Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Spirituality  > Spiritual Schoolhouse Animosity

Old 07-11-2020, 05:31 AM

Default Spiritual Schoolhouse Animosity

Spiritual Schoolhouse Animosity. A driving force anymore.

Theologians, Scholars, How deserved is this popular stereotype of throwing literary excellence in a most negative light? Is it not rather obvious what negativity is truly at work in all that?

The affiliation to me is fully inconsequential and should be to every blood-bought child of God, though I realize there are actually two opposing animosities at work in several denominations that compete for her highest allegiance to aspire to. Of these,

One that lavishes honor upon His presence for those things we are told will come to pass, granted by individual and or instructional methods.

Another that prefers to also honor those things and His presence but only by clerical hierarchy.

It is my view, the Spirit of unity does not rest well on one of these. THAT, is without question a fundamental thing the Church is to aspire to.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-2020, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Spiritual Schoolhouse Animosity

God knows the difference between the wheat and the tares. The problem will not be solved by humankind, scripture says, to leave them there together till the harvest.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-12-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
God knows the difference between the wheat and the tares. The problem will not be solved by humankind, scripture says, to leave them there together till the harvest.
To see if I understand you correctly, your saying those who should be hearing the words of 2Tim 3:16-correction are also tares?
Old 07-12-2020, 07:51 AM

There have always been tares who are not affected by the amazing power of the word of God. God forces no one to come to Him, to learn from Him. Some are part of the clerical hierarchy, for power attracts many who have no desire to serve God and learn from Him, but gain power for power's sake.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:52 AM
Knight of the Forum

Theologians have their place. Study is good. They are not the end all though.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 07-18-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Theologians have their place. Study is good. They are not the end all though.
This is what the LORD says:

"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength,
or the rich man boast of his riches,
but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"

declares the LORD.

Jer 9:23-24
Old 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtndot View Post

for in these I delight,"

declares the LORD.

If someone posts a post and says that their own personal interpretation of scriptures on a particular doctrine is correct, and stands in opposition of 2,000 years of Christian teaching, would that not be the height of boasting?

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 07-19-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Quote:

for in these I delight,"

declares the LORD.

If someone posts a post and says that their own personal interpretation of scriptures on a particular doctrine is correct, and stands in opposition of 2,000 years of Christian teaching, would that not be the height of boasting?
I dunno'.

I guess if their "personal" interpretation can be shown to be incorrect according to the Scriptures' own words, in the light of all Scripture, that would be boasting, for Scripture does not contradict itself.

Contradiction is the result of not understanding the Word of God written in the light of all Scripture.

Noting that not all boasting is vain in Jer 9:23-24. . .boasting about understanding and knowing the LORD who delights in and exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth is worthy boasting.

Last edited by mtndot : 07-19-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:16 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I dunno'.
Indeed. How telling.