Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Testimonials  > God is good, and merciful!

Old 11-06-2019, 03:17 AM

Default Re: God is good, and merciful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
We might bite our lip and understand that there are things and forces greater than ourselves.

AND NOW!!

Still and all, stumbling blocks here in the forum should not be a complete block to discussion, ,
Okay, that suits itself well for us to understand why some folks are filtered off and contribute to some of the dwindling, but you resist exactly how “things and forces” excuses and permits us to jump this shark,
All Scripture is, , profitable for, , reproof, for correction

2 Timothy 3:16
You don’t touch on the above unity I requested, and due to your affectionate pattern, you likely will not come close to the “correction” mentioned here either. You persist in leading us around a parameter of scriptural disobedience without reason. Past examples such as Moses and the rest? Chalk another up, the Spirit of God reigned that one in too,
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent

Acts 17:30
Repent to what? Church authority, so we can conform to more need of “correction”? The word of God is a stumbling-block? What are you trying to feed me? That Church authority is sanctioned to say to the world 'The Bible is a stumbling-block!' Get real man and answer directly, I’m trying to narrow this search by asking a simple question and you keep taking us down the garden path. This isn’t hard, but evasiveness wishes to turn the truth into a hoax! Is Church authority causing you to conform to this?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
.....All Scripture is, , profitable for, , reproof, for correction[/i]

2 Timothy 3:16

You don’t touch on the above unity I requested......

I have addressed that scripture so many times in my over ten years in this forum that I lost count.

Yes, all Scripture is profitable for reproof, for correction. Yes, it is. Nobody denies that. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the Church having the final word in doctrinal disputes. None at all.

One does not cancel out the other. After all, even though all Scripture is profitable for reproof, for correction, did not Paul still feel the need to rebuke people for doing the wrong things in various cities? Think about that for a while.

But I repeat again, stumbling blocks here in the forum should not be a complete block to discussion. If you allow differences to just cause you to throw your hands up and stop talking to me then that all on you man. I don't take any of this personally myself.

Quote:
.....You persist in leading us around a parameter of scriptural disobedience without reason.....
Now THAT is a LIE and I DO take that personally. I have never, and would never, tell anyone to disobey scripture. If you want to go down that road I could definitely make a strong case that YOU disobey scripture.

I OBEY scripture sir. I respect that which Christ established and the men HE placed in authority. Jesus did not place YOU in authority. Remember that sir. YOU are like ME, a mere disciple. Jesus did not give you or me the authority to forgive sins as he gave to the apostles (John 20:23) and he did not give us the authority to baptize all nations as he gave to the apostles (Matthew 28:18-20) Jesus did not give you or me the authority to "Bind and Loose" as he gave to the apostles (Matt 16, Matt 18). If you read the Bible in context these things were given to the twelve only, not to all disciples.

Yes, I obey scripture sir. I know my role, as laid out by Jesus.

I know my responsibilities too. Do you eat his flesh and drink his blood? I do. "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

I am able to do this by way of the miracle at Mass. You do not.

I can make a laundry list of scriptures I obey and you do not IF that is the accusatory road you wish to go down.

I, however, see no positive fruit in going down that accusatory road.

I repeat a 3rd time, stumbling blocks here in the forum should not be a complete block to discussion. If you allow differences to just cause you to throw your hands up and stop talking to me then that all on you man.

Quote:
....What are you trying to feed me?......
I am making the case for the beliefs and traditions of the 2,000 year old Catholic and orthodox Churches, as opposed to your 500 year old neo-modern version of Christianity.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 11-06-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-07-2019, 03:39 AM

Thank you for what appears to be a direct sense of sincerity, issues that may or may not yet have presented themselves here, but ďa lieĒ? If so, then where is the Catholicís clearing themselves of the issue of the lowly disobedience I have centered on long ago?
Old 11-07-2019, 07:55 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Thank you for what appears to be a direct sense of sincerity......
I always am sincere.

Quote:
Thank you for what appears to be a direct sense of sincerity, issues that may or may not yet have presented themselves here, but “a lie”?
Well, an untrue statement at the very least. As I said, I have never, and would never, tell anyone to disobey scripture.

Quote:
.....but “a lie”? If so, then where is the Catholic’s clearing themselves of the issue of the lowly disobedience I have centered on long ago?

"......the issue of the lowly disobedience I have centered on long ago......"

And still, to this day, I do not know what that means. Maybe that's why I have not addressed it.

I DO know that there are legions of Catholics who take obedience to the farthest point, taking vows of poverty and charity. Of course, most are called to family and raising children, but some answer the call of Jesus, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 11-07-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
quote:"......the issue of the lowly disobedience I have centered on long ago......"

And still, to this day, I do not know what that means. Maybe that's why I have not addressed it
Thatís okay, no one here claiming the sharpness of the word of God (Hebrews 4:12) as I used it long ago in this thread to define lowly disobedience describes a pleasant experience, nor that the constant delivery of it (2 Timothy 4:2) is by Godís will, not willing to await authorityís approval. More to delve, but it doesnít seem altogether welcome.

But with God, all things are possible as it is here. Praying for you brother!

pryz, , out.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
......it doesnít seem altogether welcome.......
I would like to know what it means, in plain simple-guy English.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
Thank you God for Your Mercy and Blessings.
Indeed.