Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Testimonials  > Amazing coincidences

Old 03-23-2019, 07:20 PM

Default Amazing coincidences

We all experience lots of coincidences, I suppose, but I wonder if readers feel sometimes, as I do, that some (even many) of the coincidences we experience are so incredible that they seem very likely to be expressing or reminding of us of something very important, maybe even supernatural or Divine.
I propose to share one of my recent coincidences, and to ask readers to comment on their own experiences of coincidences, and their interpretation, or comment on mine, or even comment on both.
Today I was writing a book review on Fr Ronald Walls' book, Christ Who Lives in Me. After I said it was an enjoyable series of meditations on the Rosary, I wrote I was disappointed that I found only two very short comments on the concept of Jesus in us, and I had picked up the book in large part because I have recently found several other books on this subject.
At this point I stopped writing, distracted by something I cannot remember, but sometime in the next hour or so, before I added anything further to my review, I more or less randomly, I think, stumbled upon a third reference in the book to Jesus within (or sometimes translated in Greek "among") us. Could I have been getting "extra" help?

Last edited by eschator83 : 03-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Amazing coincidences

Hi eschator,

I've probably had some coincidences happen in the past, but cannot recall very much. There was one not so long ago. On my way home, i suddenly remembered words from the Prodigal Son which had me thinking what i have been doing in the past. Did i waste my inheritance, did i pursue unprofitable or worldly things, was i suffering as the son who had to eat what the swines were eating and decided he must as well ask forgiveness from his father and be a cared-for servant in his household, than having nothing to eat and wear where he was then?

When i got home, i quickly turned on the (Christian) radio as i often do, and lo, a preacher was speaking on Luke 15. It was just part of his msg i heard, but he assured i hadnt squandered my inheritance, i never really pursued worldly things, for God's word was always more important when i thought of a possible job, business or leisure activity, etc. And i was not eating swine food, but at times disciples of Christ must suffer or go thru various kinds of trials...and it's alright.

We may say that is coincidence, but i see it only as God working and speaking in my life there and then, when i needed reassurance that i might have slipped or made mistakes in the past, but on the right track and to keep walking in straight paths, even as i ask for forgiveness for any shortcomings along the way.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-02-2019, 04:56 PM

Amazing that was our Gospel reading last weekend. I use coincidence because I am reluctant to say inspiration or revelation...mostly from humility, I hope. I think they happen once a week or more.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:53 AM

Wonderful to see the careful contemplation arise, the God of “peace” cares for us so much, once a week would be on the lesser-end of frequency for me too.
God placed all things under his feet and appointed him
to be head over everything for the church, which is his body,
the fullness of him who fills everything in every way, ,

, , in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

(Ephesians 1:22,23 Romans 12:3)
That care, so multi-faceted comes equipped with a care we also tap into which serves as a safety-net and shield. With that, the provision of Him expressing Himself “in every way”, an element I'm afraid some shudder to think could actually lead to this.

But it happens, you watch the days go by and the instances come and are again replaced, time-and-again with another ‘coincidence’, as Mari said, the recollections begin to become less of a tangible point to testify on. Yet, some of these things have staying power, and we could bring them up, , at this point I wonder, could the faith of the young be harmed in discouragement if they did not see this happen in their lives after months and months (years) of no visible sign from God? God forbid the possibility.

I guess that is where the power of discipleship and or fellowship come in to carefully lead them by the Master’s voice, the ultimate care that is we know, no stranger to Biblical detail. Details such as knowing ‘humility’, or ‘glorying in the Lord’, ‘boldness’ and glorying in our ‘infirmity’, all of which have their place. Now if this is a form of glorying in the Lord, then a kind sort of care should accompany it I would think.

Thanks for seeing such through.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:00 PM

I cannot imagine any person who truly never sensed the Presence of God. I know a few who deny they have, but it seems untrue. I think they just do not want to follow His Will, or sometimes they have objections to the Church.
My sense of frequent coincidences helps assure me beyond any question of His Presence and His Love, and it seems hardly a week passes without something quite amazing happening.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:48 PM

The rest of the story...well, maybe just a bit more.
I suppose I have been fascinated by the differences between Revelation, inspiration, intuition, mindwanderings, dreams, coincidences, and general distractions most of my life. I decided a couple years ago that I was experiencing so many coincidences that I would count them. I cannot remember when, and I think I wrote nothing down at the time. But recently I decided to write them, and today I wrote three of them , numbers 187-189. Thank you God, for sending them to encourage and guide me.