Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Spirituality  > Why Book of Enoch is rejected by Jews and Christians

Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 PM

Default Why Book of Enoch is rejected by Jews and Christians

Jews possible reason to not consider the book of Enoch to be inspired:

Enoch 89:59-61&65-66 and Enoch 90:22-25

59"And He called seventy shepherds, and cast those sheep to them that they might pasture them, and He spake to the shepherds and their companions: "Let each individual of you pasture the sheep henceforward, and everything that I shall command you that do ye. 60And I will deliver them over unto you duly numbered, and tell you which of them are to be destroyed- and them destroy ye." And He gave over unto them those sheep.
61"And He called another and spake unto him: 'Observe and mark everything that the shepherds will do to those sheep; for they will destroy more of them than I have commanded them.

65"And I saw till those shepherds pastured in their season, and they began to slay and to destroy more than they were bidden, and they delivered those sheep into the hand of the lions. 66And the lions and tigers eat and devoured the greater part of those sheep, and the wild boars eat along with them; and they burnt that tower and demolished that house.

90:22-25
22"And He said to that man who wrote before Him, being one of those seven white ones, and said unto him: 'Take those seventy shepherds to whom I delivered the sheep, and who taking them on their own authority slew more than I commanded them.'
23"And behold they were all bound, I saw, and they all stood before Him. 24And the judgement was held first over the stars, and they were judged and found guilty, and went to the place of condemnation, and they were cast into an abyss, full of fire and flaming, and full of pillars of fire. 25And those seventy shepherds were judged and found guilty, and they were cast into that fiery abyss.

The sanhedrin, the religious ruling council of the jews is 70, and it doesnt probably refer to the first 70 chosen, but the ruling council of 70 that continued on throughout the time of Isreal, who had the "keys to the kingdom"

The Christian church's possible reason for eventually discarding the book of Enoch as inspired.

Enoch 90:17
"And I saw that man, who wrote the book according to the command of the Lord, till he opened that book concerning the destruction which those twelve last shepherds had wrought, and showed that they had destroyed much more than their predecessors, before the Lord of the sheep.

Those twelve shepards could easily be interpreted as the new ruling body Jesus chose to replace the Sanhedrin, and probably not so much the first twelve but the the office of leadership of the Christian church that those twelve passed onto too, again those holding the "keys to the kingdom".

Sinse the Book of Enoch was found amoung the Dead sea scrolls, its obvious to me that it indeed was a religious book of the time Christ and was seemingly quoted from in the New Testament. It was believed to be inspired by early church leaders then discarded later on, possibly due to its apparent condemnation of not only the jewish spiritual leaders, but christian spiritual leaders as well.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Why Book of Enoch is rejected by Jews and Christians

So, which book of the 3 books were rejected, 1 Enoch (The Ethiopic Book of Enoch), 2 Enoch (The Slavonic Secrets of Enoch), 3 Enoch (The Hebrew Book of Enoch)?
From which one are you quoting?
Let me see in my brother that I see in Him whom I worship.

John 7:19
Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law?

Remember, always, the Angels wish...Selah!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 PM

It is the copy of the Ethiopic translated by Robert H. Charles in 1912, and was supported by the Ethiopic church as a valid translation.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM

Hi,

The Book of Enoch was not included for fear of worshiping angels. Man had no control of what books were included in the canon.

21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and he pondereth all his goings.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walknlight View Post
Hi,

The Book of Enoch was not included for fear of worshiping angels. Man had no control of what books were included in the canon.

21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and he pondereth all his goings.
Scripture is indeed inspired and worth more than fine gold, but did God control the selection starting with the books that the Orthodox hold as canon, and change His mind to as to what the Roman Catholic church holds as canon (different), and then change His mind again as to what the protestants hold as cannon, and perhaps even again as what the watchtower or LDS hold as canon? If God was in control of all these changes, then He is not the same now and forever which is a contradiction of the nature of God. If He was in control of just some of them being proclaimed as canon, then it makes sense that only the original ones held by the Orthodox would be true, for God doesnt change. Do you hold true to the Orthodox faith sir?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
Scripture is indeed inspired and worth more than fine gold, but did God control the selection starting with the books that the Orthodox hold as canon, and change His mind to as to what the Roman Catholic church holds as canon (different), and then change His mind again as to what the protestants hold as cannon, and perhaps even again as what the watchtower or LDS hold as canon? If God was in control of all these changes, then He is not the same now and forever which is a contradiction of the nature of God. If He was in control of just some of them being proclaimed as canon, then it makes sense that only the original ones held by the Orthodox would be true, for God doesnt change. Do you hold true to the Orthodox faith sir?
Not here to debate about this.

not some but all.

But thank you for your insight.

Yahweh Bless!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walknlight View Post
Not here to debate about this.

not some but all.

But thank you for your insight.

Yahweh Bless!
I dont really like to debate either. But take it as food for thought. Yahweh blesses as He wills, I pray His will would include blessing you.