heart and we are held liable for what we do. If it's Satan that is responsible then Satan is responsible and we can't really sin.
The Bible says we are responsible for our sins and WE sin from our heart, not because the "devil made us do it".
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 NIV
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Col 4:6 NIV

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 07-31-2014 at 03:11 PM.