Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Spirituality  > HG/HS, More Trait or Specific Person?

Old 12-21-2019, 07:18 AM

Default HG/HS, More Trait or Specific Person?

The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the Holy One to be born will be called the Son of God.

Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

(Luke 1:35, Isaiah 7:14)​
I couldn’t agree with the Theologian’s label more, a “divine substitute” while the temptation to err (controversy) should cease since it is plain, God the Holy Spirit is not Jesus’ Father,
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

(Colossians 2:8-10)​
With that in mind, I now wonder if we Trinitarians haven’t worked to document away from the true person of the Holy Spirit and that “fullness” that is Christ’s concerning Him?

A Blessed and merry Christmas to you and yours!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2019, 05:00 AM

Default Re: HG/HS, More Trait or Specific Person?

I ask any holding a faint glimmer of truth, we say 'these Three', indeed, it is as stated. Then advise, the traits that the Holy Spirit are known by, sometimes can also be seen as Christ's traits. Is it wise for sake of clarity while discussing the trinity to let these remain more a compiling of the three being fully separate, than singular traits of the One and true God? Somehow, I wonder if fear prevents us from allowing the consent of scripture moreso than we do of man?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-24-2019, 09:02 AM
Knight of the Forum

LUKE 1:35
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy–the Son of God.

This is the same language used to describe when God would “overshadow” the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 40:34).

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 12-27-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
LUKE 1:35
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy–the Son of God.

This is the same language used to describe when God would “overshadow” the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 40:34)
Interesting! Ohh, from those many sacred writings of the times of divine intercepting of evil or intervention to deliver, we know, “the battle is the Lord’s”! I suppose the specific person, the specifics of His traits, of His redemption, forms of providence as well as allocating enablement isn’t as important to separately define as it is to close in on the effort to “become more like Him”.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:55 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
.......the specific person, the specifics of His traits, of His redemption......

The Holy Spirit is the Second Person of the Trinity.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I was just trying to speak to the specific verse you had offered up.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 01-01-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
The Holy Spirit is the Second Person of the Trinity.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I was just trying to speak tom the specific verse you had offered up.
Honest, I was and am in appreciation of the reference. My comment, while not idle, was quite possibly a re-evaluation of the op.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

An abundance of observations can be made of the Holy Spirit from all manner or perspectives.

As a gentle wind,
s GOD or the Third Person of the Trinity,
as the force that moves me
as the inspiration of the Scripture